Hi Everyone - We are aware that some posts are popping up on the forums and displaying only 1 view (instead of the many views each post is getting). This is being worked on but may take a couple of days to fix. We apologize for any inconvenience!

***** Gamora (Deadliest Woman) *****

1235712

Comments

  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,641 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also agree that being her yellow her only reason to basically exist as a character it would have been much better if the repeater was fortified but I guess they thought it was too much :S
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 949 Critical Contributor
    Gamora (Gene Simmons) looks interesting enough. I like that game dynamics keep shifting, I just wish we could have less character rehash.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 6,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish we could have had this costume for Gamora rather than the somewhat drab one we are getting but more importantly I want that version of Rocket as a costume!!!!

  • mpiter
    mpiter Posts: 77 Match Maker
    After reading the whole thread so far, I think Gamora is a very useless character.

    To summarize what has been written so far, her red might be nice against waves but not against non-wave 5* teams at level 10.  Just 10000 damages four times against characters with 100k to 200k PV for 9 Red does not seem a great bargain to me!

    I think her Black as currently set is terrible.  No real use without bonus in the 5* world and it seems very difficult to efficiently earn the bonus.  If you do not target a very strong opponent you are likely to loose the bonus because the target might be low in health after you have increased and kept the counter over 10 till the target launches his power.  So it seems important to target a very strong enemy.  But letting  a high-level opponent to cast a power to get the bonus might mean instant death for your character or at least a health pack if you cannot tank the damage.  So not only you need to keep the repeater over 10 till the target cast a power but you need to manage the effect of the enemy attack.  It is too dependent on luck because AI is not reliable about when a character casts a power.  It is not always done as soon as possible.

    Her Yellow does not seem so great to me either.  Low damage, a random stun one turn out of two, and a non-fortified repeater to be protected to go through the enemy defense for 7 AP might be insufficient against Wanda and other damage reducers because most of them or their usual team mates have good firing power .  Gamora has just below 70k PV at level 450.  She will not survive long against Wanda & company.  Finally, do not expect to stun lock any 3-character team with her Yellow.  Even if you could choose the target, you would need 6 repeaters carefully set to stun lock a team.  But with a random target as specified in the definition of her Yellow power, that is hopeless.

    In summary.  I do not think I will ever use her instead of Okoye or Apocalypse except when she is boosted.  Even boosted, I am not sure that I would use her because she is slow.  No matter the team mates people have already suggested or I can think of, I always find better combinations. I think she will be dedicated to stay quiet on the bench.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    mpiter said:

    In summary.  I do not think I will ever use her instead of Okoye or Apocalypse except when she is boosted.  Even boosted, I am not sure that I would use her because she is slow.  No matter the team mates people have already suggested or I can think of, I always find better combinations. I think she will be dedicated to stay quiet on the bench.

    I have to agree, it really sucks that she is so bad considering her 3/4*s were fun and useful. How do they release a 5* version that is worse than their 4* by leaps and bounds ? I don't get it at all, this uneven character development is getting really pathetic. D3 should be ashamed to release such garbage like 5Gamora and Ultron, especially releasing such trash back to back and that will clog up the LL store for months. 

    Her black is pure garbage. Between getting the repeater's stacks built up then the enemy also having to use a power which is just dumb. Gamora also being easily killable with fairly low health and whoever the target is could be killed well before all conditions are met, what a joke ability.

    Red sucks for a 5* power and only packing any bite if you've already downed other enemies. They could of made red work differently, maybe attack the target several times and move onto the next target if you down the first. That would help accelerate her black so it's not so terrible. 

    Yellow isn't that special either, especially a non-fort repeater. Anyone who's used 5Marvel knows how much of a nightmare it is with her repeaters. Half the the time the repeaters are dropped in the vicinity of a couple like colored gems and gets matched soon as it hits the board. I've also had the repeater dropped many times right between like colored gems and instantly matched away. There is nothing more frustrating than when that happens wasting the AP to use the ability and get nothing out of it at all. The stun on her yellow isn't a big deal at all and the damage is weak. The tile can easily be matched away as well as other characters that can remove tiles in various ways. Gamora is pretty low in  health and likely to die quickly, doesn't seem likely to cause any stun lock mayhem with multiple repeaters out. I don't see many scenarios where he yellow makes a huge impact. 

