What's New MPQ (July 26, 2021)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,044 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    PvE Gwen Prix is back. It's been a while.

Yes noticed that too but can't remember what the reward structure was as it has been a while. Anyway, a nice extra.
    Two nodes open per day. You get to choose one each day.
    Four (maybe five?) days total.
    Last day you get to pick between two 4* covers.

That is pretty nice and yes, now I am remembering. Thanks!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Are they boosting Profx and Onslaught on the 15th? Looks like I skip PvP that week 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    5-Star Clue: Wisdom doesn't always come with age...

I like this clue. It's a very obvious reference if you know the right bit of info, but doesn't give it away otherwise. (and since it's MPQ, it's entirely possible I'm completely wrong in who I think it references, and also possible that I'm right, but for the wrong reasons).
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I'm guessing Pete Wisdom, based on his name and connection to Kitty Pryde, or Moon Girl, based on her young age and high intelligence.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are they boosting Profx and Onslaught on the 15th? Looks like I skip PvP that week 
    Gonna be a bloodbath. Looking forward to it.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:

I like this clue. It's a very obvious reference if you know the right bit of info, but doesn't give it away otherwise. (and since it's MPQ, it's entirely possible I'm completely wrong in who I think it references, and also possible that I'm right, but for the wrong reasons).
    So from what you are saying, it could either be a young, highly intelligent character, or an old timer who is dumb as rocks?

Im not really sure for either option, but vision (white costume or otherwise) could potentially fit the bill, as a reference to his line to ultron about only being “born yesterday”
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be hot if it was Krakoa. I just did a search for marvel characters with lowest intelligence and he was there. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Krakoa_(Earth-616)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    JHawkInc said:

So from what you are saying, it could either be a young, highly intelligent character, or an old timer who is dumb as rocks?

Im not really sure for either option, but vision (white costume or otherwise) could potentially fit the bill, as a reference to his line to ultron about only being “born yesterday”
    Well, neither. It's a reference to the adage "With age comes wisdom," (the general idea that one gets wiser as they get older, simply due to increased experience), and the clue is saying there are other ways to acquire wisdom.

It's less about the age of the character, and more about being able to acquire wisdom in an unusual fashion. Someone like Vision (who could literally just download new information) would fit the bill, even if it's referring to the Wandavision version.
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2021
    I like the speculation so far.  Vision would make sense.

my first thought reading the clue was Beyonder.  But he doesn’t fit, because true, he was a huge idiot, but I think almost new born like a big baby.
    and anyways, he would make more sense as a boss event.

I hope it’s Vision.  Hopefully soon we get Zemo too. 

Edit: woah, I went poking through the announcement forum, just trying to see some of the clues for the oldest characters in game… and I came across this
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/29606/upcoming-change-to-moonstones-control-shift#latest

apparently Moonstone’s black used to cost 17AP and it stole enemy countdowns.  That was before my time for sure.  
    I do wish they would keep the original clues on the character discussion page even after they’ve been released.  It’s hard looking them all up.  
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    5* DD is boosted again. Not that I'm complaining though. I knew it was a good idea to roster that DD cover  :D
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Edit: woah, I went poking through the announcement forum, just trying to see some of the clues for the oldest characters in game… and I came across this
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/29606/upcoming-change-to-moonstones-control-shift#latest

apparently Moonstone’s black used to cost 17AP and it stole enemy countdowns.  That was before my time for sure. 
    One time she stole my 4* Wolverine's Recovery countdown, matched it, and it downed my Wolverine.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Surely that was designed by whoever gave 1ron Man that 19ap blue power
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surely that was designed by whoever gave 1ron Man that 19ap blue power
    I just looked at that. You would think that "the world's greatest engineer" could design a more efficient power for himself.
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Why is Iron Man 5/5/5 in the Crash of the Titans?
  • Anon
    NMANOZ1 said:
    Why is Iron Man 5/5/5 in the Crash of the Titans?
    He needs it to defend himself against Carol.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 162 Tile Toppler
    Wisdom doesn't always come with age... Please be Odin please please please 
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Possibly refers to a character who is wise but very young, any teen geniuses come to mind ?
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Not sure if this is a new thing, but when I click on a node in Welcome to Shield, I can't see the levels of the enemy team because it's IMMEDIATELY covered by a banner saying that I've met the requirements to fight.

Pretty sure it wasn't always like that.  Please fire whoever's in charge of the game's visuals.  Out of a cannon.  Into the sun.
  • Anon
    Possibly refers to a character who is wise but very young, any teen geniuses come to mind ?
    Could also be a dumb geezer!
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
     7/22 - 7/26 Galactus Hungers (BOSS) *NEW*
    • Featuring: Kingpin (Wilson Fisk), Storm (Mohawk), Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    • Placement Rewards: Lizard, Daredevil (Man Without Fear), Black Widow (Original)”
    How does a boss event have placement rewards? It looks like a copy/paste gone wrong.
    What are the progression and alliance rewards for clearing rounds?