***** Sersi (Eternals) *****

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Historically, has the dev ever consciously put a latest 5* who is in LT into another new 5* special store before? My impression is that it has always been 2 non-latest 5* and newest 5*. 

By consciously, I meant deliberately putting that latest 5* into another newest 5* store and let it run for the full week, without making any changes.
  • HoundofShadow
    I can't remember Wasp release because that she was released in 2018.

I do remember this one where the odds was 1:6. 

Here is the thread:

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/82413/alpha-the-omegas-token-gave-me-5-yelena

Yelena was added into Apocalypse store even though she was still in latest. However, it was rectified quickly.

When did 5* new store become a regular event? Has it always been there since 2017?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards

When did 5* new store become a regular event? Has it always been there since 2017?
    If you're talking solely about the CP store: it started sometime between Black Bolt and Thanos. I can't remember who was the first one; I know that Black Panther definitely had his own release store. In those days, it was just the newly-released 5* solo in their store, with a 10% chance of getting them. When Gladiathor was released, they shifted it to the current three 5* in a new release store, with a 15% chance (5% per 5*).

If you're talking about the HP store, that started with Professor X, which infamously prompted a huge outcry here on the forums.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

If you're talking solely about the CP store: it started sometime between Black Bolt and Thanos. I can't remember who was the first one; I know that Black Panther definitely had his own release store. In those days, it was just the newly-released 5* solo in their store, with a 10% chance of getting them. When Gladiathor was released, they shifted it to the current three 5* in a new release store, with a 15% chance (5% per 5*).

If you're talking about the HP store, that started with Professor X, which infamously prompted a huge outcry here on the forums.
    Ah, yes, Professor $. Good times.

Historically, has the dev ever consciously put a latest 5* who is in LT into another new 5* special store before? My impression is that it has always been 2 non-latest 5* and newest 5*. 

By consciously, I meant deliberately putting that latest 5* into another newest 5* store and let it run for the full week, without making any changes.
    I remember there was one previous occasion where a 5* was in both Latests and another store simultaneously. If memory serves me right it was Wasp; if not, it was around the time Wasp was in Latests.
    I think that isn't the case, @BlackBoltRocks -- if there is anything our devs are diligent about, it is tailoring opportunities to induce real money changing hands. (But I could be wrong. I was wrong all day about everything today, according to my partner... Happy Thanksgiving!).
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    I was referring to the CP store. Prof X hp store is memorable indeed. 

Did anyone notice increased match-5 when playing against Sersi even when her purple hadn't be casted? I was using +125% critical damage against big matches and it never fails to disappoint. I always get to benefit from the boost. Those match-5 can't be seen on the board and it usually happens when match-4 or 3 is made and a match-5 happens next.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    What was the Prof X issue? Was playing the game but not on forums back then
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    Prof X introduced 5* HP store. So, he was required as essential 5* in pve before he hits latest legend. This means that you can only get him via hp store for his first essential. His nickname was Prof $ because of this.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    ah ok, I did wonder where that nickname had come from 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    There were plenty of people fighting for cyclops shards on that HE pvp. It seems cyclops has been revalorized thanks to SC.
    I was remembering cyclops has some repeaters giving green, and sersi fortifyes special tile on green, so the so called spin cycle could have another ways to go throught, this time not sure if SC being around.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh man!  The greatest dev store glitch of all time was when the classic store was bugged to a 25% 5* drop rate AND the only 4* that dropped were from the latest vault (back when that’s was a thing).  Amazon digital day was probably the single biggest buying day.   But the 25% glitch day probably has the record for the largest CP redemption!!!!!!!

In my mind, I keep imagining that they have some dashboard bot that monitors server stats and on that day, the dashboard went insane!   

• HoundofShadow
    I think some players were not happy about the glitch and they wanted the dev to rollback this massive cp gains of those players. In the end, I think the dev didn't do it?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    I think some players were not happy about the glitch and they wanted the dev to rollback this massive cp gains of those players. In the end, I think the dev didn't do it?
    No your thinking about another different glitch.  This glitch Players were spending their previously hoarded cp.  although to be fair buy club spending went through the roof on that day.    Lol!  (Don’t think it got to digital day spending levels though). 

The glitch your thinking about was when players found a method to purchase fresh cp at a discount rate.  But the actual drop rates were correctly advertised etc.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steering discussion back to Sersi, she helps deny colors to you can potentially cascade into others easier. Might be a fun teammate for PXOnslaught. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    What is the consensus on this character? How good would the next character have to be to warrant pulling for Gamora, Sersi and X?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    The next character will have to be better than Ultron, which shouldn't be a high bar.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone suggested Sersi-Onslaught-SC. I been trying it in sims, and I really like it.

I start with 2 purple ap boost + 1 all colour boost, so that at the start of the match I have 3 purple ap. I will cast Sersi purple on black colour (to reduce the drop). Then if there is any match 4, then wham!! Cascades galore! Just like any onslaught match but on steroids! I have many games that ends on the first turn, because I get so many cascades. 
    As with all onslaught games, sometimes there is no match 4 and the game drags on. No matter, because you can manipulate the board with Sersi Green, SC red and purple and Onslaught blue. 
    This SOS team is a fun team to play with. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone have any more thoughts on sersi now thatore people have champed her?
    Seems like a very good all-around 3rd spot character as she can support just about anyone by suppressing unwanted colors and spawning any important color for teammates wants for 9 green, and can boost specials by a lot with the right team. Plus her death resistance could make her easier on healthpacks too (if it's reliable). 
    All that said, I don't know that i see a great pick 2 team for her. 
    Is she better than that?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    I've only just champed her, and haven't had a ton of time to find novel teams for her. I like her a ton better champed than i did as a 1/1/1 tester in her PVP though. 

I've tried her between Heimdall and Odin on the premise she can fortify a ton of stuff, but it ended up not working out that well. I also tried her with Magneto when he was boosted last, but it just didn't work out either. A lot of the special tile spammers are older characters, so leaning into her green for special pumping may not work out too well with that old health. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2022
    Sersi can do a lot of different things she has so versatile design.
    Actually she is one of the best fortifying character. 9 AP is expensive however she will fortify the special tile you wanted and something more: she can turn randomly another special tile you have to the color you chose and at the same time she fortifies it.
    I run her at 3 yellow for effects like those.
    And her special tiles are strong. 
    Her purple power is something that I use to fire when I see matches, because is a power that can backfire to you on AI's turn. If I'm relying in those special tiles then I don't use that purple because possibly won't last many turns.
    Running with SC, I'm not sure if SW or her is better partner. Creating tiles from TU is a great feature. 
    Sersi is a underrated character and is easy to fail to notice the support she gives, even more if the AI makes cascades because of her.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only just champed her, and haven't had a ton of time to find novel teams for her. I like her a ton better champed than i did as a 1/1/1 tester in her PVP though. 

I've tried her between Heimdall and Odin on the premise she can fortify a ton of stuff, but it ended up not working out that well. I also tried her with Magneto when he was boosted last, but it just didn't work out either. A lot of the special tile spammers are older characters, so leaning into her green for special pumping may not work out too well with that old health. 

Interesting. I am not surprised to hear that heimdall and odin didn't work out super well. They are both secondary players as well, so that threesome lacks a real star (with the exception that heimdall can be the feature player if you use shuri to make his blue cost 3. but one can't always afford to use a 4*)