    I don't see any teams that really need her. None of her abilities are worth trying to build a team around. I don't feel like she's especially good in PVE or PVP. Maybe in PVP SCL 10 you might get her black's bonus damage off once a while, but it's not worth the trouble when you have other characters with better and easier to use black damage abilities, same for her red. She doesn't seem fun to use either, I'm ok with a 5* not being meta, but they should at least be fun and more well put together than Gamora. There's quite a few 5s that aren't meta but are still fun to play like Hela, Yelena, YJ and others. It's really a huge downer when they release 5s like Gamora/Ultron, like I said before especially releasing two absolute duds back to back. 

  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpiter said:
    After reading the whole thread so far, I think Gamora is a very useless character.

    To summarize what has been written so far, her red might be nice against waves but not against non-wave 5* teams at level 10.  Just 10000 damages four times against characters with 100k to 200k PV for 9 Red does not seem a great bargain to me!

    I think her Black as currently set is terrible.  No real use without bonus in the 5* world and it seems very difficult to efficiently earn the bonus.  If you do not target a very strong opponent you are likely to loose the bonus because the target might be low in health after you have increased and kept the counter over 10 till the target launches his power.  So it seems important to target a very strong enemy.  But letting  a high-level opponent to cast a power to get the bonus might mean instant death for your character or at least a health pack if you cannot tank the damage.  So not only you need to keep the repeater over 10 till the target cast a power but you need to manage the effect of the enemy attack.  It is too dependent on luck because AI is not reliable about when a character casts a power.  It is not always done as soon as possible.

    Her Yellow does not seem so great to me either.  Low damage, a random stun one turn out of two, and a non-fortified repeater to be protected to go through the enemy defense for 7 AP might be insufficient against Wanda and other damage reducers because most of them or their usual team mates have good firing power .  Gamora has just below 70k PV at level 450.  She will not survive long against Wanda & company.  Finally, do not expect to stun lock any 3-character team with her Yellow.  Even if you could choose the target, you would need 6 repeaters carefully set to stun lock a team.  But with a random target as specified in the definition of her Yellow power, that is hopeless.

    In summary.  I do not think I will ever use her instead of Okoye or Apocalypse except when she is boosted.  Even boosted, I am not sure that I would use her because she is slow.  No matter the team mates people have already suggested or I can think of, I always find better combinations. I think she will be dedicated to stay quiet on the bench.
    Why are you using Wanda? She has less health than Gamora at 450. And it's not like Wanda at 450 can take out lots of CL 10 pve opponents on her own.
  • mpiter
    mpiter Posts: 77 Match Maker
    shardwick said:
    Why are you using Wanda? She has less health than Gamora at 450. And it's not like Wanda at 450 can take out lots of CL 10 pve opponents on her own.
    I never us Wanda.  I only have her at 111 (powers).  I mainly play with iHulkoye (+ Polaris for the non-essentiel nodes) or Polagritty in PVE 10.

    I cited Wanda for PVP because I read in this thread that Gamora was considered to be used by some people as an anti (Wanda + Colossus) or other damage reducers.  It looks like her only potential use but I do not think she will be good at that either.
  • mpiter
    mpiter Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Conversely to what most people plan to do, I consider spending my LL tokens with Odin instead of Gamora while I will be championing Shang Chi.  Of course, I would not do it if someone could give me a good reason to do the opposite.
    As written in a few previous messages I do not see any use of her while I feel I could play Odin once or twice a day with iHulkoye as a PVE 10 player for the third and/or fourth fight of the Challenging node.  Tanking the damages with Odin could allow Okoye to survive till the end of the combat.
    It is a small use but it is better than never use Gamora.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpiter said:
    shardwick said:
    Why are you using Wanda? She has less health than Gamora at 450. And it's not like Wanda at 450 can take out lots of CL 10 pve opponents on her own.
    I never us Wanda.  I only have her at 111 (powers).  I mainly play with iHulkoye (+ Polaris for the non-essentiel nodes) or Polagritty in PVE 10.

