Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    hothie said:
    Been playing for 8 months, and I've had a number of good things happen to me over the past few days.

A few days ago I champed my last 3*, so that I have all of them champed now. That was one of my goals over the past few months.

Then this morning I finished 1st in my Negasonic group. I haven't finished first in any event yet, so that was nice.

Then today I re-champed my 2* Wolverine, with a few saved covers. One of the saved covers got me a 3* Wolverine cover. So then I went to my 3* Wolverine and added that cover, and that gave me a 4* Wolverine cover. So effectively I turned a 2* cover into a 4* cover. Thought that was amusing.
    With the right level of 4*-Wolvie you could have turned a 2*-cover into a 5*-cover!
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    True, but I'm currently building up my 4* roster, so my Wolvie isn't quite there yet. Maybe later!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Really stoked for Mantis so I made some LL pulls from the hoard to try and get Knull.  I'm super close to 300 pulls so I didn't want to spend too many and had the best luck I've ever had with LLs.  

6 pulls got me 

2 Switch (now 1/1/1) and 1 Knull for a 50% pull rate!
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    hothie said:
    Been playing for 8 months, and I've had a number of good things happen to me over the past few days.

A few days ago I champed my last 3*, so that I have all of them champed now. That was one of my goals over the past few months.

Then this morning I finished 1st in my Negasonic group. I haven't finished first in any event yet, so that was nice.

Then today I re-champed my 2* Wolverine, with a few saved covers. One of the saved covers got me a 3* Wolverine cover. So then I went to my 3* Wolverine and added that cover, and that gave me a 4* Wolverine cover. So effectively I turned a 2* cover into a 4* cover. Thought that was amusing.
    I just turned my 3* Hawkeye into Kate Bishop which turned into a 5* Hawkeye. Your luck is apparently contagious. Keep it going.
  • Akoni
    I beat a well champed Colossu5 with a 3* Falcon and Karolina Dean. My Wiccan went down pretty quick, but I was able to take out 2 enemies leaving the biggest enemy, Colossus. I fired off Falcon's purple along with Karolina's yellow to spam protects. I commenced with as many yellow matches as possible so Falcon could boost the shields. Colossus was down to dealing 1 damage with every match and power. Kept flooding the field with protects and sending Karolina airborne to convert protects to strike tiles to end the game.

I've never been big on Karolina Dean, but I might change my mind once she's leveled up quite a bit more. We'll see.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    I beat a well champed Colossu5 with a 3* Falcon and Karolina Dean. My Wiccan went down pretty quick, but I was able to take out 2 enemies leaving the biggest enemy, Colossus.
    Interesting...I usually try to take out Colossus first, so his damage reduction goes away.  Granted, I'm usually facing two other 5-stars with him, so your milegae may vary.

Is it generally better to take Colossus out first, or save him until last?
  • Akoni
    Since his health is decently high, I find that if I try to take out Colossus first, the other two end up finishing me off before I get very far. Colossus doesn't have any fireable powers that are a serious threat so I don't mind leaving him until last. He's basically just a really big tank with a small cannon. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akoni said:
    Since his health is decently high, I find that if I try to take out Colossus first, the other two end up finishing me off before I get very far. Colossus doesn't have any fireable powers that are a serious threat so I don't mind leaving him until last. He's basically just a really big tank with a small cannon. 
    His black is pretty solid. I lucked out earlier in pvp and got a board where a third of it was black, so I grabbed up as much black as I could and then went to town on everyone.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking of Colossus, he's the featured 5-star in the latest event.  Using Colossus/America Chavez/Hood, I managed to get a critical tile from Chavez that was placed to give me a match-5 in blue.  Colossus did about 87K damage with that shot, which is at least twice as much as I've ever seen from a match before.
  • Akoni
    I jumped into the Iron Man lightning round to earn a few points for reality stone season. Started off horrible by accidentally double-tapping the go button and entered with a max champed 3* Iron Man, 1* Juggernaut, and 1* Storm. The enemy team was a champed Iron Man, a 2 cover 5* Spiderman, and a champed Psylocke. I instantly thought "RETREAT!", but figured I'd only lose a couple of 1s so I played it out just to see what would happen. I denied as much yellow as possible and fired off Iron Man's yellow. The enemy Iron Man also fired yellow and was stunned. I fired Storm's green to get as much AP as possible. Iron Man came out of stun surprised to see Storm and Jugg still alive. Fired Iron Man's yellow again, then his red to take out Spidey. Fired it again to take out Psy. Storm went down. Jugg tried to hold his own and got the enemy Iron Man below 200 health, but eventually fell just before my Iron Man woke up again. Blue match-3 for the win. 
  • hothie
    Massive chain of events led to a great ending!

