Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    I think double 5* MMR IS full 5* MMR, but someone else can feel free to correct me.
    The MMR in pick 3 events are supposed to be different than pick 2 events, so having 3 5*s or 2 5* champions in the roster would affect the MMR. Although nowadays with high level 4*s being used as the 3rd character in pick 3 events, the MMR gets a bit complicated to differentiate.
    Who are your current available options? 
    I think this is the 4th time it’s been asked. I asked before and didn’t get an answer. The best I could do what to get Storm and Carnage as the first 2 :lol: The suspense is killing me..

I don't think you would notice a significant difference between 2 and 3 champed 5s for most PVPs, but yeah, pick 3 might be a little different if you stopped at 2.  I'm not sure how many players are out there with just 2 champed 5s.

I do think you would still see mostly meta 5s hitting you even with just 2 champed 5s in pick 3.  Probably lots of BRBitty/Bishop teams currently.  Or Kitty and Rocket and Medusa.  Stuff like that.    
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2020
    My experience with 2 5* MMR (ghost rider and doom) in pick 3 was that I was seeing a lot of Single champ 5* + max-champ 4* buddy, like kitty with a 370 rocket or whatever. It was nightmarish with 2 non-meta 5s.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor

JUNE 2020 EDITION

Day 1842

Roster slots: 304/305 

star star star star star
    44 champions (+3):
    Apocalypse, Archangel, Beta Ray Bill, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (First Avenger), Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Carnage, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Havok, Hawkeye, Hela, Iceman, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Mister Sinister, Okoye, Professor X, Rescue, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Star-Lord, Storm, Thanos, The Hulk (Bruce Banner), The Hulk (Immortal), Thor, Wasp, Wolverine, Yelena Belova

Latest Legends

• Immortal Hulk (5/3/5, lvl 455) (+13)
    • Yelena Belova (5/5/3, lvl 452) (+11)
    • Apocalypse (3/5/5, lvl 455) (+10)

star star star star
    106 champions (+3):
    Agent Coulson (2x), America Chavez, Ant-Man, Bishop, Black Cat,  Black Panther, (2x) Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel (2x), Captain America, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger (2x), Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Hellcat, Human Torch, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Juggernaut, Karolina Dean, Karnak, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Lockjaw (2x), Luke Cage, Magik, Maria Hill, Medusa (2x), Miles Morales, Mockingbird,  M.O.D.O.K., Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Mysterio, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Nova, Peggy Carter, Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot (2x), Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Super-Skrull, Talos, Taskmaster, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie, Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture (2x), War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolfsbane, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    Hellcat (level 271) is my newest champion. Deadpool, Thor & Wasp joined club 370. My duplicates of Medusa & Lockjaw are championed.

Future goals

Since I currently have every 5* character championed (finally achieved my long-term goal, yeah!), I'm waiting for a new 5* trio to appear in Latest Legends.

AUGUST 2020 EDITION

Day 1915
    Roster slots: 310/310 (+5)

★★★★★
    44 champions:
    Apocalypse, Archangel, Beta Ray Bill, Black Bolt, Black Panther, Black Widow, Cable, Captain America (First Avenger), Captain America (Infinity War), Captain Marvel, Carnage, Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Doctor Octopus, Dr. Strange, Gambit, Ghost Rider, Green Goblin, Havok, Hawkeye, Hela, Iceman, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jessica Jones, Kingpin, Kitty Pryde, Loki, Mister Sinister, Okoye, Professor X, Rescue, Spider-Man (Back in Black), Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Silver Surfer, Star-Lord, Storm, Thanos, The Hulk (Bruce Banner), The Hulk (Immortal), Thor, Wasp, Wolverine, Yelena Belova

Latest Legends

• Apocalypse (3/5/5, lvl 456) (+1)
    • Onslaught (0/1/0, lvl 270) (+1)
    • Killmonger (0/2/0, lvl 2859 (+2)
     [Wolverine (Samurai Daken) (1/0/0, lvl 270)] 

