***** Sersi (Eternals) *****

Comments

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    The date on that store also looks off by a week.  This Thursday ought to be the start of the HP store with next Thursday the start of the CP store.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    oh boy another Mehternal call me when we get a character from Spider-Man No Way Home.
    Which Spider-Man are we missing? 
    Tobey or Andrew Garfield Spider-man we have 3 comic ones  and 2 holland Spider-man ones
    But are they still not Peter Parker?
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    oh boy another Mehternal call me when we get a character from Spider-Man No Way Home.
    (Probably) not from No Way Home, but Scarlet Spider (both Ben Reilly and Kaine), Iron Spider, Spider UK, Captain Universe Spider-Man, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man India, Steampunk Lady Spider, Spider-Punk, Japanese Spider-Man and Leopardon, Spiderling.... 

Seriously though, I'd really like a 5* classic Scarlet Spider
  • DAZ0273
    mdreyer93 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    (Probably) not from No Way Home, but Scarlet Spider (both Ben Reilly and Kaine), Iron Spider, Spider UK, Captain Universe Spider-Man, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man India, Steampunk Lady Spider, Spider-Punk, Japanese Spider-Man and Leopardon, Spiderling.... 

Literally none of those including Ben Reilly (is the Clone Saga suddenly a beloved storyline?!?!?) seem all that enticing to me. Yet Sersi a new character is a problem? Not understanding this one.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only problem is that she's not Omega Red
    This is a glaring problem; I’m surprised I didn’t catch it right away.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 342 Mover and Shaker
    I wish Sersi was our 4*, and Ikaris was the 5* with their same powers lol.  Just adjust Sersi's stats down to 4* and bump up Ikaris.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2021
    This seems like ANOTHER iHulk killer denying green on the board , no wonder they made Ikarus an iHulk feeder, at this rate in 3 months no one will ever use him . They’re beating a dead Hulk yet BRB remains without a hard counter .
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm trying to figure out how to trigger winfinite with her. Something seems off about her. It's probably due to her green being random. I'm going to try Thor/5* Storm/Seri as a potential winifinite and choose blue as the colour. Heimdall looks like a good winfinite with her but I don't have decent coverage of him to test it out. Either Shuri or Magik could be good here. Shang Chi might even be better.

I'm glad and sad to see Heimdall in her store. Glad because I want to pull for him and sad because I don't have many pulls left.

As for coverage, if I'm going winfinite, I'm going 3/5/5. Create enough of her cds (4-5) and stop winfiniting.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm trying to figure out how to trigger winfinite with her. Something seems off about her. It's probably due to her green being random. I'm going to try Thor/5* Storm/Seri as a potential winifinite and choose blue as the colour. Heimdall looks like a good winfinite with her but I don't have decent coverage of him to test it out. Either Shuri or Magik could be good here. Shang Chi might even be better.

I'm glad and sad to see Heimdall in her store. Glad because I want to pull for him and sad because I don't have many pulls left.

As for coverage, if I'm going winfinite, I'm going 3/5/5. Create enough of her cds (4-5) and stop winfiniting.

I don't think her yellow will be useful with Shang-Chi. 

It kind of sounds like a good idea because he makes a lot of match-5s, but like I said above, he's throwing 200k+ bombs at people. 

Sersi making 20k AoE countdowns is fine, but how many times are they actually going to go off before you Shang-Chi the whole enemy team to death?
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2021
    What I don't get, because there are like 12 Eternals or something like that: How were so many people so certain that it was Sersi?
    Did you read the clue and/or watch the film? Does any other Eternal have the power to "change" things? Did you notice she was the lead character?

But yeah, no idea how people guessed it. Must of been datamining. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Sersi is a support character, so she will help Shang Chi to 200k opponents more quickly. Maybe 3/5/5 is not good when you are pairing her with Shang Chi. 3/5/5 will shine when you are pairing her with someone else. I was thinking of how to create more yellow cds quickly since she can create one whenever a match-5 is made. I know Shang Chi can smash enemies to death quickly, but that's not the theme I'm looking at.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sersi is a support character, so she will help Shang Chi to 200k opponents more quickly. Maybe 3/5/5 is not good when you are pairing her with Shang Chi. 3/5/5 will shine when you are pairing her with someone else. I was thinking of how to create more yellow cds quickly since she can create one whenever a match-5 is made. I know Shang Chi can smash enemies to death quickly, but that's not the theme I'm looking at.
    But I think her purple and green abilities actually do help him smash people to death!  Maybe not as well as some other characters, but we'll have to see how the purple effect plays.

You could try to build around her yellow but I'm not sure who you'd use for that.  I think the ability is a good deal worse than it looks, to be honest.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This seems like ANOTHER iHulk killer denying green on the board , no wonder they made Ikarus an iHulk feeder, at this rate in 3 months no one will ever use him . They’re beating a dead Hulk yet BRB remains without a hard counter .
    Hulk makes his own green, he doesn’t need to rely on it falling in. And I don’t think a green denial power like this one would work fast enough; but since it converts a bunch of existing tiles to something else maybe?
  • HoundofShadow
    Hulk was dead the moment Wanda came out. However, you will see him come out during boost week when there isn't Wanda/Colossus around. Electro was there to sweeten the deal. 

So, the chosen colour will have a drop rate of 7.5%.

I think Thor and Adam Warlock will be fun with her. Deny blue. More purple and black will be on the board, which Adam Warlock can make use of. Then, use Sersi's green to create more yellow or purple. 

I probably need to wait until her introduction to get more inspiration.

• CallTheStorm
    CallTheStorm Posts: 63 Match Maker

Ever Watchful Legendary Store - Nov 18-23

• 15% chance to get Gamora (Deadliest Woman), Heimdall (The Gatekeeper), Captain Marvel (Galactic Warrior)

Typo? Should we get Sersi,Heimdall and Captain Marvel?

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    DAZ0273 said:
    mdreyer93 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Literally none of those including Ben Reilly (is the Clone Saga suddenly a beloved storyline?!?!?) seem all that enticing to me. Yet Sersi a new character is a problem? Not understanding this one.
    Oh, I have nothing against Sersi. Glad to have new characters in the game. The question was asked, which Spider-Man was missing. Lol
  • DAZ0273
    mdreyer93 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    mdreyer93 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Oh, I have nothing against Sersi. Glad to have new characters in the game. The question was asked, which Spider-Man was missing. Lol

Ah, fair enough!
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

I don't think her yellow will be useful with Shang-Chi. 

It kind of sounds like a good idea because he makes a lot of match-5s, but like I said above, he's throwing 200k+ bombs at people. 

Sersi making 20k AoE countdowns is fine, but how many times are they actually going to go off before you Shang-Chi the whole enemy team to death?
    Sometimes you need a backup plan for when the winfinite fails.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Actually playing her with SW the board control will be amazing. Possibly SC will always achieve the 10 combo if of course he can pay their 6 purple taxes, that's the only downfall.