    I cited Wanda for PVP because I read in this thread that Gamora was considered to be used by some people as an anti (Wanda + Colossus) or other damage reducers.  It looks like her only potential use but I do not think she will be good at that either.
    I just think it's a bit silly to knock Gamora on her health when she has more health at 450 than almost all of the 5* characters in the game at the same level. And depending on your Okoye's level Odin would probably tank all colors over Okoye except for black. If Gamora's yellow is as good as I think it will end up being then yeah it'll be big against Wanda or BRB teams.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 6,679 Chairperson of the Boards
    He's using non-boosted 450 Gamora to compare her damage against 100k to 200k hp enemies in scl 10 pves. You do this with all the 5* and 95% of them fails.
    The only characters he uses is iHulkoye, Kitty/Polaris, Apocalypse. I also infer that he hardly plays pvps, based on what he says about Wanda/Colossus. If he plays pvps a lot, he wouldn't be saying such things. Therefore, I conclude that he's a meta chasers playing only pves. 

    Time to put Colossus/Wanda + Odin/Apocalypse/Morbius/Mantis/Ronan/Onslaught/Yelena in Challenge Nodes and 5* Essential nodes in SCL 10 pves... >:) 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2021
    It's always hilarious how people slam new characters even before they've been released and testing them out in actual gameplay. Go and complete Gamora and test her out in CL10 PVE and PVP, both boosted and unboosted, then you're much better equipped to say whether she sucks or not. If you have a lv450 3/5/5 (or whatever build) Gamora, you've played around with her in PVE and PVP with and against a bunch of different characters, and your verdict is that she's meh or she sucks, then I can understand and respect your opinion.

    And even if the general consensus is that she's meh, she's the 62nd 5*. There are plenty of 5* to discover potential combos with. The first ones that come to my mind include Heimdall, Odin, Goblin, and Cable for their tile fortification. With the exception of Wasp, every 5* boosted can pull their weight and find a decent combo with other 5* (yes I'm including Mehneto, Fatpin, and Banner, because I've gotten decent use out of them, boosted and unboosted).
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    In fact all about this character sounds odd:
    1. She was released as a collab with square. Why? Has square now rights on Disney? Is going to be like that onward? Collabs with video games. 
    There is a new movie in theaters why there is no tie-in? Is it because they know venom is not popular or is it because teathers are not doing good nowadays? Is it because fox sony is not inside Marvel yet?
    2. She was released on forum without the usual week to guess it and with one power still depending on balance pass. Why.
    Is it because they want to hear us about her or is it because they were forced to? Too many questions in here :D
    Her black is cheap. However the chances are low on to fire it 2 times and buiding those 2 cds for a double nuke. It's cheap but actually it's slow. Hits hard but it's not a power for to buid a team for it.
    Her red it's a bit expensive and conditional but it's an AoE. Not sure if AoE powers are so great now as they were before. 
    And her yellow is a total mistery. I think no one can be certain of how it will work on that damage reduction restriction. Those repeaters stunning could be really handy but their outcome on the battle will be random. The effectivenes on this power is going to be linked to the damage reduction part.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 6,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have never in my time playing released a character tie-in for a non Marvel MCU movie release, so nothing for Venom 2 is exactly unprecedented. They have had a few nods to other movies for example they ran Magik's pvp to coincide with The New Mutants release and I remember them running one of the X-Men pvp's when one of the X-Men movies came out (Apocalypse maybe?). They did acknowledge the Netflix shows with both a release for Iron Fist and a Defenders themed run of PvP's and they also released Cloak & Dagger as a direct promotional tie-in to the TV show (maybe Nico for Runaways too? Not sure).
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 925 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    In fact all about this character sounds odd:
    1. She was released as a collab with square. Why? Has square now rights on Disney? Is going to be like that onward? Collabs with video games. 
    There is a new movie in theaters why there is no tie-in? Is it because they know venom is not popular or is it because teathers are not doing good nowadays? Is it because fox sony is not inside Marvel yet?
    2. She was released on forum without the usual week to guess it and with one power still depending on balance pass. Why.
    Is it because they want to hear us about her or is it because they were forced to? Too many questions in here :D
    Her black is cheap. However the chances are low on to fire it 2 times and buiding those 2 cds for a double nuke. It's cheap but actually it's slow. Hits hard but it's not a power for to buid a team for it.
    Her red it's a bit expensive and conditional but it's an AoE. Not sure if AoE powers are so great now as they were before. 
    And her yellow is a total mistery. I think no one can be certain of how it will work on that damage reduction restriction. Those repeaters stunning could be really handy but their outcome on the battle will be random. The effectivenes on this power is going to be linked to the damage reduction part.