★★★★
    111 champions (+5):
    Spoiler
    Agent Coulson (2x), America Chavez, Ant-Man, Anti-Venom, Bishop, Black Cat,  Black Panther, (2x) Black Widow, Blade, Captain Marvel (2x), Captain America, Carnage, Cloak & Dagger (2x), Cyclops, Dazzler, Deadpool, Devil Dinosaur, Domino, Drax, Elektra, Emma Frost, Gamora (2x), Ghost, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Hellcat, Human Torch, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist (2x), Iron Man, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Juggernaut, Karolina Dean, Karnak, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Kraven the Hunter, Legion, Lockjaw (2x), Luke Cage, Magik, Maria Hill, Medusa (2x), Miles Morales, Misty Knight, Mockingbird,  M.O.D.O.K., Moon Knight, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Mysterio, Namor, Nebula, Nick Fury, Nico Minoru, Nightcrawler, Northstar, Nova, Peggy Carter (2x), Professor X, Prowler, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot (2x), Rogue, Ronin, Sabretooth, Sam Wilson, Sandman, Shuri, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Ham, Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, Super-Skrull, Talos, Taskmaster, Thanos, The Hulk (The Main Event), The Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Punisher, The Thing, Thor,  Valkyrie, Venom (Agent Venom), Venom (Eddie Brock), Vulture (2x), War Machine, Wasp, Wiccan, Winter Soldier, Wolfsbane, Wolverine, X-23, Yondu 
    Legion (level 277), Misty Knight (level 272) and Anti-Venom (level 270) are my recent champions.
    Luke Cage, Mordo, Nightcrawler & Agent Venom reached ther maximum level. The dupes of Peggy & Iron Fist are done.

Future goal

I'm waiting for Samurai Wolvie to enter the Latest Legends. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided to dig this out to see how much things have changed for my roster. I last posted my progress on 1 July 2020. I should have done this update two months ago, but it's too late. Anyway:

1 Jul 2020 Progress
    SR 155
    Champed 4*: 90 (+38)

I didn't jump into 5* land due to lack of iso-8. Back then, I had already fully covered Kingpin, Cable and Thanos. 

As of now,

SR 186
    Champed 4*: 105
    Champed 5*: 20
    Roster Slots: 303

My Shield Ranking increased by 33 over 14 months. That's about 2.3 a month.  Will I hit SR 200 by the end of next year?

I managed to resist champing all the 4* and saved the iso-8 for 5*. If not, I wouldn't have 20 champed 5* now. 

I seem to be able to keep up with the release pace of new 5*, but I can only say so confidently near the end of the year. I have champed most characters that I'm interested in such as Storm, Doctor Doom, Mr Sinister, Carbage etc.

My next goal: 

Adam Warlock, Heimdall, Killmonger, Samurai Daken, Hawkeye, Spiderman (Peter Parker), Prof X and Green Goblin.

Majority of them are at 3-6 covers, so I don't think I can champ all of them by the end of next year unless the devs throws a shardmas this year. if not, I have to wait till they pop up in special stores and I have enough CPs for them. Or I can join the Classic Pulls Club.

My top priority for the next 1 year are Spiderman (Peter Parker), Prof X, Hawkeye and Green Goblin. After I'm done with them, I would move on to either Samurai Daken or Adam Warlock.  

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    I forgot this thread existed. It will be a better spot for my recording my tracking estimate for roster progress than making a new thread I think.

SR 128, Day 636, 245 roster spots (hp for 250)

Hoard - 1400cp, 36 LL (92 pulls, 2.5/day)

5* - 39/60 rostered, highest are BRB 2/2/3, Kitty 3/2/1, Knull 1/4/1. 
    4* - 21 champed with 8 @ lvl 280+. 45 fully covered waiting on iso with 1@ 10 saved. 21 with 10+ covers, remaining 28 with between 1 and 9 covers.
    3* - 15 max champed, 14 duplicates, 1 cycled
    2* - 13 max champed, 13 duplicates, Bagman cycled once
    1* - Spidey and Juggernaut maxed, Storm @ lvl 35, 1 MBW for donation.

