New In R219: Recruit Page UI Revamp

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't hate it.  It's different and will take getting used to, but that's true of most things.

What I think requires immediate attention is a delineation between buttons that have active tokens available versus those that do not.

Yes, there is the round silver number in the upper right, but IMHO, the entire button should be shaded silver, with maybe the number of tokens continuing with a dark background and light numbering for ease of viewing.

My eyes slide right over the buttons the way they are now.  But maybe that's just me.  

It's especially difficult with the vaults, where the token buttons/numbers are even smaller.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I take it you're new around here? Steam is the zero'th priority... Android/iOS have had a UI component for viewing totals of Strike/Attack/Protect tiles for each team for years... And there are still no plans to give the same to Steam players. But I send in a ticket every once in a while requesting that we get the same. (Lot of good it does.)

I guess I'm blind. Where is this UI element located?
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Please do something to the background colors of the button if you have tokens for it, the small count number is very hard to notice.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2021
    Rhipf said:
    If you're on Android or iOS, click on any *single* tile, and it will show the tile's match damage/details/etc. as well as the totals for S/A/P tiles for each team. It's been a feature for as long as I've been exposed to the phone version, but Steam has yet to get that [or a similar] QoL.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Rhipf said:
    If you're on Android or iOS, click on any *single* tile, and it will show the tile's match damage/details/etc. as well as the totals for S/A/P tiles for each team. It's been a feature for as long as I've been exposed to the phone version, but Steam has yet to get that [or a similar] QoL.

Thanks. I probably saw that before but just kind of forget it was there.
    I had also thought you meant that there was a total of how many S/A/P tiles there were on the board but I see that it is a total of the damage or protection they provide.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    pheregas said:
    I don't hate it.  It's different and will take getting used to, but that's true of most things.

What I think requires immediate attention is a delineation between buttons that have active tokens available versus those that do not.

Yes, there is the round silver number in the upper right, but IMHO, the entire button should be shaded silver, with maybe the number of tokens continuing with a dark background and light numbering for ease of viewing.

My eyes slide right over the buttons the way they are now.  But maybe that's just me.  

It's especially difficult with the vaults, where the token buttons/numbers are even smaller.
    Completely agree.  I'd also like to see the menu open up to heroic tokens like it used to.  We already have a button in the top right that takes us directly to the offers page.

Also, put up that Okoye deal asap.  I need Okoye to start tanking red for Thor because apparently Thor is a piece of glass that needs a regular mortal with no powers to protect him.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shout out to the unsung hero that fixed the steal speed on Moonstone’s Black to be instantaneous finally in this update. Noticed it in DDQ today.
  • Tedfords
    Tedfords Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I don't mind the redesign. Change is hard. But the colors.....everything blends. It's is so difficult to see where the unopened tokens are. It would be one thing if hitting the subtitles (legendary, heroic, etc.) would take you directly to the unopened token but it doesn't. The color selection makes the update look terrible and unusable. 
  • Tedfords
    Tedfords Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    pheregas said:

I think your eyes slide over because the colors are all incredibly similar and muted. It's the biggest blunder of the redesign. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also with the muted colors, they changed the color for each token.  
    Heroic was gold, now blue
    Mighty was blue, now gold
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been a few days to adjust...

But im liking it now.  I find the buttons to be ways to "surf" through the options, at a similar speed to what it was before.

There are times when its faster (i.e. switching to vaults from heroics), and times when its not.  However, i get the change, and look forward to new tweaks as time goes on.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something about the monochrome vaporwave color scheme has completely deterred me from browsing the stores. I'm confident that is the reverse of the intended behavior, but right now I'm just like "ugh, where are my tokens? which one of these do I have, these indications are small..."

I'm sure I'll adjust.
    That is a pretty spot on description of how I feel. Not a huge QOL deterrent for me, but absolutely not an improvement either. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    jredd said:
    cool. as an added bonus, classic legends tokens coming too?
    I'm not sure what the purpose of such a token would be. If you're getting CP, you have the choice already. If you're getting tokens, the devs are never going to choose Classic over Latest, because they want you chasing new characters.