    Maybe it's like when my step dad would ask me to trim the hedges. I didn't want to trim the hedges, but I couldn't say no, so I'd do a horrible job in hopes he'd never make me do it again.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 2,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    They have never in my time playing released a character tie-in for a non Marvel MCU movie release, so nothing for Venom 2 is exactly unprecedented. They have had a few nods to other movies for example they ran Magik's pvp to coincide with The New Mutants release and I remember them running one of the X-Men pvp's when one of the X-Men movies came out (Apocalypse maybe?). 
    But Disney bought Fox more than one year ago.
    Spider's case is even stranger as we have vulture, and kingping and spider gwen multiverse when spider's rights were on sony, and after that mysterio and the elementals from their last collab.
    We should need a wiki- rights- pedia soon.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 6,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Bad said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    They have never in my time playing released a character tie-in for a non Marvel MCU movie release, so nothing for Venom 2 is exactly unprecedented. They have had a few nods to other movies for example they ran Magik's pvp to coincide with The New Mutants release and I remember them running one of the X-Men pvp's when one of the X-Men movies came out (Apocalypse maybe?). 
    But Disney bought Fox more than one year ago.
    Spider's case is even stranger as we have vulture, and kingping and spider gwen multiverse when spider's rights were on sony, and after that mysterio and the elementals from their last collab.
    We should need a wiki- rights- pedia soon.

    The two (soon to be three) Spider-Man films are all set in the MCU and so those characters are MCU characters not Sony-verse ones.
    Spider-Man: Into the SpiderVerse is an interesting outlier. I can only suspect that because Marvel had not had any animated films themselves at the time released at the cinema that they considered it could "slip through the gaps" for partner promotional purposes but they haven't chosen to allow promotion any other non MCU film properties. Edit: Additionally I guess SpiderVerse is not actually set in the established Sony-verse of movies, so perhaps that matters also.
    In terms of ex-Fox properties - Agatha Harkness was probably the first confirmed ex-Fox "property" to appear in a Disney/Marvel production with The Watcher following suit. I think we can probably argue that Loki has an appearance too but the character is not officially named as anybody other than "He who Remains".
    So moving forward, we are seeing the slow integration of ex-Fox properties and that will likely reflect in some MPQ releases but probably not for the Sony stuff.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,144 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bad said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    They have never in my time playing released a character tie-in for a non Marvel MCU movie release, so nothing for Venom 2 is exactly unprecedented. They have had a few nods to other movies for example they ran Magik's pvp to coincide with The New Mutants release and I remember them running one of the X-Men pvp's when one of the X-Men movies came out (Apocalypse maybe?). 
    But Disney bought Fox more than one year ago.
    Spider's case is even stranger as we have vulture, and kingping and spider gwen multiverse when spider's rights were on sony, and after that mysterio and the elementals from their last collab.
    We should need a wiki- rights- pedia soon.

