Taco Vault: Spicy?

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Seems pretty conclusive to me. Thanks very much. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know if you can hoard spicy tokens, or do they wipe when the vault resets? Today I'd thought I was hoarding and then when I earned my three from Quests I was suddenly at 3 again. It's entirely possible that I'd cashed i my tokens in a moment of mindless clicking, but who knows.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know if you can hoard spicy tokens, or do they wipe when the vault resets? Today I'd thought I was hoarding and then when I earned my three from Quests I was suddenly at 3 again. It's entirely possible that I'd cashed i my tokens in a moment of mindless clicking, but who knows.
    I'm currently sitting at 45 spicy tacos, so it does seem possible to hoard. I don't know if there's an upper limit on the amount you can hold. 
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Make sure you do something to trigger a save (change powers on a champion, apply a cover, open a token, fight a match, ...) after you redeem your daily quest rewards.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83911/daily-reward-of-3-spicy-tokens-is-awarded-then-removed

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can definitely hoard Spicy Tokens because I hoarded more than 30 Spicy Tokens.

I heard about the missing Spicy Token bug. I'm not sure whether the bug has been fixed but the workaround, supposedly by the dev, mentioned that after collecting your Spicy tokens, you need to play or win a match before it will register in their server. I'm not sure if checking leaderboard will force an update to the server.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks @PuceMoose @MoosePrime @HoundofShadow !

Glad I wasn't just going crazy, and this makes me like the spicy tokens again. It's a garbage vault if you have to pull every day, but hoarding and only pulling when you see a desirable 4* cover is a nice bonus from time to time.
  • 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2020
    AXP_isme said:
    Would you try doing it after one day and 59 minutes to test the hypothesis?
    I can confirm that using 5*Deadpool 24 hours and 51 minutes after previously using him did not award a spicy token for me.  I do receive a token from using him after 25 hours and a few minutes.

Edit to add:  Haven't tried any times between 24h 51m and 25h yet to see if it's possible to get it a minute or two early.

I just tested on a Spicy 🌶 vault which was 23 h and 38 min.  Played a PVE with 5*DeadPool. No rewards yet.

Now I started at timer of Spicy Vault: 22 h 59 min and (easy PVE node) at 22 h 58 min I received 3 more spice 🌮 tokens.  I think it is safe to say don’t expect rewards if you can’t wait 😁 
  • 111MCH111
    Thanks @PuceMoose @MoosePrime @HoundofShadow !

Glad I wasn't just going crazy, and this makes me like the spicy tokens again. It's a garbage vault if you have to pull every day, but hoarding and only pulling when you see a desirable 4* cover is a nice bonus from time to time. 

After a 38 🌶 🌮 hoard I took the opportunity to make my Iceman lvl 279, one more for 5* cover. Nice 😎
  • 111MCH111
    OJSP said:
    111MCH111 said:
    I just tested on a Spicy 🌶 vault which was 23 h and 38 min.  Played a PVE with 5*DeadPool. No rewards yet
    The timer is not the timer on the Taco: Spicy vault (which is only opened for 23 hours and 50 minutes, the same duration as the "Deadpool's Daily" event itself). To get the Taco token from 5* Deadpool, we need to win a match with 5* Deadpool in the team. Did you get a token within the last 25 hours?
    Yes
    Now I started at timer of Spicy Vault: 22 h 59 min and (easy PVE node) at 22 h 58 min I received 3 more spice 🌮 tokens.  I think it is safe to say don’t expect rewards if you can’t wait 😁 

Lucky coincidence that my DPD and 5* DeadPool are running currently parallel on 🕛 
  • 111MCH111
    UPDATE on previous posts 🌶🌮
    it is possible to earn three spicy tacos by completing the Daily Tasks AND get one taco from fighting with 5*DeadPool. Didn’t realize until today!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This one does make my head scratch. It would be 10 days play for a guaranteed 4* and a token that will just be red iso as the rest of the vault is boosts, so why the 25 hour re-set is beyond me and I can never remember when I played. It delays things for 4 days max - it just seems like such a bizarre roadblock to throw in players paths.
    Or "shut up Daz, free stuff". Yeah, I guess so.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently sitting on 72 spicy tokens as I wait for Shuri or Legion to show up.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had Polaris show up in my Spicy Vault.  11 tokens later she is now at 307 for me.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just had Polaris show up in my Spicy Vault.  11 tokens later she is now at 307 for me.
    That's who I'm waiting for. I'd probably drop some tokens for Juggernaut, too.
  • crakker
    crakker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    This will help greatly with my 4* collection - i have all the characters but only a third is champed. Got three of them in the last four days, history was 6, 10, 32 draws for the 4*.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Finally got to pull in mine. Was waiting for an Icem4n to show up so I could get enough shards for an Icem5n cover.
    18 pulls later, Done and Done. I still have 71 spicy tacos and counting.
    Now I have NO idea who I am waiting for. Guess I better figure that out soon.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got to pull in mine. Was waiting for an Icem4n to show up so I could get enough shards for an Icem5n cover.
    18 pulls later, Done and Done. I still have 71 spicy tacos and counting.
    Now I have NO idea who I am waiting for. Guess I better figure that out soon.
    You can do what I'm doing...?  I save until 80, and pull until I get the support token and 4* cover.  Repeat hoarding until 80.

Why 80?  Because just in case a new 4* cover gets thrown in there all of a sudden that I don't have champed yet... so that I'll still have my hoard to pull for THAT cover too... like Red Guardian or Elsa (both I don't have champed yet).

This is assuming that you even want a support token... I still want them, because there IS that chance that I'd get something I don't have yet.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    I didn't get the support token in my pulls this morning, but I decided not to keep pulling for it. I would have welcomed it if it came, but was not seeking it out. Maybe I'll change my mind knowing it'd be no more than 22 pulls to get it.
    I guess I have the rest of the day to make that choice...
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,763 Chairperson of the Boards
    oh, and side thought... I've been using the rainbow AP/damage boosts a lot more lately, mainly due to this vault.

I mean... if I'm gonna stumble into multiple x2 packs of them due to these pulls... I might as well use them!  Been helping my PvP victories come a bit faster.
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    What does the none colored option do on the secondary part of this power? If I dont have required green/yellow/purple there is a 4th option of just a taco(top left). What does that option do? And wouldn't it be perfect MPQ Deadpool shenanigans if it burned one of your taco tokens?