***** Odin (All-Father) *****

Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited September 2021 in Character Details
2021-07-20--NC-Odin-all-sizes1200x628-Fbpng
Odin (All-Father)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes

"Odin Borson is the King of Asgard and the most powerful of the Norse Gods. With the power of the mystical "Odinforce", he rules over the Nine Realms protecting them from all cosmic threats."
(Abilities listed at level 255, followed by 450)
20893 Health / 83979 Health
 227 | 202 | 177 | 25 | 27 | 29 | 112 | 3.5x
 909 | 808 | 708 | 98 | 107 | 116 | 450 | 3.5x

Protector of the Nine Realms -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Commanding all the strength of the Odinforce, Odin bellows "I bid thee, halt!" If an enemy would deal at least 1441 damage, Odin jumps to the front, reducing that damage by 10% for each color of Fortified tile on the board. If Odin was already in front, he then Fortifies 2 random basic or friendly special tile(s). (Max level enemy dealing at least 5792 damage causes Odin to jump to the front)
  • Level 2: If Odin is in the front, he Fortifies 3 tiles.
  • Level 3: Reduces damage by 12% for each color of Fortified tile.
  • Level 4: Reduces damage by 15% for each color of Fortified tile.
  • Level 5: Reduces damage by 20% for each color of Fortified tile.
The Spear of Heaven - 7  AP
Odin channels his power through Gungnir, the Spear of Heaven, rending his enemies with its strength. Choose a basic tile. Deal 1717 damage, and that tile becomes a 2-turn Repeater tile that destroys 2 AP in the enemy's largest AP pool (including Team-Up). (Max level 6901 damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 1889 damage. (Max level 7591 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 2060 damage. (Max level 8281 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 2404 damage. (Max level 9661 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 2472 damage. Repeater tiles destroys 3 AP. (Max level 9937 damage)
Odin's Blessing -  PASSIVE
(PASSIVE) Odin bestows a boon of Odinforce unto his allies, granting them extra power. At the start of the turn, if there are at least 4 colors of Fortified tiles on the board, create a 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that each turn grants a burst of 420 health to the lowest health ally. When it expires, it creates a random Fortified Strike tile of strength 124. Other allies gain 2 levels in all powers (to a max of 5) for each of these tiles on the board. (Max level 1688 health, strength 496)
  • Level 2: Countdown tile grants a burst of 508 health each turn. (Max level 2042 health)
  • Level 3: Countdown tile creates a Strike tile of strength 157. (Max level strength 630)
  • Level 4: Creates a Countdown tile if there are at least 3 colors of Fortified tiles.
  • Level 5: Countdown tile grants a burst of 592 health each turn and creates a Strike tile of strength 170. (Max level 2380 health, strength 680)

Release Schedule

Store Offerings

Almighty Odin Cover Store - July 29-Aug 8

• Chance to get Odin (All-Father). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Odin Borson Limited Vault - Aug 5-10

• 40 Items

• 1x Gods and Ends Legendary Store Token

• 1x 4-Star Lizard (Classic) cover

• 3x Random 3-Star covers

• 6x Heroic tokens

• 4x 2500 Iso

• 6x 1000 Iso

• 5x 500 Iso

• 14x Two stars

Gods and Ends Legendary Store - Aug 5-10

• 15% chance to get Odin (All-Father), Doctor Doom (God Emperor), Thanos (The Mad Titan)

• Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Release Debut:

Lost In Time - July 29-Aug 2

• Odin (All-Father) in placement rewards

Introducing… Odin - July 29-Aug5

Featured Event:

Webbed Wonder - Aug 1-6

• Odin (All-Father) as a progression reward

Versus Tournaments:

KRAKADOOM! (Ragnarok (Dark Avengers)) - July 29-Aug 2

• Odin (All-Father) shards as a placement reward

All-Father Knows Best - Aug 1-4

• Rewards tokens to the Almighty Odin cover store

Comments

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Bruh i feel like this has to be Odin, his powers compliment Heimdall well, and only his red overlaps, so you can choose which red to use.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Another defense character . Heals , drains AP including TU, minimizes damage , and protects with Jump in Front ( we are all a huge fan of that power, now it’s a 5* using it).
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    I'm leaning more towards Odin, too. I am all for more teammates for Heimdall. Unfortunately, I broke my hoard for Wanda, Knull, and Colossus so I have nothing for this one.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    This guy is going to need a partner who can bring some serious DPS to the table because he's purely defensive, even more so than Colossus and SW are.  Maybe red at 5 covers will do more damage than "low?"

