Taco Vault: Spicy?

Options
Rhipf
Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
Maybe I am just the odd player out on this one but is anyone actually tempted to pull from this vault? I don't see much in there that interests me. I could maybe use the RiSO but even that isn't really worth the HP costs.
Thoughts?

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nope. Not me. I have every boost maxed out (since I almost never use them/forget about them), have almost 1M riso and no more supports to level up, and have 426 health packs. And my 4* cover is Flaptain, who’s already champed, so who cares? I’m disappointed, cause I would have liked a cool vault but this just isn’t it. 😐
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not enough fire in that spice to make me even get close to it.  It's more like the milk vault.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Definitely not their finest vault.  Not worth spending anything on, IMHO.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Agreed to all of the above.  Not a single thing worth it here, IMO. 

I'm not sure where the justification of the prices are either.  When you buy a boost straight up, you get 5 of them for like 200 HP (last time I checked... has that changed?).

This gives, what, 2 of a boost for 145 HP?  I mean, sure you got a chance at a single 4* cover, or RISO... but none of that is worth the price of admission.

IMO, MAYBE, just MAYBE, this vault would be worth it, if you replaced the HP cost with ISO cost (multiplied by 10, maybe?).  I could see spending 1000~2000 ISO a pull to get +2 all AP boosts.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5 Power Boost (+ all match damage by 20% each) cost 100hp. Therefore, 1 Power Boost = 20 HP. There are 24 of them, so it cost 480 HP.

+1 to all ap cost 100hp for 10. So, they cost 240HP.

10 Health packs cost 200 x 2 = 400HP

1 4* cover cost 2500 HP. 

The above cost 3620 HP in total.

So, 2750 red iso-8 and 1 Beginner Token cost 3380HP.  :o

Did I miss out something?

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Did I miss out something?

Nope!

It's a steal!

Where I mean that they steal your HP.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The vault is only open for 1 day, so we might get a new (and better) vault every day during the Anniversary.
  • Ugh
    Ugh Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    it's there to make the anniversary vault look good
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't argue against or for that.

On one hand, ther'e's like 16 4* covers in there, 3 Fan Favorite tokens (which are pretty valuable imo), and some decent HP.

On the other hand, 12 of those 4* covers are limited peeps.  Which means limited usefulness.

I mean, I want the TM ones... I'm one cover away from champing mine...  but I only need the blue.  So, for me to pull from this, I would need to be okay with the fact that most of the covers I get would only go to champ rewards for characters I barely ever use, and I'd be crossing my fingers for a single blue TM cover and possibly those FF tokens.

It's not the best vault, no.  But the sheer AMOUNT of 4* things in there is better than usual, I think.  Although, it IS a 100-item vault, so I guess it's not THAT much better even in that regard.  
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It did make me wonder whether boosts are somehow linked to 5* Deadpool as I don't remember any vault that heavily loaded with them but probably this is just 2020 MPQ...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hopefully putting boosts in a vault is limited to these anni vaults cause (at least to me) those are worse than useless.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    The vault is only open for 1 day, so we might get a new (and better) vault every day during the Anniversary.

OK, so I was wrong, it's the same vault with a different 4* every day (got Magik instead of Blade now).
  • Sithforever
    Sithforever Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Talos.....they should give me HP to take it.
    Bright side is tomorrow will be better. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Talos.....they should give me HP to take it.
    Bright side is tomorrow will be better. 
    All Talos, all the time...
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Mine had Hulkbuster, so less spicy and more crusty old mould covered.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For some reason I expected the Spicy tokens would be earnable from the 7 night event, but I guess not. is anybody spending into that vault at all?
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    If it had a Taskmaster cover I would (or maybe a Ham) - otherwise no thanks.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really have to wonder who decided that Vault was special enough for the anniversary.  One four*, a silver support, lots of RISO, boosts and health packs.  Whee!

Seriously, if we could have earned tokens for this, it might have been fun.  But to spend actually HP on it?  Yikes.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hopefully putting boosts in a vault ends here.