I’m pretty happy with the 3 or so 4* covers I get per PvP and PvE events.  I can also roster all but 5 5* (Havok, Heimdall, Killmonger, Mister Sinister, and Onslaught) through feeders. My CP acquisition can be higher as I have not been reaching full progression in PvP lately because I have a life outside of the game. Luckily (lol) that will be slowing down a bit, perhaps also allowing me to play SCL10 PvE with the BRB/Polaris/Th4nos winfinite more often. My Current 5* plan is to continue to hoard CP to wait for Kitty or BRB to show up in a special store or I reach 300 pulls. I have been spending LL to acquire the newest 5* as it enters the store so that may take a while. Although it will be tempting to spend the hoard on Shang-Chi it will probably better to wait it out since I will be unlikely to be able to fully cover him before he leaves the LL.
  • hothie
    hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2021
    Sure, why not?

SR99, Day 271, 198 Slots

5* 29/60, with Switch and Okoye highest, both at 2/1/1 respectively.
    4* 107/115 (Just 8 more!) 14 Champed with Carnage just needing Iso to be next. 5 others at 10+ covers.
    3* All champed, with Spidey highest at 239
    2* Farming as usual, just sold Wolverine, will re-roster him tomorrow.
    1* Just Juggs for DDQ and MBW for teamups.

Iso debt: 2.1M
    Supports aren't too bad, with 40/54 and 12 maxed as high as I can get them now.

Piggy Bank: 3 LL Tokens, 131 CP

My philosophy with LL and CP so far has been to spend them as I get them to build my roster, but with the Anniversary store coming up, I have decided to make September into "Save-tember." I'm going to save my LL tokens for a time when I can get more (30+?) consecutive pulls, and my CP for the Anniversary Store. I'm also saving up my Spicy Vault tokens trying to get some of the 4*s that I don't have whenever they enter the Spicy vault.

My 3* shard theory for the past few months has been to favorite whoever has HP coming up either next or within the next 2. But this month I'm shifting my focus to whoever has CP (or LL) coming up soon, trying to boost my Piggy Bank even more. My 4* shard theory is just whoever I want to champ next, currently Silk (I have enjoyed running her while she's boosted.)

I guess my goals for now are:

1. To roster all of the 4* characters. Rostering 5*s will have to wait until I dump my piggy bank out.
    2. Continue to work on champing more 4*s
    3. Save LL and CP for October.
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Day 2187, Shield Rank 228, 341 Roster Slots
    In the last year thanks to CL10 and continuous influx of 5* shards I managed to champ all classic 5* characters. The last one was Star-Lord that benefitted from a cover received from Resupply at day 1990 and shards received from milestones.

Roster
    • 5* all classics champed, Electro and Ronan champed, Odin at 0/0/1
    • 4* 37 max-champed, all others champed. Important and useful dupes include a lvl 271 Polaris and a lvl 70 3/5/5 Valkyrie
    • 2*, 3* all max-champed with a dupe at different stages for everyone
    • 1* Juggs, Spidey and some MBWs for team-ups
    Supports
    I have all supports except the stones. All supports are levelled as high as possible. Notable supports:
    • Atlantis R4 for Polaris (extra green for those challenge nodes)
    • Carol's Communicator R4 for Beta Ray Bill (true healing for those challenge nodes)
    • Chewie R4 for Kitty
    • Pocket Radio R4 for some people to tank in some situations
    • Taskmaster's Sword R4, Kra-Van R4 and Stormbreaker R3 for crashes
    The Plan
    In the past I have used my 3* and 4* shard targets to help finish classic 5*s. Now I decided to keep my 3* target at Magneto because he eventually feeds 5* Professor X and 4* Juggernaut who I have not maxed and he is fun and useful. After my 4* target Polaris had reached lvl 360, I switched the 4* target to Beast and my 5* target from Okoye to Apocalypse. I use Apocalypse and Thor a lot to drag braindead 1-cover 5*s through their featured nodes.
    I want to continue champing the latest 5*s and once I feel comfortable that I have enough resources banked to to that I will start pulling classic tokens with my CP.

