***** Odin (All-Father) *****

Comments

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    marvel075 said:
    Bruh i feel like this has to be Odin, his powers compliment Heimdall well, and only his red overlaps, so you can choose which red to use.
    I KNEW IT BRUH
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Teams/characters that can hit 5792 threshold easily are:

1) Colossus
    2) Wanda (if you create cascades)
    3) iHulkoye
    4) Kitty/R4G
    5) Prof X
    6) Onslaught
    7) Ronan
    8) Kitty/Knull
    9) Thorpocalypse
    10) Okoye

As you can see, almost all the meta teams are in there.

If I target Odin, he will create three fortified tiles. On his next turn, he creates a 3-turn cd that heals his lowest health ally every turn. Finally, it creates a strong strike tile. As long as there are three fortified tiles on the board, he will create a 3-turn cd every turn.

If I target his ally, he'll jump in front and negates the damage.

I just realised that beginning from Wanda, every 5* has some sort of cd mechanism:

Wanda - reduce enemy power level to 1 and + 55% power damage.
    Knull - AoE cd and purple power that reflects 33% damage back to enemy's ally.
    Ronan - 22k damage cd and + 100% match damage against target
    Electro - 3 cds that destroy tiles 
    Odin: cd that heals allies every turn

Ignoring the defensive tactics, Knull/Ronan/Odin/ could be funny. You have to keep track of so many cds and decide which one to prioritise. Worst of all, they keep coming back even after you match them. When Ronan gets his repeaters on board, you are going to have more trouble. Odin's fortification got to fortify any of the cds or repeater tiles. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards

If I target Odin, he will create three fortified tiles. On his next turn, he creates a 3-turn cd that heals his lowest health ally every turn. Finally, it creates a strong strike tile. As long as there are three fortified tiles on the board, he will create a 3-turn cd every turn.

Actually his Blue only puts out the 3 turn CD if there are 3+ colors of fortified tiles. So him being in front and making 3 fortified tiles doesn't guarantee they will be on 3 different colors. But if you do that a 2nd time and he gets 6 out there the odds dramatically increase that he gets 3 different colors.
    KGB
  • HoundofShadow
    That's right. I was assuming it will be on three different coloured tiles. You got to be very unlucky if you hit only 1. On the third turn, that's where he is very likely to start putting cd every turn.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Odin, huh? I really didn't see the powerset fitting him at all. It seems strange that Odin will work better with Heimdall than his own son Thor!

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    DAZ0273 said:
    Odin, huh? I really didn't see the powerset fitting him at all. It seems strange that Odin will work better with Heimdall than his own son Thor!

Thors' kits in this game aren't the most impressive or interesting.  

2star and 3star are almost the same. Just different numbers on the dmg
    4star thoress is interesting, but a bit gimmicky
    4rog is fun! But at the mercy of randomnes.
    Halfthor is great, but only reaches his potential at half HP.

Comparing them to say, all the spidermens, wolverines, black widows etc. The non-Thors have mostly more interesting kits at all tiers.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Thors' kits in this game aren't the most impressive or interesting.  

2star and 3star are almost the same. Just different numbers on the dmg
    4star thoress is interesting, but a bit gimmicky
    4rog is fun! But at the mercy of randomnes.
    Halfthor is great, but only reaches his potential at half HP.

Comparing them to say, all the spidermens, wolverines, black widows etc. The non-Thors have mostly more interesting kits at all tiers.

The passive healing is what I was referring to - half health Thor cowering at the back doesn't want any more health!
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really don’t see Odin pairing too well with heimdall.
    they are color matched and reliant on a single nuke.
    They need a good behind the lines dps with them and one that doesn’t reduce damage.
    In PvE they could work with heroes like JJ, Yellowjacket, Adam warlock, and Samurai Daken. JJ is great because heimdalls blue will let you peak at her trap tile placement.
    PvP is another story since heimdall won’t fire his powers at the right time. In PvP I see Odin as an alternative to heimdall not as a great partner.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Does Odin reduce damage if he is already in the front or does he just create some fortified tiles?
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Does Odin reduce damage if he is already in the front or does he just create some fortified tiles?

