New In R219: Recruit Page UI Revamp

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin

Continuing on with our overall UI refresh of the game, we’ve got a revamp coming for another portion in R219; This time we’re revamping the Store/Recruit page. This is planned to be available to everyone a few days after R219 launches and everyone has had a chance to update to the latest and greatest version of the game.

Instead of having separate pages that you need to tap through individually, all the available stores are now in a scrolling list with sub-tabs that will bring you right down to that section of stores. These sub-tabs work just like target links in a web page, meaning you can scroll up or down into the other sections after tapping one (for example, tapping Legendary will bring you to the first Legendary store, but scrolling up will bring you to the last Heroic store). The Unclaimed tab in the above shot is used for expired events that you still have tokens for.

The Offers tab takes over for the old Heroes for Hire tab, which could range from fairly sparse to very cluttered depending on the number of stores that were available. This update makes it much easier to quickly scroll through the available offers and see what’s just arrived, counting down, or ending soon.

Similarly, the Vaults tab shows off the currently available Vaults, just in a bit more compact space so that more available Vaults can be shown. You can scroll left and right within the Vault itself to see the various rewards that are available in them, just as you can do currently.

More UI updates, and more refreshes to the way the game looks and acts are arriving on a pretty good clip recently, and we’re not quite done yet. We hope this update to the Recruit UI makes things a bit easier to get a grip on what’s available and when, as well as making it easier to navigate for all players. Looking forward to getting this in-game and having you all start using it!

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    This looks interesting. And the most interesting thing is that Okoye offer in the HfH tab  B)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool! All that sidescrolling now to be replaced by downscrolling! :wink:
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can I finally open 50 Heroic Tokens at once just like Standards and Elites?

Oooh, yes please, that would be a big addition! I have not been opening my Heroics as I literally didn't have time to get through them all, so they are stacking up!
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I like the colour scheme. Very vapourwave.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks good. Should bring it a little more in line with the shard/HP/Iso store and new roster screens as a newer UI, less button stabbing to get from one page to another, you can quick-flick to scroll, but there are shortcuts so you don't have to scroll from one end to the other (no more going to open a Standard token from DDQ, and having to hit "left" a dozen times because the page opens on the DDQ vault and it's on the opposite end from Standards).

It's not an earth-shattering improvement, but it IS an improvement, and these things have got to happen at some point, you know? So it's a welcome change all the same.
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I actually prefer pressing the directional buttons to scroll through the stores / vaults because
    a) It's faster to hit the same place multiple times than to press and drag repeatedly
    b) Sometimes my attempted press-and-drag actions to scroll register as a click instead - this will be a nuisance if it brings up a character sheet by "clicking" on a cover in a vault, and worse if an attempted scroll action registers as a click on a purchase button.  Guess I'll have to try to always make the initial press on a "dead" area of the page.

But I know, plain and functional is so 20th century.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kwahder said:
    I like the colour scheme. Very vapourwave.
    Needs a bit more jazz cup swoosh, but I’m here for it
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    b) Sometimes my attempted press-and-drag actions to scroll register as a click instead - this will be a nuisance if it brings up a character sheet by "clicking" on a cover in a vault, and worse if an attempted scroll action registers as a click on a purchase button.  Guess I'll have to try to always make the initial press on a "dead" area of the page.

Cynically speaking, this may be an intended consequence. 

I still would love a return to the one-click cover application after collecting rewards. If you open a bunch of tokens, it’s pretty cumbersome to 2-click out of the character you were applying covers to to do the next one. I’m indifferent to this change in theory, we’ll see how it feels in implementation.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't see a quick-claim there. Would be super-duper to have quick-claim for 1/10/40 screens like we do with mighty/standards - it takes forever to click through ten single heroics
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    SnowcaTT said:
    I don't see a quick-claim there. Would be super-duper to have quick-claim for 1/10/40 screens like we do with mighty/standards - it takes forever to click through ten single heroics
    I suspect this may be a legacy result of Heroics giving different bonus hero odds if you buy a multi-pack. So aggregating singles into a 10 or 40 may cause problems there. Is that even still a thing with shards though?
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2021
    Could you maybe increase the „99+“ to triple^W quadruple digits?

You know many hoard a few hundred LTs, right? ;)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    supergarv said:

Case in point: as of this morning, I have 1001 Savory Taco Tokens.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    supergarv said:

1001 Savory Taco Tokens makes me think of the opening to Snowpiercer episodes.  (Season 1)  Man, I wish Season 2 would hit HBO-Max soon.

Whoops.  Derailed this conversation.

<rimshot>
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    helix72 said:
    supergarv said:

Waiting for them to put 5* covers/shards in the vault? Seems excessive.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Borstock said:
    helix72 said:
    supergarv said:

Waiting for them to put 5* covers/shards in the vault? Seems excessive.

I have no reason to draw them other than when there's a 4* cover I want in there. Because there are so many 4*s now (107) and there are only a handful that I want covers for either because I use them every day (e.g. Rocket) or because they are a feeder for a 5* I want (e.g. Scorpion), there are only 22 I care about and I haven't seen any of those 22 in the Savory vault for a while. On the other hand, I have seen several in the Sweet vault, thus the reason I only have 195 tokens there, and in the Spicy vault, thus only 168 tokens there.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards
    I usually end up needing some healthpacks so I can climb to 1200 in one-shot. I think the most Taco tokens I ever saved up was only around 70. Good for you that you have that kind of discipline. Mine begins and ends with LT pulls. That's all the hoarding I can stomach.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    cool. as an added bonus, classic legends tokens coming too?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    cool. as an added bonus, classic legends tokens coming too?
    I'm not sure what the purpose of such a token would be. If you're getting CP, you have the choice already. If you're getting tokens, the devs are never going to choose Classic over Latest, because they want you chasing new characters.

Classic tokens are less flexible than CP rewards, and less valuable than Latest tokens, so why would anyone want them in the first place?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a number of players like the dev to force them to do things, like use characters they won't use or rarely use. Likewise, they are highly unlikely to open Classic with their CP, so the dev can force them to open Classic Tokens by giving them Classic Tokens.  :p