Taco Vault: Spicy?

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I rather earn tokens for Anniversary Vault. Only Beginner Support Token is interesting to me. They could have put one R3 support in there instead. Spending (potentially 7k HP) on this vault seems like a waste to me.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree, garbage vault.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rather lame that they slotted in a spicy token into mpqvdp, yet wouldn't do the same for anniversary tokens in the 3 pves.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Turns out you get spicy tokens from 5* Deadpool. Seems like it's once a day, like 3* DP whale points.
    While cool, what do you think the odds are that Spicy tokens will end before most of us get 5pool?
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No idea. Maybe they leave it there permanently? It'll probably be 2 years before we get conformation if that's how its supposed to work...
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Turns out you get spicy tokens from 5* Deadpool. Seems like it's once a day, like 3* DP whale points.
    That's pretty cool.  I'll have to make him a permanent addition to my dailies in DDQ.  Why turn down free stuff?
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Is this only if you have him? I don't recall getting them from the Introducing event...maybe I did and didn't notice. And I did go back in and replay a node after seeing this but didn't get one, but I may have gotten that day's already. 
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    jneidus said:
    Is this only if you have him? I don't recall getting them from the Introducing event...maybe I did and didn't notice. And I did go back in and replay a node after seeing this but didn't get one, but I may have gotten that day's already. 
    I didnt get one during the loaners either.  But I got one when using my own (that i just pulled yesterday).  So, I think it's a whole "you gotta have him" thing.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Assuming you hoard: a beginner support and a 4* (don’t care about the other stuff) once every 40 days is nothing to sneeze at!
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Assuming you hoard: a beginner support and a 4* (don’t care about the other stuff) once every 40 days is nothing to sneeze at!
    Every 40 days is worst case, because you can stop when you get the 4*.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used D5 today and didn't get a Spicy Vault token.  Not sure exactly how this is supposed to work.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used D5 today and didn't get a Spicy Vault token.  Not sure exactly how this is supposed to work.

Try again later. The timing on your reset is probably just a little off.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Thanks!  That is probably it.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You do have to use your own, not a loaner. That's consistent with 3* DP as well. The reset seems to be a floating 24 hours from the last time you got a token, not a fixed time every day. It's odd, but not bad once you get used to it! And can't sneeze at free resources! It helps that I pulled his blue, so he's always at least mildly useful.
  • pheregas
    Options
    You do have to use your own, not a loaner. That's consistent with 3* DP as well. The reset seems to be a floating 24 hours from the last time you got a token, not a fixed time every day. It's odd, but not bad once you get used to it! And can't sneeze at free resources! It helps that I pulled his blue, so he's always at least mildly useful.
    Been using him in DDQ every day for the token and the consistent use time.  Only drawback is that I miss a day since I play DDQ later on the weekends so I need to skip Monday to reset the use clock.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What are the chances that we can get Spicypool tokens and 3pool points to reset accumulation at a certain time each day? Most of us that are trying to maximize these are already using them at set points (ddq, I assume) but we don't always play those at the same time. It'd be a simple bit of QoL to standardize the daily reset and wouldn't give anyone any sort of edge to do so.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    What are the chances that we can get Spicypool tokens and 3pool points to reset accumulation at a certain time each day? Most of us that are trying to maximize these are already using them at set points (ddq, I assume) but we don't always play those at the same time. It'd be a simple bit of QoL to standardize the daily reset and wouldn't give anyone any sort of edge to do so.
    Agreed 100%
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is what I'm trying to figure out. I usually play DDQ in the morning. Yesterday I got the token when I played...today I didn't. So I waited about an hour or two and used him again and got it this time. So it seems I may have missed out on one yesterday somehow.
  • pheregas
    Options
    Loosie said:
    This is what I'm trying to figure out. I usually play DDQ in the morning. Yesterday I got the token when I played...today I didn't. So I waited about an hour or two and used him again and got it this time. So it seems I may have missed out on one yesterday somehow.
    An ally-mate of mine said the reset is every 25 hours.  Seems designed to make sure you only get the token every other day, unless you change your use time.  As I play DDQ about the same time every day, I guess I'll miss it every other day.

And then it's all thrown out the window when he's 5E.