Grand Experiment 2: Treading Water in the SCL 10 Post-Shardpocalypse

Comments

• ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 4,432 Chairperson of the Boards
    IHulk is a monster champed. It’s made SCL10 way faster with Okoye and Professor X. 

I’m not sure I’ll get Yelena finished, current crop:
    Yelena: 3/3/1 (455 shards)
    Apocalypse: 3/3/3 (705 shards)
    Onslaught: 1/1/1 (380 shards)
    edited 6 July 2020, 12:31
    Another Red for Apocalypse off today’s crash token. 3/4/3 with 1.5 shard covers on deck. I’m curious if Yelena will rally or not the way Hulk did
    edited 7 July 2020, 04:33
    Managed to hit 1200 without shielding in the Killmonger pvp using Okoye/Hulk. There’s still 20 ish hours left in the event, but I shielded out anyway since there are Hawkeye shards in placement.
    Purple Yelena today, for a 3/4/1. Has the rally begun?
    Pulled a black apocalypse, so I spent my shards to bring him up to triple 4s with 205 shards remaining.
    Took a look at my shard target distribution and realized that i'm going to finish Hawkeye faster directly than trying to hybrid climb Kate Bishop 11 more covers simultaneously - by the time I earn the 200 shards on Hawkeye, I'll ony have picked up 2-3 more Kate Bishops. Definitely not earning those as fast as I thought. @Daredevil217 I definitely confirmed that it's inefficient to go all-in on that final cover. So I moved 3 and 4 over to Cyclops and Frost respectively; I figure I'll thank myself later for finishing up that other meta force multiplier rather than thickening up my roster of benchwarmers by chasing Hela/Lumbercap/Cable. Though depending on how this goes, I may end up with a Cable anyway. 

Pulled a red for Apocalypse, 4/5/4 now. I probably should give up on Yelena and start saving up for Apocalypse to leave, but I hate not trying for her. I’ll think about it as I work on iso for Apocalypse.
    I've opted to pull Latest till Yelena leaves; i need 3 more covers to finish her up assuming she's featured once more for shards. So far i just have a 14th cover for Apocalypse lol.
    Picked up a green Onslought. Current latest crop:

Yelena: (3/4/1) 755 shards
    Apocalypse: (4/5/4) 1 saved, 255 shards
    Onslaught: (1/2/1) 680 shards

Killmonger: 0/0/0, 380 shards
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 840 Critical Contributor
    Good luck. There’s still more than a week before Yelena goes to Classics and I think she will be featured in PvE once more. So, you’ll need 3 covers from pulls.
    edited 20 July 2020, 16:21
    Thanks! I figure at best I'll get 1 more organic pull - 3 seems unlikely. RNGeezus does seem to "owe" me a 5* here shortly though.

I did just get a pretty sweet chain of LTs - pulled a CP pull that led to a daisy chain of 4 LT champ levels for 6 total covers. None of them 5* lol. Currently 12 pulls since my last 5*
    Still no Yelenas, but I did get a green Onslaught (1/3/1)...
    Finally got Apocalypse champed, seems like it took forever to get that iso...
    Got a Blue for Onslaught, 1/3/2 now on the eve of Yelena dropping out. I may have one more Latest pull before tomorrow, so it’s not looking good at this point. She’ll probably drop out at 10, like Havok.
    I stand corrected - through a judicious rechamp of 2* Thor, I got a Cp draw and an LT, which turned into a Prowler and a cp champ level for Apocalypse, which gave me an LT champ level for Elektr4, and so that became a green Yelena. So I applied my shard cover also, and now have a 4/4/2 with 250 shards.
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 840 Critical Contributor
    When you level her up, Yelena at lvl 405-420 will be enough to do her business in PvE (and it actually allows her teammates to tank for her better).

I think in your situation, there’s an argument to make her 5/4/2 first to get more use out of her red passive. It’s an interesting situation to be in, because we’re likely going to get her covers eventually from shards and we don’t need to worry about getting duplicate covers. So, having her at 5/4/2 instead of 4/4/3 is fine. The improvement of her green from 2 to 3 covers is marginal.
    I've thought about that - she isn't dissimilar from Hawkeye or Gladiathor (magnitude of effectiveness aside) in that the top color is best. But I think assuming we ever get a feeder, I try to keep in mind that I'll get a unique cover of that top one rather than shards at 280 (unless they pull a Jessica Jones whose drops were out of order for no reason I could discover). So assuming she gets another PVE feature allowing me to complete that shard cover, I'd be worse off locking out the top for completion purposes than I would padding out the rest of the stack and waiting on a feeder.

I'm about 16 pulls from finishing Hawkeye up, speaking of shard targets. I'd like to be able to finish that out before going into hibernation on pulling latest, but that seems pretty unlikely. Maybe Hawkeye will turn up in my shard store sometime this month. 
    Today's free Playing from Home rescue shards were good for a CP champ level, so that was cool. 
    Ok - pulled until i got my Hawkeye champable, and only ended up with a single champ level on Apocalypse. I champed Super-Skrull with 21 saved as well.
    This new change to 3x clears in SCL10 is interesting. I did 3x and out on day one of Fight for Wakanda, and was down in the 300s overall leaving it there. So today i just did 4x clears all at once, i'll see where that shakes me out for the sub and overall. I may not do so hot on this anti-venom release, but that's kind of whatever to me at this point.