    The two (soon to be three) Spider-Man films are all set in the MCU and so those characters are MCU characters not Sony-verse ones.
    Spider-Man: Into the SpiderVerse is an interesting outlier. I can only suspect that because Marvel had not had any animated films themselves at the time released at the cinema that they considered it could "slip through the gaps" for partner promotional purposes but they haven't chosen to allow promotion any other non MCU film properties. Edit: Additionally I guess SpiderVerse is not actually set in the established Sony-verse of movies, so perhaps that matters also.
    In terms of ex-Fox properties - Agatha Harkness was probably the first confirmed ex-Fox "property" to appear in a Disney/Marvel production with The Watcher following suit. I think we can probably argue that Loki has an appearance too but the character is not officially named as anybody other than "He who Remains".
    So moving forward, we are seeing the slow integration of ex-Fox properties and that will likely reflect in some MPQ releases but probably not for the Sony stuff.
    Perhaps this is correct though the split between MCU and Sony-verse seems to be getting greyer with rumors of multiple Spidermen and Venom being integrated somewhere and somehow. For some reason I remember Miles and Gwen being released into the game pre-Into the Spiderverse. The only character from that would be Fatpin, though maybe you can argue Prowler was released because of the movie. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 7,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Wolfsbane came in around the time New Mutants was coming out, even though she is more of a comics accurate presentation. I would say that seems to be more the norm when non-Marvel Studios content is coming out and we get a character that feels like a tie in.

    i can’t recall if Cable was introduced in a timely fashion with Deadpool 2, but I think Domino was and she also looks more like the classic comic representation.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 6,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Bad said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    They have never in my time playing released a character tie-in for a non Marvel MCU movie release, so nothing for Venom 2 is exactly unprecedented. They have had a few nods to other movies for example they ran Magik's pvp to coincide with The New Mutants release and I remember them running one of the X-Men pvp's when one of the X-Men movies came out (Apocalypse maybe?). 
    But Disney bought Fox more than one year ago.
    Spider's case is even stranger as we have vulture, and kingping and spider gwen multiverse when spider's rights were on sony, and after that mysterio and the elementals from their last collab.
    We should need a wiki- rights- pedia soon.

    The two (soon to be three) Spider-Man films are all set in the MCU and so those characters are MCU characters not Sony-verse ones.
    Spider-Man: Into the SpiderVerse is an interesting outlier. I can only suspect that because Marvel had not had any animated films themselves at the time released at the cinema that they considered it could "slip through the gaps" for partner promotional purposes but they haven't chosen to allow promotion any other non MCU film properties. Edit: Additionally I guess SpiderVerse is not actually set in the established Sony-verse of movies, so perhaps that matters also.
    In terms of ex-Fox properties - Agatha Harkness was probably the first confirmed ex-Fox "property" to appear in a Disney/Marvel production with The Watcher following suit. I think we can probably argue that Loki has an appearance too but the character is not officially named as anybody other than "He who Remains".
    So moving forward, we are seeing the slow integration of ex-Fox properties and that will likely reflect in some MPQ releases but probably not for the Sony stuff.
    Perhaps this is correct though the split between MCU and Sony-verse seems to be getting greyer with rumors of multiple Spidermen and Venom being integrated somewhere and somehow. For some reason I remember Miles and Gwen being released into the game pre-Into the Spiderverse. The only character from that would be Fatpin, though maybe you can argue Prowler was released because of the movie. 

    Kingpin and Spider-Ham were the movie tie-in's.
    Spider-Man: No Way Home will indeed be intriguing, you might say Dr. Strange is potential but there is Strange's own movie that is next on the release slate. Who we get for that I have no idea.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 6,318 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolfsbane came in around the time New Mutants was coming out, even though she is more of a comics accurate presentation. I would say that seems to be more the norm when non-Marvel Studios content is coming out and we get a character that feels like a tie in.

    i can’t recall if Cable was introduced in a timely fashion with Deadpool 2, but I think Domino was and she also looks more like the classic comic representation.

    Cable was 2018's Anniversary character. He didn't really tie into either the movie release (May) or DVD release (August). Domino was actually released after Cable in November 2018. I guess you could argue it wasn't coincidence both came out the same year though.