I'm not sure if there's anyplace in the meta for him currently.  He does seem like a pain to fight, at least.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’m digging this kit. Cant wait fir the numbers. 

Fortify 3 tiles if he’s in front? I hope he fortifies his team’s specials before he goes random. 

Also, that blue passive….. I don’t think there’s a cap on that? So each turn, if you have 3/4 fortified colors on the field, you create a blue CD? Hmmmm…..

I never really understood how/if adding levels effect champed 5*s or lvl 370 4*s, though. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another 5* added to Team Defensive. When I see fortification, Shuri comes to my mind automatically. Heimdall is the second one.

That red destroys coloured aps and teamup ap as well.

His blue turns all your 1/1/1 characters into 5/5/5 build, which can be nice. 

3/5/5 for me as of now.

Ap denial + team healing = pain
    You can throw Yelena in for more efficient ap control. Add in Wanda or Colossus to stack up your defense. GED could be there to cover black power and add some extra team healing with his yellow power. Iceman or even Mr Sinister can be an alternative to stack up your defense.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021

I never really understood how/if adding levels effect champed 5*s or lvl 370 4*s, though. 
    He's not adding character levels (as in taking a L368 to L370). He's turning 3 and 4 cover powers into 5 cover powers like Black Bolts Yellow does.
    KGB
    P.S. Yellow/Red/Blue color set is the same as 3* Visions. Could be 5* White Vision.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    I'm thinking Ancient One.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    The stream revealed it. Peggy Carter Captain Britain from what if.
    edit: just a new costume
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    axmoss said:
    I'm thinking Ancient One.
    Was my first guess as well after seeing more information. 
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Hope its Odin 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2021
    Vision would be cool because he can help to fortify Wanda's repeater and cd tiles, if he prioritises friendly special tiles first. And it will create a couple team.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Another 5* added to Team Defensive. When I see fortification, Shuri comes to my mind automatically. Heimdall is the second one.

That red destroys coloured aps and teamup ap as well.

His blue turns all your 1/1/1 characters into 5/5/5 build, which can be nice. 

3/5/5 for me as of now.

Ap denial + team healing = pain
    You can throw Yelena in for more efficient ap control. Add in Wanda or Colossus to stack up your defense. GED could be there to cover black power and add some extra team healing with his yellow power. Iceman or even Mr Sinister can be an alternative to stack up your defense.
    Not quite. They only add two levels, so 1/1/1 goes to 3/3/3.

Looks like they will be particularly good for those of us with lots of underleveled 5*.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like a potent counter to colossus if the damage trigger is low enough and the % reduction high enough. 
  • HoundofShadow
    It says "Other allies gain 2 levels in all powers (to a max of 5) for each of these tiles on the board."

If you have 3 or 4 Fortified tiles on the board every turn, it will create a 3-turn blue cd that heals your lowest health ally at the start of each turn. So, there will be a max of 3 such cds on the board unless you can increase their turns. if you have 2 cds on the board, it will increase other allies' powers to 5/5/5.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    This might finally be the Heimdall Buddy we’ve been waiting for. Heimdall swipes hard on that red if you have enough fortifications in play, so people who are adding them passively are always nice. Tentatively hype.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I’m trying to figure out who would have jump in front behavior; wasn’t super thematic to white vision in my opinion. Could be 5* White Wolf (post-Winter Soldier) maybe? Play style is mega different from 4* Bucky, but that kind of feels like how he played on Flaptain and Winter Soldier.
  • UnsmashableTim
    UnsmashableTim Posts: 81 Match Maker
    The clue implies it's someone young. I was initially thinking Valeria Richards or moon girl but strange to have so much health for a kid
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,802 Chairperson of the Boards
    This might finally be the Heimdall Buddy we’ve been waiting for. Heimdall swipes hard on that red if you have enough fortifications in play, so people who are adding them passively are always nice. Tentatively hype.
    The problem with this guy + Heimdall is, who's gonna do damage?  At some point you've got to kill the enemy team, and the only damage power you have is Heimdall's red.

I'm not sure who can do enough damage to overcome this guy's zero in pick-2.  In pick-3 he'd be an annoying 3rd to a lot of the premier big damage teams (pick-3 is garbage).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    With a full spread of fortifications, a level 457 Heimdall can do ~48,000 damage on his red, which can be fired off very cheaply if you also have Shuri in play in pick 3. I’m sure y’all are right, but I’ll give it a shot.