**** Lizard (Classic) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited June 2021 in Character Details
2021-04-17-NC-Lizard-all-sizes1200x628-Fbpng
Lizard (Classic)
4-Star Rarity 
Affiliations: Villains, Sinister Six

"To help the injured, Dr. Curtis Connors invented a serum based on the reptilian ability to regrow limbs. When he tried the formula on himself, he discovered an unintended side effect: transformation into the savage, mammal-hating Lizard!" 
(Abilities listed at level 70, followed by 270)
4223 Health / 15642 Health
 8 | 9 | 10 | 33 | 42 | 37 | 23 | 3.0x
 11 | 12 | 13 | 65 | 85 | 74 | 43 | 3.0x

Ectothermic -  AP
Even cold blood can run hot in the right environment. Deals 249 damage to the enemy team. If there are 8 or fewer Blue tiles on the board, deal an extra 292 damage to a random enemy. If there are at least 10 Red tiles on the board, deal an extra 292 damage to a random enemy. (Max level 484 damage to enemy team, 570 bonus damage)
  • Level 2: Deals 349 damage to the enemy team and deals 392 extra random damage. (Max level 678 damage to enemy team, 765 bonus damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 448 damage to the enemy team, deals extra damage if there are 9 or fewer Blue tiles, deals extra damage if there are at least 9 red tiles. (Max level 871 damage to enemy team)
  • Level 4: Deals 647 damage to the enemy team, deals 422 extra damage if there are 10 or fewer Blue tiles and if there at least 8 Red tiles. (Max level 1258 damage to enemy team, 823 bonus damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1046 damage to the enemy team, deals 557 extra damage if there are 11 or fewer Blue tiles and if there at least 7 Red tiles. (Max level 2033 damage to enemy team, 1088 bonus damage)
Tail Whip - 7  AP
Lizard lashes his powerful tail at his foe. Deals 93 damage and stuns the target for 1 turn. (Max level 180 damage)
(PASSIVE) Lizard sheds his tail in dire circumstances. When Lizard would take more than 792 damage, reduce that damage by 102 and create a 2-turn Countdown tile that restores 84 health to Lizard each turn. While this Countdown tile is on the board, Lizard cannot trigger Tail Whip or create another Tail Whip tile. (Max level 1542 min damage, reduces 199 damage, restores 164 health)
  • Level 2: Deals 216 damage. Shedding tail reduces 131 damage and restores 127 health each turn. (Max level 419 damage, reduces 256 damage, restores 248 health)
  • Level 3: Deals 373 damage. Shedding tail reduces 169 damage and restores 163 health each turn. (Max level 723 damage, reduces 329 damage, restores 318 health)
  • Level 4: Stuns for 2 turns. Shedding tail reduces 244 damage and restores 236 health each turn. (Max level reduces 475 damage, restores 460 health)
  • Level 5: Deals 649 damage and stuns for 3 turns. Shedding tail reduces 341 damage and restores 422 health each turn. (Max level 1257 damage, reduces 665 damage, restores 824 health)
R-Complex - 7  AP
Lizard activates aggressive responses in the brainstems of the nearby reptiles. Convert up to 2 basic tiles in the bottom row to 1-turn Fortified Repeater tiles, each of which fortifies itself, swaps 1 space up, and converts any swapped Blue tile to Red. When one of these Repeater tiles reaches the top row, it removes itself and its fortification and deals 232 damage. For each of these repeater tiles on the board, Lizard takes 6% less damage. (Max level 451 damage)
  • Level 2: Repeater tiles deal 863 damage. (Max level 1678 damage)
  • Level 3: Converts 3 basic tiles to Repeater tiles.
  • Level 4: Repeater tiles deal 2040 damage. (Max level 3965 damage)
  • Level 5: Converts 4 basic tiles to Repeater tiles that deal 2921 damage. (Max level 5679 damage)

Release Schedule

Release Events:

Story

Introducing... Lizard - May 20-27

• Rewards Iso-8 and a Heroic Token

• Lizard (Classic) Shards in Progression rewards

Infinite Pursuit - May 20-25

• Rewards tokens to the Infinite Pursuit Cover Pack

• Lizard (Classic) in Placement rewards

Lost in Time - May 24-28

• Lizard (Classic) Shards in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - May 23-28

