***** Sersi (Eternals) *****

Comments

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    So you don't like Shang-Chi?
    Never watched the movie and not a huge MCU fan in truth. I don't think I've ever pulled him before but honestly while I would probably sell him, I wouldn't do it easily. His gameplay is just way too much fun. 

mdreyer93 said:
    What do you mean you won't keep her if you get her? You need at least one for essentials. 
    I am not a serious gamer. I love PQ more than anything and have spent quite a lot of money on it, however my focus has always been to have fun with it. I only roster and build the characters I like using and have fun with. I do the story modes if I like the characters I get from progression and the same goes for if I like the 4 star in a PVP. Sadly, and I am not sure if it's just me, but rewards from placement are just too difficult at my place. I have about 20 different championed 4 stars. 

And to keep things on track. Honestly I can see this character being super super powerful if specifically built around as many have said. From her revive, to her special tiles, or her less AP creation. Honestly of her entire kit it's that first move that scares me... There is so many games where I am so close to losing but I get just the AP I needed for a win.. If she could per say make sure red AP doesn't generate as easily, characters who deal tons of damage with those colors may not be as good. Honestly it's interesting. With Blob and Odin, it seemed like we were getting a more defensive phase meta started but now it seems they're going back to Offense. A shame too since I feel like a Defense meta may be neat. Would require the devs to find ways to get creative about the kits so AI can play em just as well as a human player. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's up with all these overly complicated characters lately.......
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I like this one. I won't know how much I like it until we get numbers and I can test it out, but so far I like it. The revive is nice, but I don't think it will be very prominent in game play. I'm betting it'll all be about the purple. Kind of like how 5witch is all about green. Sure, you'll fire off Witch's purple and might fire blue if you feel like it, but he green is why people use her. 

I get the complicated feeling people have for this one. It's not a character that can be put on complete autopilot like Chavez. If we break it down, it's actually a simple power set. Purple is just a quick cost to activate. You're choosing which color will hurt the enemy team the most and that's pretty much it. You get a bonus from the special tile creation, but I'd ignore that as it is not something you can control to a great degree. Green supports purple and is a synergistic power that will have value based on her allies. Finally, yellow is just conditional AoE with the rare opportunity to revive.

As I see it, this character is summed up as
    •  : limit enemy's desired tiles with chance to make SAP tiles
    •  : fortify and boost SAP tiles
    •  : small chance at AoE with smaller chance to revive
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her Crit Multiplier is one of the lowest in the game: 3.0x and she doesn't have match damage boost. What these mean to me is get ready for cascade and match-5 shenanigans, like Prof X. Put her with Onslaught/Prof and she's pretty much AI-proof.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    I like this one. I won't know how much I like it until we get numbers and I can test it out, but so far I like it. The revive is nice, but I don't think it will be very prominent in game play. I'm betting it'll all be about the purple. Kind of like how 5witch is all about green. Sure, you'll fire off Witch's purple and might fire blue if you feel like it, but he green is why people use her. 

I get the complicated feeling people have for this one. It's not a character that can be put on complete autopilot like Chavez. If we break it down, it's actually a simple power set. Purple is just a quick cost to activate. You're choosing which color will hurt the enemy team the most and that's pretty much it. You get a bonus from the special tile creation, but I'd ignore that as it is not something you can control to a great degree. Green supports purple and is a synergistic power that will have value based on her allies. Finally, yellow is just conditional AoE with the rare opportunity to revive.

As I see it, this character is summed up as
    •  : limit enemy's desired tiles with chance to make SAP tiles
    •  : fortify and boost SAP tiles
    •  : small chance at AoE with smaller chance to revive
    To add to this. A decrease chance for certain tiles means an increased chance for the rest. Pair her with SC and choose black means more purple, red, green, yellow and blue. Getting match-5s should be a breeze.
    Depending on the number of tiles changed and the nature of the boards her green should result in more match-5s.
    This will all feed into her yellow to create fortified tiles. If you have Odin you will probably rarely eat significant damage. If you have Heimdall all powers will be significantly reduced.
    I doubt she will supplant Switch, Apocalypse, or Colossus in the meta but she has some good partners for good teams. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,803 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if I'd say they're running out of design space, but if they want to keep making characters with unique mechanics...they're like 200 characters deep at this point. 

All the simple stuff has been done already.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    I don't know if I'd say they're running out of design space, but if they want to keep making characters with unique mechanics...they're like 200 characters deep at this point. 

All the simple stuff has been done already.
    I don't even think they're getting more complicated. I mean, OML has 6 powers... 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if you use her Purple on Black with Domino on your team, does the game throw in the towel?
  • entrailbucket
    Anon said:
    So if you use her Purple on Black with Domino on your team, does the game throw in the towel?
    I think this means new tiles just don't drop at all -- you have to play the game with whatever's on the board until you run out.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    I think this means new tiles just don't drop at all -- you have to play the game with whatever's on the board until you run out.
    I think it comes down to percentages. At x/x/5 covers, Domino increases the chance of black tiles dropping by 100%. If this character decreases that chance by, let's say, 70%, then black tiles will still have a 30% higher chance of dropping. With 7 types of tiles, we can assume that new tiles have a 14.29% chance of being black. So with Domino new tiles have a 28.58% of being black tiles. I don't think this character's purple will decrease black tile's chances by more than 100% so there should still be black tiles dropping, even without Domino. Just not many. As always, we won't know until the numbers are released.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited November 2021
    The dev actually revealed the drop rate for each tile: 15% for coloured tiles and 11% for teamup tiles.

