**** Lizard (Classic) ****

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe you are reading a different set of powers then I am?  What is "a lot pf passives damages and stuns"?  Unless I am reading incorrectly (which is possible), his only passive comes when he takes damage.  Everything else is triggered via AP.

Green - Needs 7 AP
    Black - Needs 7 AP but has passive if Lizard takes damage (passive helps the Lizard)
    Pink - Needs 7 AP

Where's the passive that does a lot of damages and stuns?  Polaris has passives.  Dark Beast has passives.  Morbius has passives.  Lizard has nothing.  As a 5* player I don't see ever using him unless required.
    If you read it, although they are active powers passive damage adds.
    For his green, AoE plus 2 possible extra hits. 
    For his purple, each repeater climbing up.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    Will he feed anyone? Maybe Mister Sinister because they both are associated with the word Sinister? I know it’s weak…
    Knull and lizard are both spider villains,  but if they didn't have Monica feed Wanda with such an obvious link I don't have hope that they will see this one. 
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Given that Mister Sinister is the oldest 5-Star character that has no 4-Star feeder it seems quite probable that Lizard will feed him.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    Will he feed anyone? Maybe Mister Sinister because they both are associated with the word Sinister? I know it’s weak…
    Knull and lizard are both spider villains,  but if they didn't have Monica feed Wanda with such an obvious link I don't have hope that they will see this one. 

I feel like we could still get a 4* White Vision, so perhaps Wanda is being saved for that. There is decent amount of precedent for characters being released far after the movie/event they were in has been and gone (Hela, Killmonger, Yellowjacket).
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    Maybe you are reading a different set of powers then I am?  What is "a lot pf passives damages and stuns"?  Unless I am reading incorrectly (which is possible), his only passive comes when he takes damage.  Everything else is triggered via AP.

Green - Needs 7 AP
    Black - Needs 7 AP but has passive if Lizard takes damage (passive helps the Lizard)
    Pink - Needs 7 AP

Where's the passive that does a lot of damages and stuns?  Polaris has passives.  Dark Beast has passives.  Morbius has passives.  Lizard has nothing.  As a 5* player I don't see ever using him unless required.
    If you read it, although they are active powers passive damage adds.
    For his green, AoE plus 2 possible extra hits. 
    For his purple, each repeater climbing up.

Won't a 4* Juggernaut/R4G/GotG team (let alone an iHulkoye team) shut down his stun on first turn of their go? Green needs either careful board management or a character who can create the conditions for the extra damage (so I guess like Namor for extra blue). Purple - I dunno, I guess the re-fortification is pretty nice, you have to hit it twice in one go either through two matches or more likely a line clear then a match but I'm not sure that carries him on his own?
  • Bad
    DAZ0273 said:
    Im not saying he will be good on pvp. But on pve, on a team not using blue he can be funny to play and he can have his role.
    No, on pvp there are the handful of 4*s working there, perhaps the last one was morbius.
    But on pve sometimes I have some fun using others 4*s and they work: apocalypse onslaught and bloodstone/monica/coulson are funny. Apocalypse brb and D beast is quite funny too.
    This lizard could be another one still it is needed to see if his repeaters make a difference. 
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Im not saying he will be good on pvp. But on pve, on a team not using blue he can be funny to play and he can have his role.
    No, on pvp there are the handful of 4*s working there, perhaps the last one was morbius.
    But on pve sometimes I have some fun using others 4*s and they work: apocalypse onslaught and bloodstone/monica/coulson are funny. Apocalypse brb and D beast is quite funny too.
    This lizard could be another one still it is needed to see if his repeaters make a difference. 

I guess I should play around with the new 4's a bit more. Morbius isn't done yet so he is a work in progress but the last 4 I really liked was Scorpion in terms of having fun to play.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I just wanna say I really appreciate how much faster the animation for his repeaters are. Can we have this applied across the board for all characters, especially enemy goon animations?

Maybe have it as an option in settings.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Initial play through. The moving repeaters are much faster than Monica’s, so the thought of them forming a meta defensive team died before it could be realized. Hopefully Monica’s gets faster as well. As mentioned above they also refortify on your turn when matched, which promises to be good for C4ge and Shuri (and Heimdall I would guess). You can potentially benefit from both the blue and red modifiers to his green as well. So he is a good situational character I think and should be fun to play in some scenarios. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like his art and animations. I'm wondering if there might not be some kind of Heimdall synergy, maybe in pick-3 with that auto-refortification, at least for funsies.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    His repeaters are fast and do self-fortify. What a surprise!

Watching those repeaters move up reminds me of house lizards climbing up the wall.  When they climb to the ceiling, they simpy disappear into some cracks, just like how these repeaters remove themselves when they reach the top.

And his Green power actually gainz 2x extra damage when you can fulfill both criteria. I thought it was an either/or  condition.

The queen of fortification got to be Shuri. They could be fun together.
  • Bad
    Luckily devs are reading feedback, those repeaters are fast like rockets. Now there is no excuse to update all swapping tiles, and even develop a swapping meta.
    About lizard he is an interesting character waiting for add sinergies. 
    Heimdall uses red and blue, and lizard diesnt likes that, plus these repeaters are random although the 1 AP color reduction will apply.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Lizard is not a feeder.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am really not impressed with Lizard.  I am thinking whatever covers I get to 13 will be the way I keep him.  No reason to use him other than when essential and for champ rewards 
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
      No reason to use him other than when essential and for champ rewards 
    This applies to more than 90% of the 4* tier, sadly.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    So at the end of each node in a wave fight, Lizard's R-Complex repeater tiles disappear.  I tried it twice in the event with Iron Spidey and *gack* Emma Frost, and both times they vanished after all of the Subjects were killed.  Is this supposed to happen?
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    He's actually much better and faster than I thought when reading the preview.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    So at the end of each node in a wave fight, Lizard's R-Complex repeater tiles disappear.  I tried it twice in the event with Iron Spidey and *gack* Emma Frost, and both times they vanished after all of the Subjects were killed.  Is this supposed to happen?
    I noticed this too, I had to look to make sure they weren’t tied to a character. I think it’s a glitch based on no active opponents at the end of the round but have no way to be sure. The tiles stay fortified though but no repeaters.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's a bug related to wave nodes. I remember my Thanos's CD getting removed after clearing the current wave.  And there were still 3 turns left on the CD.
  • Bad
    Lizard is way better than expected. His 2 powers are handy.
    And his repeaters are great in the way that they have high possibilities to mach something, either climbing or converting blue to red.
    Plus can be used as fortified tiles with Heimdall shuri or misty. Pretty versatile and funny to play.