5* Beta Ray Bill
    PvP rating: A
    PvE  rating: B

Note: Also updated with Beta teams for PvP:  Beta/Bishop,  Beta/Kitty

Rank Updates
    5* Hawkeye
    PvP Rating: A----> B
    PvE Rating: C (no change)

Also included a small section for PvE CL10. I don't play CL10 so all information is based on conversations I have had with other players and what I have read. Anyone with experience playing in CL10, feel free to chime in with your thoughts about what characters are the best and what teams work. Thanks!
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Great that this has been updated. Thanks.

Reading the PVP rankings just feels as though you have the A tier and then every other character should be in a Not Rated tier. They just don't compare.

PVE SCL10 maybe add Kitty RnG Juggernaut. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great that this has been updated. Thanks.

Reading the PVP rankings just feels as though you have the A tier and then every other character should be in a Not Rated tier. They just don't compare.

PVE SCL10 maybe add Kitty RnG Juggernaut. 

Thanks for the feedback. :) I have added Kitty RnG Juggernaut to the CL10 PVE section.

I understand your point and to some extent that is true but we have to keep in mind not all rosters are equal. I know some players who are doing well using high level B tier characters.

So in my mind I like to think of the tiers as such:

A tier: Meta tier that allows the general player to do well in PvP, even punch above their weight against high level non-A tier characters.

B tier: The close but no cigar tie. Generally speaking, with higher levels able to compete against the meta reasonably well. Usually the primary issue is that there is a better option in the A tier either in terms of speed, AP generation or defensive mechanics or they simply don't pair well with anyone.

C tier: The niche tier. Generally not all that great, but under specific circumstances can really shine. A great example is Black Suit Spider-man. Paired with a good partner and he will help a player dismantle Kitty/Grocket teams.

D tier: The flawed tier. These characters have a significant drawback such as having high AP costs, requires jumping through too many hoops to properly use,  a passive that currently offers no real advantage in the current meta, and so on. While sometimes their abilities are interesting, they aren't very efficient.

F tier: The forsaken tier. Characters that are in need of a serious buff or rework.

Considering how limited resources are, having tiers allows a player to determine whether a character they like is worth chasing or not. So it is my hope that combined with Daredevil217's 5* Character Ranking and Analysis players will be able to make more informed choices when they see a character they are interested in. 
  • JackDeath666
    JackDeath666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Absolutely. The ranking is very informative and helpful. Splitting into tiers is a good approach. I was being more rueful than anything. It just seems a little sad that so many characters just don't quite cut it at a competive level, particularly considering the effort someone has to go to to cover them. But even the lesser characters can still be fun to mess around with for a bit of variety - easy to forget sometimes in the grind. 
  • captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

For SCL 10, I would add Hawkeye/Coulson/Gamora for the challenge node. That's my go-to team for beating it the last two times if the boosted 5 isn't as useful.

• fight4thedream

Added: Hawkeye/Coulson/Gamora for CL10 Challenge node. Thank you @captainheath :smile:

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor

Get ready to add in iHulk, specifically referring to PVE. Quite fast with Hulkoye even with one cover on his green. Might be better than Thanos in efficiency. As always, beautiful write up @fight4thedream

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker

Thorkoye/Tooth is an outstanding CL10 team.

Thorkoye/XFDP is great for the C node in CL10

• Akroma
    Akroma Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Hi :D the other day while talking about apocalypse (in his thread), i told you about spiderman 2099 thorkoye for cl10. but i thought i read it here, turns out i didnt :(

so here it is :D thorkoye + spiderman 2099. ohara has a passive that every black yellow and blue match deals xs aditional damage. so basically u deal okoyes passive on a match, which sometimes can be cascades thanks to thor. even when there is no cascade, dealing 20k+ damage on a match is not bad. 

he also has a 4 turn stun (or 3, depending on the level on it) which also increases damage dealt to the stunned character by a % not by a flat amount!  

if we also add that his black is multi dip or multi tap :D we have a good 3rd. the only negative aspect is wave nodes, because he turns red, green and purple into web, and if the battle is a wave, it can turn a lot of those and thor wont destroy them :(