Classic tokens are less flexible than CP rewards, and less valuable than Latest tokens, so why would anyone want them in the first place?
    cause the only way i'll ever pull classics is if they start throwing tokens into reward structures. (now, i realize they'd goof it up and take something away in order to put them in, so we don't need to go there. hypothetically though, if they just toss 'em in there here-n-there, who's going to complain about getting the odd classic 5* now and again. you?) 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    JHawkInc said:
    jredd said:
    I'm not sure what the purpose of such a token would be. If you're getting CP, you have the choice already. If you're getting tokens, the devs are never going to choose Classic over Latest, because they want you chasing new characters.

Classic tokens are less flexible than CP rewards, and less valuable than Latest tokens, so why would anyone want them in the first place?
    cause the only way i'll ever pull classics is if they start throwing tokens into reward structures. (now, i realize they'd goof it up and take something away in order to put them in, so we don't need to go there. hypothetically though, if they just toss 'em in there here-n-there, who's going to complain about getting the odd classic 5* now and again. you?) 
    Literally everyone is going to complain because they could just put 20CP there instead and let the players choose if they use it on a Classic token or not. Creating a classic token is creating an explicitly inferior reward.

You say it yourself, you're never going to pull them anyways. Do you really want them to start forcing you to use something you're choosing to never use in the first place?
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    jredd said:
    JHawkInc said:
    jredd said:

Literally everyone is going to complain because they could just put 20CP there instead and let the players choose if they use it on a Classic token or not. Creating a classic token is creating an explicitly inferior reward.

You say it yourself, you're never going to pull them anyways. Do you really want them to start forcing you to use something you're choosing to never use in the first place?
    While I agree 20 CP (or arguably an even smaller amount) would be a more desirable reward than a Classic Legends token I'd not complain if tokens showed up in a brand new reward structure such as when Milestones were introduced (i.e. where it was purely additive), or if they replaced an inferior reward as a small buff where going with more CP or a Latest Legends was seen as too good by the developers.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2021
    If they put Classic tokens, we'll see history repeats itself. Here's what happened in 2016:

"With the introduction of Classic Legends packs, we heard that players wanted greater flexibility in what Legendary packs they were able to redeem. Starting in the next few days, we will be changing rewards from Legendary Tokens to Command Points in a few areas. Here are the details:
      - Starting in Jet Set Go, the 1300 point progression reward in Versus Events will be replaced with 25 Command Points. - Starting in Season 24, The 10,000 point progression reward for Seasons will be replaced with 25 Command Points. - Starting in the Venom: Heroic Event, the last progression reward of Story Events will be 25 Command Points."

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/39282/legendary-packs-rewards-change-to-offer-flexibility

The only difference is that it involved LT back then.

• LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

We just want to take a minute here and thank everyone for the feedback about the Recruit Page UI. As many of you are aware, in the last few months we’ve made a number of changes to the overall look and functions of the game in efforts to improve the experience for all players. This last change to revamp the Recruit Page UI was the latest element for us to address.

We appreciate all the feedback as we update different sections of the game. Based on your comments, we've made notes on items we would like to address in a future update.

We are currently in the process of other updates to the overall game so we don’t have an exact timeline, but we want to assure you that we are working on them and will provide an update when we have more info to share.

As always, thanks for all the feedback and for playing MPQ!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    I just come  here to read how much players always hate whatever the devs do but still play and spend money , I am rarely disappointed. I thank you all 

You do know what the point of having an official forum for a game is, right? No? Ok, I'll help you out. The devs give us an update for part of the game and then we can give our feedback. If they do something we like, like Milestones, then we shower them with well-deserved endless praise and then they report to the dev team that the community really loves Milestones. If they make the game more difficult to navigate like with this ui revamp for opening tokens then we give them our feedback on that as well and then they can go back to the team and say "Hey, maybe we should work on the ui a bit more because people on the forum are having a difficult time using it." 
    Then I apologize, because previous to this EVERY forum I belonged to existed for one reason , to share experiences with associates to make their lives or jobs better or easier.  I’ve never been in a forum where the only purpose was to complain about the incompetence of management or the foolishness of corporate decisions. Occasionally there would be someone stupid enough to actually document criticism of a supervisor on a forum but they obviously had an occupational death wish and stopped showing up for work soon after. Those of us with basic common sense knew better than to think we knew more than the founders of the company so our exchanges were limited to positive ideas and gratefulness for employment.
    If you need further evidence on how this whole “feedback thing” works, please see the comment above.

Thanks LakeStone! I look forward to these future updates. You all have been doing an amazing job continuing to revamp, when it would be so easy to just ride this thing out as is. Very grateful for your hard work!