Clearly not because otherwise how would you ever kill him when his reduction is 100% :D
    KGB
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Well, you would have to get rid of fortified tiles.  If this is true, best not save him for last.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

Clearly not because otherwise how would you ever kill him when his reduction is 100% :D
    KGB

Stun him, I guess.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards

1) Colossus
    3) iHulkoye
    4) Kitty/R4G
    5) Prof X
    6) Onslaught
    7) Ronan
    8) Kitty/Knull
    9) Thorpocalypse
    10) Okoye

I just realised that beginning from Wanda, every 5* has some sort of cd mechanism:

Ignoring the defensive tactics, Knull/Ronan/Odin/ could be funny. You have to keep track of so many cds and decide which one to prioritise. Worst of all, they keep coming back even after you match them. When Ronan gets his repeaters on board, you are going to have more trouble. Odin's fortification got to fortify any of the cds or repeater tiles. 
    To add to KGB if he jumps in front and there are no Fortified tiles he does not reduce damage.  This is why I mentioned before just move him back each turn do 6K match damage and watch him die.  Mirror matches will be painful, but defensively he will not be great.  Offensively he can be more useful if you can get out enough fortified tiles right away.  Also I don’t know if an AOE will  trigger his jump in front mechanic, but I could be wrong on that.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Odin has 83k  health at level 450. He is bulky enough for to take some hits.
    To deal 6000 damage and just move him back would mean a lot of AP used or making extra moves.
    If he is paired with SW then calculations would be pretty messed, and this team will be really strong defensively.
    In any miscalculation he will be there fortifying tiles, and that means soon he will be healing a lot and spamming hard strike tiles.
    You can try to kill him first, that will mean strong delay thanks to the fortified tiles, you can kill him the last trying to avoid him being in front, better to save a lot of AP for him.
    No, his Achilles heel is a stunner revival.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    wymtime said:

1) Colossus
    3) iHulkoye
    4) Kitty/R4G
    5) Prof X
    6) Onslaught
    7) Ronan
    8) Kitty/Knull
    9) Thorpocalypse
    10) Okoye

To add to KGB if he jumps in front and there are no Fortified tiles he does not reduce damage.  This is why I mentioned before just move him back each turn do 6K match damage and watch him die.  Mirror matches will be painful, but defensively he will not be great.  Offensively he can be more useful if you can get out enough fortified tiles right away.  Also I don’t know if an AOE will  trigger his jump in front mechanic, but I could be wrong on that.
    How many teams can hit for 6k multiple times? The first 6 to bring to front, the second to create fortified tiles? Just BRB and Apocalypse? Or do some Okoye combos do it too?

If he were a 4* Juggernaut, Polaris, and Grocket might have a bit of trouble against him. Possibly. Maybe they will anyways if he is fully covered and under leveled 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polaris and SW passives can activate his jump, and then moving him back. 
    However in the current pvp state, any buffed 5* just matching can activate his jump and then he would be in front unchained.
  • HoundofShadow
    That's a really great counter when dealing with AI Odin. In 5* land, there are only a couple of 5* that can really help him with fortification. The quest for good defensive Odin team continues...  :D 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    What will he do if Yellowjacket is invisible? I wonder if there is some pick-3 team that can exploit Lizard’s self refortifying repeaters or if he’s too squishy?
  • wymtime
    wymtime said:

1) Colossus
    3) iHulkoye
    4) Kitty/R4G
    5) Prof X
    6) Onslaught
    7) Ronan
    8) Kitty/Knull
    9) Thorpocalypse
    10) Okoye

How many teams can hit for 6k multiple times? The first 6 to bring to front, the second to create fortified tiles? Just BRB and Apocalypse? Or do some Okoye combos do it too?

If he were a 4* Juggernaut, Polaris, and Grocket might have a bit of trouble against him. Possibly. Maybe they will anyways if he is fully covered and under leveled 
    You whittle him down with match damage then 1 shot him.  With buffed 5* you let him jump in front take the 6k hit then move him to the back.  If you use Apoc you will only need to get him down to the lowest level health which should not take too long.  

If you are using SW Odin might jump in front on mystical feedback, move him in back and hit hit again with buffed 5* or colossus match damage.  
  • wymtime
    Bad said:
    Polaris and SW passives can activate his jump, and then moving him back. 
    However in the current pvp state, any buffed 5* just matching can activate his jump and then he would be in front unchained.
    The second match in a cascade probably won’t trigger his passive since subsequent matches do less damage.