BUT, as a bonus :D a good 3rd for wave nodes is 4* torch. his green will create a repeater that creates another repeater up to 5 repeaters, that deal xs damage at the start of the turn to someone at random, triggering okoyes passive. but also, by using okoyes yellow, it will fortify torch repeaters. for red he has an aoe that deals increased damage for every repeater, and destroys them. now the thing is if the repeaters are fortified, you wont lose them, but u will gain green ap for each. so basically u put 1 or 2 of his green repeaters, then save both green and red, and in the final wave, or even the final 2 waves, u use torchs red for aoe, maybe one yellow and a thors green aoe (fueled by torch red) and then all repeaters are again fortfied, to do it again :D 
  • TheRealChon
    TheRealChon Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Been having a blast on wave nodes with Hela/W4sp/Bulls3ye. Done right it does insane damage (or defense, if that's your gig).
  • fight4thedream
    @Akroma: My apologies! I thought I had updated to include your suggested teams but it seems it slipped my mind. Will add Okoye/Thor/Spider-man 2099 and Okoye/Thor/Spider-man 2099 to viable PvE team lists. Thank you for the feed back!

@T@TheRealChon : Nice suggestion! Will updated the PvE wave list with your suggested team of Hela/4* Wasp/3* Bullseye. Thanks!

Guide Updates:

New Characters

Mr. Sinister
    PvP: C
    PvE: ?

Havok
    PvP: C
    PvE: C

Immortal Hulk
    PvP: A
    PvE: A

Apocalypse
    PvP: A
    PvE: A

Yelena
    PvP: B
    PvE: B

New PvE effective teams
    Okoye/5* Thor/Spider-man 2099
    Okoye/5* Thor/4* Human Torch (especially wave nodes and hard nodes)
    Hela/4* Wasp/3* Bullseye (wave nodes in CL9 and under)
    Apocalypse/Immortal Hulk/Valkyrie
    Apocalypse/Immortal Hulk/5* Thor
    Apocalypse/Immortal Hulk/Beta Ray Bill

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akroma said:
    Hi :D the other day while talking about apocalypse (in his thread), i told you about spiderman 2099 thorkoye for cl10. but i thought i read it here, turns out i didnt :(

so here it is :D thorkoye + spiderman 2099. ohara has a passive that every black yellow and blue match deals xs aditional damage. so basically u deal okoyes passive on a match, which sometimes can be cascades thanks to thor. even when there is no cascade, dealing 20k+ damage on a match is not bad. 

he also has a 4 turn stun (or 3, depending on the level on it) which also increases damage dealt to the stunned character by a % not by a flat amount!  

if we also add that his black is multi dip or multi tap :D we have a good 3rd. the only negative aspect is wave nodes, because he turns red, green and purple into web, and if the battle is a wave, it can turn a lot of those and thor wont destroy them :(

I find 2099's black is key on getting good performance on Wave nodes. Because it clears out web tiles, it tends to significantly increase the number of tiles available for Thor to smash. Plus, even on SCL10, it's often capable of clearing an entire later wave all by itself.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another quite fun team in PVE is Okoye/Domino/Spiderman 2099. Match TU for Okoye while Domino drops huge Black cascades for the Miguel to kill everything. Slaughters nodes like no ones business. If 2099 is boosted, its a wrap.
  • Glockoma
    @fight4thedream
    Hey Brother! As always, great analysis.

As I was just rereading, and for CL10, one cannot disregard iHulk winfinite with Vulture (and Karolina Dean). Both fliers can, and will, stay afloat in even the toughest of matches with some pregaming (bring +AP). It works even better with setting iHulk’s build to 3/5/5 to maximize insane match damage.

Reminds me of that Chumbawumba song from back in the day...

”I’m gettin’ knocked down,
    But I get up again,
    Never gonna keep me down,
     I’m getting knocked down...!”

cheers!
  • fight4thedream
    @Glockoma: Woah, that sounds like an awesome team! Will definitely add to CL10 list. And good to have you back! :smile:
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akroma said:

I find 2099's black is key on getting good performance on Wave nodes. Because it clears out web tiles, it tends to significantly increase the number of tiles available for Thor to smash. Plus, even on SCL10, it's often capable of clearing an entire later wave all by itself.

Oh, one more thing to keep an eye out for is that 1* Venom becomes way more dangerous with as many web tiles out as this team spams. I always target him first with them if possible.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2020
    Akroma said:

Oh, one more thing to keep an eye out for is that 1* Venom becomes way more dangerous with as many web tiles out as this team spams. I always target him first with them if possible.
    When running a baby thorkoye against opponents up above 500, stun is just about the only real threat until your enemies are up to ~level 575 or higher (at which point match damage and cheap enemy powers become strong enough to threaten a 60k okoye).  so targeting 1* venom, who has a 6ap stun, and denying purple hard is just about always best practice anyway.
  • Glockoma
    @fight4thedream

any chance you could revise your take on the newer 5*’s? Love the thoughts and hope all is well; Cheers!