New In R219: Recruit Page UI Revamp

Options

Comments

• wolfknight34
    wolfknight34 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like the new layout, 
    but the yellow boxes have got to go.
    I like how they are currently displayed.
  • iamxzo
    iamxzo Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    I like the layout but I dont like the fact that it opens at 250 cp buy
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Smooth scrolling down- nice action

I would opaque/closed door the vaults: with the aperture open and the main background visible some of the individual covers in the individual vaults get I don’t know the right word; but “blended” out? Whereas if there was silver backdrop behind where your eyes focus the contrast would help.

I would like more of a demarcation between the individual vaults/offers/recruitments 
    I don’t think dead-space is the answer but maybe just a shadowed bar in a bright but contrasting color scheme from the buttons?

Brighten and enlarge the titles, center orient for the tokens

Wow that creamsicle button and purple/pink cost bar combo is bright! Fun! 
    Love the larger head shots on recruitment!!

I had an issue where until I closed the tab it kept showing I had Heroics to claim after opening them all.

Having Classic and Latests at the bottom seems out of place; why not keep the standard-heroic-lt-ct-shops that expire order? It would actually improve UI if I didn’t have to go past options that are not relevant. I suggest some kind of feature that keeps a shop that expires within 2hrs at the top and glowey

Keep up the good work! The extra effort shows; I am finding myself coming back and playing more as it is easier to get to the good stuff! 
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Borstock said:
    I usually end up needing some healthpacks so I can climb to 1200 in one-shot. I think the most Taco tokens I ever saved up was only around 70. Good for you that you have that kind of discipline. Mine begins and ends with LT pulls. That's all the hoarding I can stomach.
    I used to burn through health packs, but now thanks to 1) having 2 max champs of every 3*, 2) levelling up my Okoye, and 3) using Yellow boosts every match (makes firing Okoye's heal easier), I almost never run out. iHulk hurts me the most, as no matter what he seems to always make matches due to cascades so he needs to be topped off every couple of battles. Obviously I'm targeting grills and seals mostly as Hoko on Hoko violence just leads to health pack addiction (plus the occasional blue donation), and I'll only go after meta teams if they're worth beaucoup points. I can normally climb to at least 1200 without running out. Lately the scores in S1 PvP have gotten so inflated I've even got to just below 1400 without shielding and without having to restock health packs.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    This is going to take some getting used to.
    Definitely this.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My biggest gripe is that the vaults (like Deadpools) are now only 2 lines deep instead of 4. So it takes twice as long to scroll left/right to see everything in the vault and you only see half as much detail when you are doing a hoard pull and want to see if you have nabbed all the best rewards.
    I really wish the vaults would be 4 deep like they were before even if they are different size vertically than non vaults.
    KGB
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ugh said:
    Terrible change, just a confusing mess.  Any way to go back the old version?
    I don't like it either the old version was perfect. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    This is awful on steam, lose alot of visibility. Please, make it go away.
    P.S. I miss the artwork from the old events and character releases.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The scrolling is bad, please restore the feature to allow us to go one page at a time.    This will cause unnecessary burden on your customer support staff.   I expect tickets for refunds due to accidental clicking to rise in the coming weeks.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The scrolling is bad, please restore the feature to allow us to go one page at a time.    This will cause unnecessary burden on your customer support staff.   I expect tickets for refunds due to accidental clicking to rise in the coming weeks.
    I've already heard one report of someone opening normal tokens, opening the last of that type, having the store page scroll automatically, and then accidentally opening a Legendary token by mistake.

KGB said:
    My biggest gripe is that the vaults (like Deadpools) are now only 2 lines deep instead of 4. So it takes twice as long to scroll left/right to see everything in the vault and you only see half as much detail when you are doing a hoard pull and want to see if you have nabbed all the best rewards.
    I really wish the vaults would be 4 deep like they were before even if they are different size vertically than non vaults.
    KGB
    Well, at least most of the stuff to the right is the same old 2* covers most people don't care about anyways. You're right that it's not great for trying to dig through and cherry pick rewards, but I think for most vaults it won't be a big deal.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugly, annoying and more confusing.

I see no upside to this.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    mbaren said:
    I realize that this is a game primarily made for mobile devices and Steam is perhaps not always the #1 consideration when it comes to UI, but as a Steam player I find navigating the new system much more awkward now.  Perhaps some of that is just that I need to get used to it, but as others have mentioned some of the coloring is awkward, the number indicators could be bigger, and in fact enlarging virtually everything as much as is reasonable would be good.  Also, if you could put in something that allows Steam players to skip between up-and-down sections with a keyboard shortcut - Page Up and Down, or just arrows, or something else - that would be amazing.
    I take it you're new around here? Steam is the zero'th priority... Android/iOS have had a UI component for viewing totals of Strike/Attack/Protect tiles for each team for years... And there are still no plans to give the same to Steam players. But I send in a ticket every once in a while requesting that we get the same. (Lot of good it does.)
  • lvsmr2
    lvsmr2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I absolutely hate it.

Feels like the same UI change where at times I forget to change my team-up and boosts and waste my boosts. I can see myself accidentally selecting the wrong token or making a mistake. 
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just come  here to read how much players always hate whatever the devs do but still play and spend money , I am rarely disappointed. I thank you all