Pandas of DOOM - Alliance Chat

Comments

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Well I'm a bit disappointed right now. After such great time with first round the next just felt like torture. I had less points in this one than the first, though the base points actually increased by 25% as I heard, plus rubber banding - since I was nowhere near the first 2 spots like before. That just shows how much less I played and won missions this time around. Granted I didn't have as much time for this round but demoralization from frequent trashing by the AI didn't help either. Still was around top 50 in both subs, but the last refresh ~2h till the end was just crazy lucky for AI and I was left with no health packs. To rub salt in a wound I switched then to lone star to protect top 10. But no, more of the same there so no blue Hood too.

OK, I feel a little better after venting, thanks for all who had patience to read/listen.

Oh about lightning rounds. I believe placing high may bump your MMR more than other events. Last Hero rounds I got top 25 (one gold token) for the first time with about 320~330 points I think and no one attacked me the whole time and right after that started seeing maxed teams and couldn't go past 250 points without being knocked back in next rounds.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Hey, I've just played a seed team Iron_Panda. That's first time I've seen that one. Has anyone seen it before?
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Kolence wrote:
    Hey, I've just played a seed team Iron_Panda. That's first time I've seen that one. Has anyone seen it before?
    No that is a first for me.. lots of Hipdudeglasses, battle angle, pyro something. Anyone keep tabs on where we ended up in the one star alliance leaderboard?
  • MaxCavalera
    Kolence wrote:
    Well I'm a bit disappointed right now. After such great time with first round the next just felt like torture. I had less points in this one than the first, though the base points actually increased by 25% as I heard, plus rubber banding - since I was nowhere near the first 2 spots like before. That just shows how much less I played and won missions this time around. Granted I didn't have as much time for this round but demoralization from frequent trashing by the AI didn't help either. Still was around top 50 in both subs, but the last refresh ~2h till the end was just crazy lucky for AI and I was left with no health packs. To rub salt in a wound I switched then to lone star to protect top 10. But no, more of the same there so no blue Hood too.

OK, I feel a little better after venting, thanks for all who had patience to read/listen.

Oh about lightning rounds. I believe placing high may bump your MMR more than other events. Last Hero rounds I got top 25 (one gold token) for the first time with about 320~330 points I think and no one attacked me the whole time and right after that started seeing maxed teams and couldn't go past 250 points without being knocked back in next rounds.

Yeah the way MMR works i find you really can only try to place in a couple LR you gotta tank the other ones. Also on the issue or airing grievances I have been hit for -40 in the last minute several times buy guys with 0 tournament points at the time that really pisses me off costs you possible tokens so this guy can get 140 iso lols.
  • Vassago
    Vassago Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Hi all...would love to join your alliance and help take it to the top if you would accept..been playing every day for 132 days...and looking for an Alliance to join.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time I checked, we were 40th as an alliance in the lone star tournament, good job icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • racanrpa
    racanrpa Posts: 32
    hi, i've just applied for joining your alliance.
    i've been playing daily for over 100 days now. in my roster i have a lv 85 ares, thor, wolverine, obw, and cstorm, and trying to migrate into 3stars characters (lv 77 punisher, lv 66 patch lv 55 hulk)
    to do this i try to end in the first 50 in every tournament.
    i would love if you accept me!
    thanks!
  • Thanks for the responses on Punisher and MMR. Does MMR carry between events? I'm seeing huge guys out of the gate of some of the PvP events (like 244 level mags and 100+ other chars) on a regular basis.

Oh and random event of the day. Had like 8 regular tokens today from various events. 2 were Punisher icon_e_smile.gif. Need one more red and he will be maxed. Going to focus then on Black Panther
  • MaxCavalera
    ubergaijin wrote:
    Thanks for the responses on Punisher and MMR. Does MMR carry between events? I'm seeing huge guys out of the gate of some of the PvP events (like 244 level mags and 100+ other chars) on a regular basis.

Oh and random event of the day. Had like 8 regular tokens today from various events. 2 were Punisher icon_e_smile.gif. Need one more red and he will be maxed. Going to focus then on Black Panther

Woo for punishers
  • MaxCavalera
    Ron13 is our lucky 13th panda i guess it was meant to be.
  • sinnerjfl
    ubergaijin wrote:
    Thanks for the responses on Punisher and MMR. Does MMR carry between events? I'm seeing huge guys out of the gate of some of the PvP events (like 244 level mags and 100+ other chars) on a regular basis.

Yes it does, MMR is a global value, it's not specific to an event. Don't worry too much though. Eventually you should be able to take down the opponents the match-making throws at you. Either you'll lose a lot or your characters will be stronger and you'll be able to win.