• Lizard (Classic) shards in Mission rewards

• Rewards tokens to the Lizard & Foes vault

Versus

KRAKADOOM! - May 20-24

• Lizard (Classic) in Placement rewards

Tip the Scales - May 23-26

• May 23, 2021, 08:00 – May 26, 2021, 15:00

• Rewards tokens to the Lizard & Foes vault

Offers

Lizard & Foes - May 23-29

• 80 Item Vault

• 3x 4-Stars

• 1x Random Lizard (Classic) cover

• 1x Shuri (Master Engineer) cover

• 1x Random 4-Star cover

• 7x Tokens

• 1x Legendary token

• 1x Mighty Token

• 2x Heroic Tokens

• 3x Beginner Support tokens

• 6x Iso-8

• 1x 5,000 Iso-8

• 2x 2,500 Iso-8

• 3x 1,000 Iso-8

• 15x 3-Stars

• 3x Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) cover

• 12x Random 3-Star covers

• 49x 2-Stars

• 10x Moonstone (Dark Avengers) cover

• 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks kind of fun. Kind of a mix between 5witch and Monica, though I’m not really a fan of the reverse Monica repeaters. Hopefully they don’t act one at a time.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I know who it is, but I'm not sure if it's wishful thinking (this is a character I've been requesting for some six years of playing this game!), or if I'm actually guessing it right.

What I think gives it away, villain with a team affiliation, the focus on red/blue (I think this is meant as a mild counter towards the hero this villain normally fights, kinda like the way Hela punishes teams for gathering green, and Thor naturally farms green for himself), and then the black power, that's a specific type of healing, and I think I can see how it thematically represents this character (because this character has been one of my favorites since I was a little kid, I think is the only reason I jumped to make the connection, which doubles back to making me unsure if this is wishful thinking, or me interpreting the clues correctly because I like the character). Oh, and the normal clue we are given fits a typical plot with this villain.

Ooo boy this will be a fun time waiting for the reveal.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    Just what we need, another character creating repeaters that slowly swap up the board. Monica is already slow with just 1 repeater swapping down. Imagine this character creating 3-4 of them that each take as long as 1 of hers to swap. Phones will be going to sleep. :'(
    Swapping speed needs to be addressed and they all need to swap at once.
    KGB
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    A black stun is kind of cool especially tied with what I hope is true healing.  Could be neat.  Agree with KGB about the repeaters though, if it is as slow as Monica's I am going to have a hard time using this character outside of when it is required.    
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip said:
    A black stun is kind of cool especially tied with what I hope is true healing.  Could be neat.  Agree with KGB about the repeaters though, if it is as slow as Monica's I am going to have a hard time using this character outside of when it is required.    
    Well, at least it isn't a passive power like Monica's which was trying to put my Thor over 50% all the time in pve. I'd rather see a power that you can choose to give one of your chosen teammates a burst of health or choose an enemy character to give damage to.
  • Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    I'll say, disappointed a bit because I hoped we would get Stryfe so we had a new feeder....

But this is for certain Lizard. The heal gives it away and the first ability is literally along the lines of trying to keep himself in check as he fights himself. Similar to how 3 star Hulk plays. Love Lizard so still super excited for him.  
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Member of the Sinister six that deals with genetics, that’s how I read the clue.  There’s not many SS missing at this point, so I’m really hoping it is who I think it is.  But yeah, countdowns moving up a board that naturally falls down...set that power to 3
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    That purple power got to be frustrating to play against. Can you imagine doing a last minute burst in PvP and his repeaters slow down your attack power?   :D Each repeater takes about 1.5 to 2 seconds to resolve. 

Overall, I like his abilities. 5/5/3 for offensive style or 3/5/5 for defensive style. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has sinister pawns helping him with his clones? That purple seems a clone like sinister. I dont see those repeaters slowing the game because they dont move.
    He has cheap powers, possible AoE, stun and damage reduction. Seems like a must.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2021
    They move up each turn. If there are 4, it's an extra 6 to 8 seconds per turn.
  • bobbyfm
    bobbyfm Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    So you are working on a new character instead of working on fixing the bug which some of us Android players experience and we can't play at all because of it?
  • Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    If they are ever gonna use AIM or Sentinels in a PVE,
    god help us. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bad said:
    Has sinister pawns helping him with his clones? That purple seems a clone like sinister. I dont see those repeaters slowing the game because they dont move.
    He has cheap powers, possible AoE, stun and damage reduction. Seems like a must.
    So, with that I'll guess Jackal, creator of the whole clone wars saga...
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any character that utilizes the repeater tile swap mechanic is an instant pass from me.

It slows down the game too much.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    The animation of those moving special tiles should be activated to on/off in the tile physics menu. That way they could develop a moving tiles meta without messing game speed.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    So...5/5/0 for offence, 3/5/5 for defense.... Because no one will want to sit through multiple repeaters moving up the board every turn and he'll be skipped immediately.
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2021
    Just what we were missing, a stun power that nerfs itself into not being able to fire it.

Easter egg: when Monica's repeater tile moving down hits this guy's repeater tile moving up, it activates speed hack for 24 hours! 😂
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm seeing a lot of "low damage" in the descriptions and it's making me weary.

I hope it's another Dark Beast where the damage isn't important to the overall effect of the character.