Venom Bomb ended, which gave me many things, including covers and tokens. Nothing special to note, but the covers did give me the XP I needed to level up my SHIELD ranking.

Leveling up then gave me the iso I needed to champ my Valkyrie.

Champing Valkyrie with 1 saved cover gave me a LL token.

Had my son open the LL token, and he pulled a Colossus yellow! I have him, but only in blue, so having yellow and blue in him is very nice for me. :)

Good morning so far. :)
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Akoni said:
    I jumped into the Iron Man lightning round to earn a few points for reality stone season. Started off horrible by accidentally double-tapping the go button and entered with a max champed 3* Iron Man, 1* Juggernaut, and 1* Storm. The enemy team was a champed Iron Man, a 2 cover 5* Spiderman, and a champed Psylocke. I instantly thought "RETREAT!", but figured I'd only lose a couple of 1s so I played it out just to see what would happen. I denied as much yellow as possible and fired off Iron Man's yellow. The enemy Iron Man also fired yellow and was stunned. I fired Storm's green to get as much AP as possible. Iron Man came out of stun surprised to see Storm and Jugg still alive. Fired Iron Man's yellow again, then his red to take out Spidey. Fired it again to take out Psy. Storm went down. Jugg tried to hold his own and got the enemy Iron Man below 200 health, but eventually fell just before my Iron Man woke up again. Blue match-3 for the win. 
    Lightning Rounds don't count toward season totals.

Nice job on the surprise win, though.
  • Akoni
    Yeah, I realized Lightening Rounds didn't count after that match.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have had some good luck in my pulls so that I have got Scarlet Witch to twelve covers and only need 80+ shards to champ her, so very pleased. Once Collosus rotates I can then seriously consider hoarding for a while as I will not be able to finish him and I am not too fond of Ronan. Things also alligned so I got Monica to 4/4/4 and so the progression cover from Ultron will finish her too meaning I can shift sharding to Lizard ahead of expected.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    'but how will I take out boosted Thor who has 90k health?'
    Ghost rider with 20 black ap steps up... Never mind, better luck next time Thor

• hothie
    edited June 2021
    I got a 2* Storm cover. Upgrading her gave me a Heroic token.

Token gave me a 2* Daken cover. Upgrading him gave me a Heroic token.

Token gave me a 2* Bullseye cover. Upgrading him gave me a Heroic token.

Token gave me a 2* Human Torch cover. Upgrading him gave me a, you guessed it,  Heroic Token. (By this time I'm laughing out loud.)

Token gave me a 2* Black Widow cover. Upgrading her gave me...iso.

BUT, opening those cover packs gave me the last Daily milestone I needed to get to 6. And with my 3 Spicy Vault tokens I pulled a Nico Minoru! Yay!!
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 711 Critical Contributor
    Defeat meta team of BRB/Polaris in Mitique PVP with Championed 5*Wasp and underleved Proff X. XD
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 straight pulls.

Knull, Colossus, Scarlet Witch.
  • Akoni
    Anon said:
    3 straight pulls.

Knull, Colossus, Scarlet Witch.
    Stop hogging all the luck!