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2021
    This looks like fun. Good bumping.  

I forget the exact day I am on, but I am in my 4th year I think. My anniversary is on Valentines day lol. Wanda at level 468 is my highest level character.

Roster
    All 5stars rostered, 27ish championed. My oldest in terms of released champion 5 is Halfthor.  
    All 4stars and lower championed.  

Goal(s)
    Make the step into SCL10 pve at some point. 
    Champion the older 5s using feeders. Most are between 4 and 8 covers currently and I will target Daredevil with feeders and then Ironman afterwards with his feeders.
    Pay attention to the upcoming Latest Legends and to hoard enough pulls to champ atleast 2 meta characters. It will be a big test of patience. Will I be able to resist the urge to pull him early once I see champed Shangs in pvp?
    Shang chi is on my list to champ as he is fun with his targeted board powers and playstyle.

That's about it. Longterm goal is to champion every 5star. I am also hoarding the PVE event tokens until I get atleast 80. Helps when new 4s enter the pve vaults a bit :D. Also have about 7 of the Strange sights mini tokens saved up too now.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Day: 1062
    SR: 118

5*
    19/60 rostered
    My highest are at lvl 330:
    Apocalypse (2/3/3), Colossus (1/5/2), Cyclops (3/1/1), Deadpool (2/1/3), Kitty (2/1/2), Prof. X (3/1/2), S Witch (4/2/2), Old Man Logan (5/0/1), Yellowjacket (3/1/3)

4*
    112/115 rostered (the last 3 can be rostered through shards if required)
    39 champions. 2 more ready to be champed (although they are Ant Man and Winter Soldier, so no rush on those)

3*
    All rostered. Some starting to reach max champ, so have been re-rostered. The first three max champs I sold because I still needed roster space for 4*. Now I have plenty of HP so may keep max champs for the time being, although it is still tempting to sell them for the ISO.

2*
    All rostered (recently added Bag Man since I have plenty of HP). I sell the max champ as soon as I have a new one to roster.

1*
    Was just using Iron Man for ages. I decided to add Juggernaut because of all the talk of him being useful with Polaris and BRB (not that I have BRB yet). Also rostered Storm to help me towards the 1* milestone and see if the little extra XP is worth it to help get me to SR 120.

Plans
    I'm in no rush to get into 5* land so will focus on using ISO for 4* so I can champ the remaining top tier characters (e.g. Vulture, Morbius, Mantis), other good/enjoyable characters (e.g. Mockingbird, Ghost, SM 2099), feeders for good 5* (e.g. Shuri, Throg). Maybe this plan will change when I hit SCL10 and feel like I need some higher level 5* for PVE.

LL 
    I'm liking the look of Odin and Shang-Chi, so will probably start pulling once Electro has left.

CP 
    Currently saving for anniversary store. Debating whether to start pulling from classics or save for another store (preferably one with BRB as I think my roster could really do with him).
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Never did one of these reports before. But I followed this thread when there was more activity. When your roster is still growing you can compare your progress to others and that's kinda interesting. 
    Day: 1840
    Shield Rank: 203
    My hoard: 3572 CP and 11 LT's
    22K HP
    Still not iso-positive!
    My roster:
    1*s: All rostered, some champed for DDQ
    2*s: Farming
    3*s: Farming
    4*s: All champed except Loki (I only champ 4*s when they have at least 10 saved covers).
    I'm afraid of farming 4*s because I'm already at 279 roster slots and it might burn my HP. So I decided to keep it slow once a 4-star reaches Level 360 (Peggy and Valkyrie are my highest at 362). My strategy is to only apply covers from there on and save the shards. Once a character is at 370 with covers I might have enough shards to champ him.
    5*s: 58 rostered (only Shang-Chi missing). 45 champed and 13 un-champed.
    My goal is to champ all of them because of the weekly god-boosts that helf a lot on PvP.
    My 13 unchamped 5*s are:
    • Thor: He's at 5/5/3 and I could champ him but my Okoye is only level 459 so I'll wait.
    • Mister Sinister: Missing 1 cover. He is favourited right now.
    • Silver Surfer: Missing 1 cover. Will be finished by Reed Richards soon.
    • Black Suit Spider-Man: Missing 1 cover. Will be finished by one of the spider-guys soon. 
    • Star-Lord: Missing 1 cover. Will be finished by Drax soon.
    • Doctor Doom: Missing 2 covers. Susan Storm is favourited right now to finish him.
    • Ronan: Missing 2 covers. Is a 490 shards and will be featured next week in PvE and PvP. So will be finished soon.
    • Green Goblin: Missing 3 covers. One will come from milestones in a few weeks the others from his feeder Sandman.
    • Havok: Missing 4 covers. Has no feeder. I'm hoping for a store in the near future.
    • Odin (0/1/1) and Electro (0/2/2) will hopefully be champed when I try to champ Shang-Shi in a few weeks.
    • And then there is the problem child: Cyclops. I had to skip him in Latest because I had not enough pulls. He has no feeder and was not featured in special stores as of now. I really don't see him finished in the next months.
    My goal for the future will be to champ every latest character before he leaves latest. I've managed to do that since the release of Storm (with Cyclops being the only exception). I'm also hoping to be iso-positive after this year's anniversary.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Edited.

