Taco Vault: Spicy?

Comments

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    pheregas said:
    Loosie said:
    What are the chances that we can get Spicypool tokens and 3pool points to reset accumulation at a certain time each day? Most of us that are trying to maximize these are already using them at set points (ddq, I assume) but we don't always play those at the same time. It'd be a simple bit of QoL to standardize the daily reset and wouldn't give anyone any sort of edge to do so.
    This is what I'm trying to figure out. I usually play DDQ in the morning. Yesterday I got the token when I played...today I didn't. So I waited about an hour or two and used him again and got it this time. So it seems I may have missed out on one yesterday somehow.
    An ally-mate of mine said the reset is every 25 hours.  Seems designed to make sure you only get the token every other day, unless you change your use time.  As I play DDQ about the same time every day, I guess I'll miss it every other day.

And then it's all thrown out the window when he's 5E.

That'd be a right pain in the rear... I should be able to check the 24 hour cycle today during regular play, will note the time it triggers and try to track it over a couple days for consistency. A 25hr cycle is just cruel and unusual.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Timemachinego said:

That'd be a right pain in the rear... I should be able to check the 24 hour cycle today during regular play, will note the time it triggers and try to track it over a couple days for consistency. A 25hr cycle is just cruel and unusual.

Probably not 24 hours, I've got to sleep so I'll let it run through and try to have a better measure tomorrow. I should be on the same schedule for a couple days then.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Timemachinego said:

Probably not 24 hours, I've got to sleep so I'll let it run through and try to have a better measure tomorrow. I should be on the same schedule for a couple days then.
    I purposefully did DDQ about 5 minutes later than yesterday.  No Spicy Token for 5DP use.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey... did we ever determine if the 4* cover in the Spicy vault is random or not?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    right now I have Hulkbuster Red @PiMacleod, who do you have?
  • PiMacleod
    edited November 2020
    right now I have Hulkbuster Red @PiMacleod, who do you have?
    Starlord Red.  Confirmation!  Yay!  Thanks for playing along, @ThaRoadWarrior

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Winter Soldier.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Elsa Bloodstone. So I guess it's indeed random.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 4* Prof X yesterday. My vault tokens are stacking quite nicely, the only real issue is that most of my boosts are maxed out so when I do pull I am expecting a bunch of useless/wasted ones. Even playing the daily quests wont be able to plunge them down low enough to battle bad RNG.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use America Chavez more often with +2 boost.  :neutral:
  • DAZ0273
    Use America Chavez more often with +2 boost.  :neutral:

I like AC a lot but she doesn't real fit on any of my PvE clearing teams. I guess I could find her a slot in DDQ next to 5 & 3 DP.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are you still in 4* land? I think Karnak/Juggernaut and AC in PvPs will help you use up the ap boost quickly.
  • DAZ0273
    Are you still in 4* land? I think Karnak/Juggernaut and AC in PvPs will help you use up the ap boost quickly.

I am in 4* land in name only with 4 fully covered 5* ready to champ and two of them Meta.
  • PiMacleod
    For boosts, I generally do 1 of 2 things (or sometimes both, depending on following things)

1)  During the Challenge Node (or Crash of the Titans, if available), I'll use a damage booster.

2)  If it's a challenge node that the winfinite BRB/Polaris/green-meanie can't get through reliably, then I'm using Hawkeye/Coulson/Gamora again, which means its generally easier to use +AP boosters to make the stun engine faster.

This is helping me burn through them a little, and honestly, it speeds up at least one match of them per day.  And once in a while, we still earn +all AP and +damage boosts, so it's not like they don't come back any other way.

In the end, I expect to be wasting boosts when I pull from this Spicy Vault, but I'm trying to mitigate it a bit.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    I've finally found a use for the retired boosts. Weird that are marked retired, but I can still use them.
  • PiMacleod
    I'm holding mine as dusty/moldy relics of the past.  :tongue:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2020
    Same; nobody can see them but I keep them anyway
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone verified the timing for 5* DP's spicy taco refresh? I seem to get a spicy taco about two out of every days I use him. I'm sure some eagle-eyed player has nailed down the timing to an almost exact science, unless there's a degree of randomness to the whole affair. The most common number I see quoted is a 25 hour refresh. I wish they had just made it consistent with the DPD daily refresh. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Would you try doing it after one day and 59 minutes to test the hypothesis?
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited November 2020
    AXP_isme said:
    Would you try doing it after one day and 59 minutes to test the hypothesis?
    I can confirm that using 5*Deadpool 24 hours and 51 minutes after previously using him did not award a spicy token for me.  I do receive a token from using him after 25 hours and a few minutes.

Edit to add:  Haven't tried any times between 24h 51m and 25h yet to see if it's possible to get it a minute or two early.