New In R219: Recruit Page UI Revamp

Options

Comments

• supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like parts of it, but you clearly see the lack of love for UI/UX details (just look at the icons for the support tokens). It‘s just like the battle screen UI revamp.

This is their one an final throw. Don‘t expect anything to change. Take it or leave it, no use in giving feedback.

/grumpyoldgarv
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2021
    Options
    oof.

Some parts of this look good. but the general feel is - it's really not user friendly.

For example, the heroic tokens (y'know, the MOST COMMON ONE'S WE ALWAYS GET?) now take 3 clicks all over the screen to open, compared to one. Instead, the Heroes of hire page (y'know, the ONE WHERE WE CAN USE REAL MONEY TO BUY??) is front and centre.

I get the game needs money to survive - I get that. but it's disappointing that's taking FRONT SEAT, over actual usability.

if, instead of opening on the hero for hire, and just opening on the heroic page (y'know, like it used to), this would be a fairly positive change.

EDIT: oh, also, the Numbers in the corner that show how may tokens you have is too small, and not very clear to read.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The UI is mostly logical. For example, under the Offers tab, it's arranged according to offers that are expiring first.

For Vaults, the top three are:
    1. Current event vault
    2. DDQ vault
    3. Spicy Vault
    4. All other post-events 

Now, the number of rows in vault has been reduced from 4 to 2. I'm neutral to that because I rarely scroll through vaults and most of the top stuff can be found without scrolling.

For Recruits, it's arranged according to:
    1) Current PvP HP store
    2) New 5* HP store
    3) Heroic
    4) Standard
    5) Elite
    6) Supports
    7) Latest Legends
    8) Classic Legends

* I don't have Mighty Tokens nor Tokens from post-event store now, so I don't know how it looks like for other players. 

Hitting Limited will bring you back to the top of the page, and the rest like "Heroic" and "Legendary" are straightforward.

As for the choice of colours, the combination of orange and magenta for the button against the purplish background is a little challenging to get used to. As for showing the number of tokens we have, using silver background against orange background from the button doesn't seem to match. I wonder if it's too late to change the colour from orange/magenta to other colour combinations. Something that is not too bright?

It does take some time to get used to but if you can break down how things are arranged, it will be easier and faster to use the UI in the future.
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Everything in the new store UI is more cumbersome and prone to error than the old interface.  Even the Heroes for Hire store is a mess to go through and reduces the odds that I will buy anything from it as a result.  Don't get me started on token redemption.
    The only useful thing here are the shortcut buttons for "Recruit", "Offers" and "Vaults".
    Just bring back the old UI, add those shortcuts, and use the trippy new color scheme rather than the old one if you want to make it look "modern".
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The new change has potential.

I don't quite understand why the legendary tokens are listed under both the "heroic" and "legendary" tabs? It would make more sense if the legendary tokens were only under the legendary tab. I'm worried about opening them when I don't want to.

I also agree with the consensus here:

1) I would prefer if the screen defaulted to the heroic tokens

2) The numbers which show the number of tokens you have to open need to be bigger and more clear
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It's because you don't have Standard/Elite/Mighty/Support Tokens. If you have them, Heroics and Latests won't look like they are appearing in the same tab. Those four token type will be in between them.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just come  here to read how much players always hate whatever the devs do but still play and spend money , I am rarely disappointed. I thank you all 

You do know what the point of having an official forum for a game is, right? No? Ok, I'll help you out. The devs give us an update for part of the game and then we can give our feedback. If they do something we like, like Milestones, then we shower them with well-deserved endless praise and then they report to the dev team that the community really loves Milestones. If they make the game more difficult to navigate like with this ui revamp for opening tokens then we give them our feedback on that as well and then they can go back to the team and say "Hey, maybe we should work on the ui a bit more because people on the forum are having a difficult time using it." 
  • Xair
    Xair Posts: 77 Match Maker
    edited January 2021
    Options
    as a steam user here is my critic:
    1. looks worse than before. (colors are pale and faded, too much pink)
    2. i used to be able to open tokens with my keyboard space bar, now i can't which makes it much more difficult to open a lot of tokens fast.
    3. navigation isn't quicker, which i assume was the point of the patch.

• mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I take it you're new around here? Steam is the zero'th priority... Android/iOS have had a UI component for viewing totals of Strike/Attack/Protect tiles for each team for years... And there are still no plans to give the same to Steam players. But I send in a ticket every once in a while requesting that we get the same. (Lot of good it does.)
    You take it incorrectly, I'm afraid.

• shardwick
    Options
    I have to say that it's growing on me. My initial impression this morning was that you had to scroll past a lot of stuff that you had no interest in and that made it tedious. But I was doing it wrong and starting at Recruit and scrolling down through EVERYTHING instead of tapping on the specific tabs to get to token stores quicker. Since I really only open up standards, heroics and mighty tokens I just tap on the Heroic tab and I'm good to go. Then after that if I want to open up some tokens from the taco vaults I just tap on the Vaults tab. Pretty easy. The yellow/pink color scheme is an odd choice though. Overall I would rate the revamp a 7/10.
  • shardwick
    Options
    The new change has potential.

I don't quite understand why the legendary tokens are listed under both the "heroic" and "legendary" tabs? It would make more sense if the legendary tokens were only under the legendary tab. I'm worried about opening them when I don't want to.

I also agree with the consensus here:

1) I would prefer if the screen defaulted to the heroic tokens

2) The numbers which show the number of tokens you have to open need to be bigger and more clear
    Go to the legendary tab and then scroll up. The store above Latest is Supports and you'll see that the tabs switched from legendary to heroic. And if you start on Limited and scroll all the way down you would end up on the legendary tab when you get to the bottom.

Limited: limited stores
    Heroic: heroic, standard, mighty, supports
    Legendary: latest, classic
  • Michael1957
    Michael1957 Posts: 630 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I just come  here to read how much players always hate whatever the devs do but still play and spend money , I am rarely disappointed. I thank you all 

You do know what the point of having an official forum for a game is, right? No? Ok, I'll help you out. The devs give us an update for part of the game and then we can give our feedback. If they do something we like, like Milestones, then we shower them with well-deserved endless praise and then they report to the dev team that the community really loves Milestones. If they make the game more difficult to navigate like with this ui revamp for opening tokens then we give them our feedback on that as well and then they can go back to the team and say "Hey, maybe we should work on the ui a bit more because people on the forum are having a difficult time using it." 
    Then I apologize, because previous to this EVERY forum I belonged to existed for one reason , to share experiences with associates to make their lives or jobs better or easier.  I’ve never been in a forum where the only purpose was to complain about the incompetence of management or the foolishness of corporate decisions. Occasionally there would be someone stupid enough to actually document criticism of a supervisor on a forum but they obviously had an occupational death wish and stopped showing up for work soon after. Those of us with basic common sense knew better than to think we knew more than the founders of the company so our exchanges were limited to positive ideas and gratefulness for employment.
  • Colicovision
    Colicovision Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Its an eyesore and annoying to navigate. Not an improvement.
  • iamxzo
    iamxzo Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

Now, the number of rows in vault has been reduced from 4 to 2. I'm neutral to that because I rarely scroll through vaults and most of the top stuff can be found without scrolling.

that is very true, people would only care about first few rewards anyway

• HoundofShadow
    Options
    I find the reactions about the 'Offers' tab being the default tab funny. Reactions like how they will accidentally click on the offer and how this is predatory etc.

I imagine this is what happens every time after they clicked " Recruit Heroes":

See offers, get triggered and a tsunami of negative emotions flooded them, causing them to accidentally click on the offers, instead of the "Recruit" tab which is at the far left hand corner.

If you look carefully, the "Recruit" tab and the 250cp offer button is about three fingers width apart on my phone and it's probably two fingers width apart for others. How someone can accidentally click on them is amazing. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iamxzo said:

that is very true, people would only care about first few rewards anyway

It's also a psychological play to show you the most desirable stuff surrounded by a smaller batch of stuff you don't want, which tricks you into thinking you have good odds to get it. A 10 item, 40 item, 80 item, or 250 item vault will all look effectively the same at a glance to you.