It eventually works out but it's a bit rough when your MMR goes up suddenly, hang in there icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • so i got a diabolical token fighting through 230s... and it's a black hood, which i can't even use :/. for LR waiting till 35m left and pounding the AI teams is the easiest way to the top 50, you'll have to win 2-5 fights against humans in the last 20-25m, but if you get a little lucky and pop a killable 30point guy or two... my loki/hood/rag are like, combined level 550 there, so i don't really get hit back.

welcome ron! slowly but surely we're edging towards 20 slots.

as far as mmr, pvp seems consistent, but pve seems to reset between events (but not rounds). last round i waited 24 hours between grinding, and didn't hit a node worth less than 500 until hard mode had under 90min left, and still finished #1 there. I think normal mode was capped for a bit before i cleared it, so i finished outside the top 10, but i only did the 3 red missions to 500 points there (i was 2k off the lead). my HM thor was 133 if anyone wants to compare, and easy mode was 74. I finished top 5 last round and 1st/20th 2nd round. these 9 day events are a bit lame though, especially since it'll be followed by a 2 day pvp event that takes like 3 hours to get. anyways, i'll go do my first clears in a minute.
  • In PvE each stack will refresh (5 stacks) every 12 hours. They also get harder as the event progresses. Best tactic thus is to clean out at the start then wait 12 hours and do it again. Also don't race through each one once but do a node 5 times (or less if the points are not worth it) then move on.

The alliance score is based on total points earnt not placing high in sub brackets. If we place well but don't get the progression rewards we're missing out on alliance rewards over and over because the total points earnt also wins rewards in each sub.
  • rubberbanding applies across brackets and sub brackets, so the top scores in one sub will end up within spitting distance of any other sub over the course of the event. as long as you farm it before your rubber band caps and clear it at the end, you'll get max points.

i'm sitting at 133k right now (#1 in main bracket) and i don't grind down every node or hit them every 12 hours. i just make sure i hit it at least three times, leaving enough time to be able to get 4 hours or so at the end for the final run/placement. if you have significantly more points right now (not in 12 hours), let me know though. in the hulk event, i got top 100 (out of 100,000) doing the same thing.
  • sinnerjfl
    bloodwars wrote:
    so i got a diabolical token fighting through 230s... and it's a black hood, which i can't even use :/. for LR waiting till 35m left and pounding the AI teams is the easiest way to the top 50, you'll have to win 2-5 fights against humans in the last 20-25m, but if you get a little lucky and pop a killable 30point guy or two... my loki/hood/rag are like, combined level 550 there, so i don't really get hit back.

Another strategy for LR's that I use. Get in as soon as the round begins, you should get about 10 matches or more vs seed teams. You'll get about 2000 ISO and your rank should be around 150 before you face real opponents. After that, it's a slug fest to the top, very happy that I'm almost done collecting covers for villains icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • the problem i had doing that, is with 40m left, my target list is reduced to literally 5 people, and they all have lower ratings than me (60-100 less), at least the 4 times i tried that. I got 3 *** tokens this time through, and none of them were useful :/. I have to lose with loki sometimes cause i end up in the top 10 on accident when someone tries to attack me and fails. I didn't hammer this rounds like i did the last hero rounds though, just had other things to do, but i need the *** tokens since placing with a level 20 mag just isn't going to happen. I should get my rag and doom up a bit more though.
  • MaxCavalera
    So we are creeping up in the Hard sub bracket (alliance rank 52) maybe this scaling thing will help us out if we stay at it =)
  • Hey Guys this is Lar56. I am currently pending in the Ace of Blades and getting tired of waiting. You can see my roster and you can see what I have been doing in the simulator. This is what I do as an active player. I work from home so I get to play ALOT! I think I would be a real asset to the Pandas. I would be glad to kick in HP for slots if ever the group needs it. I am gonna make a run at finishing top 2 in the Simulator player ranking.

Let me know if you can open a slot for me. Thanks for your time,

Lar56
  • yeah, if you doubled our score from when we had 10 people, it'd put us at #7 on the leaderboards, so finding active players and getting up to 20 slots should help us cement top 10-25.

btw, i just pulled a red *** thor out of a normal 500 iso pack. only spent 6k, got an ares (Which i need), 25hp, and a red lazy thor. yay! i wonder if that means psylock and bp have been added as well... i'd assume so.
  • MaxCavalera
    edited March 2014
    That is good info. All i ever get are daredevils and punishers when i get lucky and pull a 3*