What's New MPQ (July 26, 2021)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Widow's movie has finally been released. So, they are doing it again. The next 4* will be released on 15 July. So, it's not related to the new 4*.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Could we have Red Guardian instead of Quicksilver in pvp on the 11th? Would stay with the movie theme. Then Red Hulk/Thunderbolt Ross after that. Lines up nicely, don't ya think? Really just want to see 3*s go away. They are even less useful in this age of boosted 5s.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MackDan1 said:
    Could we have Red Guardian instead of Quicksilver in pvp on the 11th? Would stay with the movie theme. Then Red Hulk/Thunderbolt Ross after that. Lines up nicely, don't ya think? Really just want to see 3*s go away. They are even less useful in this age of boosted 5s.
    Wouldn't mind a Taskmaster PvP either.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quicksilver is one of the few 3*s who can affect 5* play turning TU frozen.
    Another one could be loki.
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Batroc? Isn't he classed as a pirate as well as a mercenary? 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Taskmaster pvp will be sweet too. He has a revolving stun (Billy Club) and two-enemy stuns (Skull Cracker and Do as Peggy Say).
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnifex said:
    Batroc? Isn't he classed as a pirate as well as a mercenary? 

There is a line in Cap America 2 along this path spoken about him - something about him being a "French Pirate" and the joke is no he isn't, he is Algerian
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Two 5* covers are the in Star and Stripe vault. Total cost to clear all vault is 14,100. It looks good.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Two 5* covers are the in Star and Stripe vault. Total cost to clear all vault is 14,100. It looks good.
    Sadly one of them is for Civil War Cap who is useless. If only it was LumberCap.
    Still, I opened 2 10 packs and got 1 of the 250 shards for each which means Cap is up to 12 covers (whatever) and Hawkeye is up to 8. I also got quite a few 4* covers and a duplicate Carol Corp support.
    Hoping the special puzzle event in a few days awards some more tokens to the vault.
    KGB
    P.S. Forgot to mention that when they gave 400 shards of Peggy the other day on her 5 year anniversary it made me realize how long ago she was released (and how long I've been playing). I was just entering 4* land then and she was one of the early 4* that were part of the 'latest 12' that let me fully cover her, Carol, Medusa etc and move into 4* land. Now, 5 years later with that free cover I have her at L335 so I've gotten 78 covers for her in 5 years time or ~15 a year so it's about 2 more years to max champ her!
  • 67IronMan
    67IronMan Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is the Stars and Stripes vault a one-off or a repeater? I haven't been in the game long enough to recognize all the repeaters. Trying to make a hoard vs redeem decision. Not even sure where I got credit for one token for that vault, which makes me think it's a one-time promo.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Assuming its a late 4th July celebration vault? So I'd guess in a year's time
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    67IronMan said:
    Is the Stars and Stripes vault a one-off or a repeater? I haven't been in the game long enough to recognize all the repeaters. Trying to make a hoard vs redeem decision. Not even sure where I got credit for one token for that vault, which makes me think it's a one-time promo.

It's a one-off vault. They gave everyone a free token to the vault which is how you got yours. Maybe you clicked past the message of them giving it out. I just got my token and message about it a couple hours ago. Whenever you get the free token like that it's a limited one-off vault.
    KGB
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Taskmaster pvp will be sweet too. He has a revolving stun (Billy Club) and two-enemy stuns (Skull Cracker and Do as Peggy Say).
    You mean Taskmaster PvE? Aka Operation Silk?
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    No, PvP. They ran it once or twice last year.
  • MackDan1
    MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Very helpful.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    PvE Gwen Prix is back. It's been a while.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    5 star Pete Wisdom? 5 star the Ancient One?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes noticed that too but can't remember what the reward structure was as it has been a while. Anyway, a nice extra.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Yes noticed that too but can't remember what the reward structure was as it has been a while. Anyway, a nice extra.
    Two nodes open per day. You get to choose one each day.
    Four (maybe five?) days total.
    Last day you get to pick between two 4* covers.