In this case, with Domino, there's a 30% chance of black tiles dropping.

For this character, if it reduces blue by 70%, it simply means that there's a 4.5% chance of blue tiles appearing. 

Using the above two modifiers, for every 100 tiles that fall, there will be:

~11 team up
    ~ 5 blue
    ~15 red, green, yellow, purple
    ~30 black

• Sekilicious
    I look at these numbers and I wonder why I get match-5s dropping from the sky once or twice a week. I assume it is because of confirmation bias and poor memory. But with it shifting from 1/6 + TU to 1/5 + X + TU (the real math is in the post above) then I expect it to happen once per match, but only for the opponents.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    But if it considers CD and Repeaters as special that could be a nice synergy with the vulnerability in some chars that leave out expensive repeaters.
    @purplemur   As far as I am aware, repeaters, countdowns, strikes, protect and attack tiles are all "special",  

If you are ever unsure, try matching one with a morbius on your team. See if anything happens. Web tiles and trap tiles don't count as special iirc. And sometimes the pve stages with "hazards" (snowballs or the wakana tiles) count as enemy specials. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It can be checked with Dbeast.
    He will give AP for matching repeaters like wanda's mystical feedback, and cds and all special tiles 
  • HoundofShadow
    No need to guess. Please check in-game faq for definitions of special tiles. It has existed for years.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    The dev actually revealed the drop rate for each tile: 15% for coloured tiles and 11% for teamup tiles.

In this case, with Domino, there's a 30% chance of black tiles dropping.

For this character, if it reduces blue by 70%, it simply means that there's a 4.5% chance of blue tiles appearing. 

Using the above two modifiers, for every 100 tiles that fall, there will be:

~11 team up
    ~ 5 blue
    ~15 red, green, yellow, purple
    ~30 black

That adds up to 106%,
    Also I believe TU is only 10% and the other 6 colors are 15% which adds up to 100%.
    KGB
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,901 Chairperson of the Boards
    I look at these numbers and I wonder why I get match-5s dropping from the sky once or twice a week. I assume it is because of confirmation bias and poor memory. But with it shifting from 1/6 + TU to 1/5 + X + TU (the real math is in the post above) then I expect it to happen once per match, but only for the opponents.
    Are you saying you see fewer match 5's from the sky that you expect or more? And by match 5 dropping do you mean when you destroy a row/column and get 5 of the same color dropping or just a match 3 dropping 3 colors and creating a match 5 with existing colors?
    KGB
  • Sekilicious
    KGB said:
    Are you saying you see fewer match 5's from the sky that you expect or more? And by match 5 dropping do you mean when you destroy a row/column and get 5 of the same color dropping or just a match 3 dropping 3 colors and creating a match 5 with existing colors?
    KGB
    Yeah, when a column or row is destroyed I occasionally see a match-5 drop from above. I see more than I expect because I have automatically assumed that should never happen for anyone, though I know from probability mathematics this assumption is incorrect and it is really just a small percentage. Just how small I have never bothered to figure out though I should be able to, also through using probability mathematics. My brain also probably deletes memories of me getting the match-5s from cascades because I only remember the AI getting them. Perhaps that is because they are more painful, leaving me with a feeling that the AI is cheating to force me to either lose or eat health packs. I know this feeling is also incorrect because I win like 99% of my matches, I just have no idea why I feel like I struggled on some when all my characters survive at full health or the 1% of losses leave me with a bitter taste in my mouth. 
  • entrailbucket
    Akoni said:
    Anon said:
    I think it comes down to percentages. At x/x/5 covers, Domino increases the chance of black tiles dropping by 100%. If this character decreases that chance by, let's say, 70%, then black tiles will still have a 30% higher chance of dropping. With 7 types of tiles, we can assume that new tiles have a 14.29% chance of being black. So with Domino new tiles have a 28.58% of being black tiles. I don't think this character's purple will decrease black tile's chances by more than 100% so there should still be black tiles dropping, even without Domino. Just not many. As always, we won't know until the numbers are released.
    It was a joke!
  • HoundofShadow
    This is the fuller version regarding drop rate from their extinct blogpost:

The computer does not try to screw up your turn by dropping bad tiles either. Each new tile is selected at random, individually, without any feedback from the swap‑selection code. I did learn that Team-Up tiles drop with a slightly lower rate than color tiles. Each color is weighted with a value of 1.0, while Team‑Up tiles are weighted with 0.75. That means there’s about an 11% chance that a new tile will be a Team‑Up, and about a 15% chance for each of the colors.