What's New MPQ (July 26, 2021)

Options

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, why couldn’t they do the boss event last weekend when I had it off. Lol. Jk. Appreciate the events 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bubba3210 said:
    “ 7/22 - 7/26 Galactus Hungers (BOSS) *NEW*
    • Featuring: Kingpin (Wilson Fisk), Storm (Mohawk), Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    • Placement Rewards: Lizard, Daredevil (Man Without Fear), Black Widow (Original)”
    How does a boss event have placement rewards? It looks like a copy/paste gone wrong.
    What are the progression and alliance rewards for clearing rounds?
    Featuring = Essential = Personal Progression rewards.

Placement = Alliance Progression.

Generally speaking.
  • RGV123
    RGV123 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Ego was very very old and not too wise.  Also, he is one of the few remaining characters from the Guardians films not to have a mpq character.
    Grandmaster or the Collector could also work.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it's Ego, I hope he comes with that Mustang II Cobra as one of his powers. Such a perfect car choice

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    7/25 - 7/30 Cosmic Chaos *NEW*

Are we really having a 5-day Cosmic Chaos event that overlaps the Boss event?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 953 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's normal for a 4-day event to follow a boss event.  (It looks like 5-days because of the multiple time slots)
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's normal for a 4-day event to follow a boss event.  (It looks like 5-days because of the multiple time slots)
    They’ve been following a set pattern so the weekend PvE should be Lost in Time 3 days 
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    5-Star Clue: Wisdom doesn't always come with age...

Interesting. This could be interpreted in many ways making it a good clue if you don't want it to be obvious. I think it will be one of the following:

Odin  (received wisdom from Yggdrasill)
    Moon Girl  (born with genius intellect)
    Valeria Richards  (born with genius intellect)
    Forge  (gained intelligence when his mutant powers kicked in)

Someone mentioned White Vision, but I'm not completely sold on that one. We'll see.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When it comes to doing something stupid in old age Nick Fury senior assassinating the Watcher ranks pretty high.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,946 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Akoni said:
    5-Star Clue: Wisdom doesn't always come with age...

Moon Girl  (born with genius intellect)
    Valeria Richards  (born with genius intellect)
    Forge  (gained intelligence when his mutant powers kicked in)

Someone mentioned White Vision, but I'm not completely sold on that one. We'll see.
    The problem with these 3 guesses is that they have intelligence, not wisdom (experience and judgement).
    From this clue, it sounds like whomever it is either has lived a long time and lacks Wisdom OR is someone who hasn't lived long and yet has Wisdom. A White Vision would make sense since he could be 'born' with Wisdom via memories/downloading etc.
    KGB

• Akoni
    Options
    Good point, however, I would argue that White Vision is created with knowledge and, therefore, does not have experience or wisdom unless you count programmed memories as such. With a clue like this, we may not be able to agree on a single character. 

I do think we can all agree that whoever it is, we hope they make a bigger impact than... um... Who was that character? Oh, yeah! Ronin.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A Vision character would make sense, after all, he was born yesterday. Plus he would feed Witch 5. 
  • Akoni
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I'm all for a Wanda feeder. Of course, this is a 5* so it can't be a Wanda feeder.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Stupid boosted Thanos. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope it’s a cool character; I’m not at all interested in a white vision personally.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm confused on Lost in Time rewarding Electro shards in placement. Should be Odin, shouldn't it? Same with Webbed Wonder progression rewards. Should be rewarding Odin shards.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's just copy and paste error. If you are here long enough, you know that it happens quite often. 
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Of unknown provenance 

Doop?
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Calling it now "of unknown provenance", 4*  US Agent  

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,552 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    US Agent advertises his origin on his chest. Not sure how that fits.
    ETA: I see where you got it. Unknown soldier. Ok.