Day: Way too much (2000 and something) turns out 2061
    SR: I think 171, could be 173, I don't have the game with me when posting this - ha, is 172!
    Slots - quite a lot, late 200's for sure - 272 slots it seems
    HP - I think abount 17k as I did spend recently on a few things
    Iso - NOT post iso which is very annoying! However with over 100 champed 4* I am not in a hurry to bring up the straddlers below but will champ them, especially once they start getting saved covers. I would like to put some iso into my undercovered 5's also, especially the ones who are only a few covers off being champed
    5* all rostered bar Shang Chi, 9 champs highest is Jessica Jones
    4* all champed apart from Kate Pryde, Lizard and Spider-Ham (all fully covered awaiting spare iso) and Alligator Loki who is 3/3/3
    3* Farming - mostly all max champed, I think Doom and Colossus are exceptions as were sold whilst dupes not maxed, otherwise farming a fair few dupes - just re-max champed Daken and Colossus is at 259 I think
    2* Farming

Hoarding until Shang Chi arrives in LL - unfortunately I took a hit on his CP store and come up empty handed so hoard was depleted, not that it was massive to begin with. I also had to spend a lot of LT's to nab Odin.

Favourited:
    5* Scarlet Witch simply as she is close to spitting out a cover. After this I plan to change to Iceman who is 5/5/2 and make him my 10th champ. However I do also have 535 5* shards which I could use for this purpose.
    4* Alligator Loki
    3* Currently Magneto as close to good CP reward but otherwise variable

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    5*:
    I champed Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) 452
    Okoye (5/2/1) I leveled to 375
    Jessica Jones (4/2/2) is my 5* bonus hero, leveled to 300 but I'm going to bring her up to 375. If i get a non-red bonus, I'll move my BH to Okoye.

I switched over to only spending into latest when kingpin landed in there, mostly just to see if i could. not looking great so far:
    Kitty: 2/2/0 (before she left latest)
    Kingpin: 1/0/2
    Cable: 1/3/1
    GE Doom: 0/2/0

4* 
    I've decided to force-feed my Chavez up to champ Jessica Jones, who has been my bonus hero most of the season. She is up to 293, i need to take her all the way to 360 to do it. I'm not going to chase new 4*s to shield training eligible until i get there - even after champing 1 5* they are already mostly just champ reward factories aside from a few.

Once I get JJ over, I'm going to switch to Shuri (lvl 278)/Okoye - though Okoye will need a bonus hero of her own to get to 13 that way.

I could have gotten to Lumbercap (1/4/4) faster via Bucky, but I didn't want a bucky that much higher than everybody else and Lumbercap doesn't strike me as being as good a partner for GR as JJ does. 
     Not sure if I’ve checked in on this thread since the quoted post, but it was the most recent I found easily.

Currently:
    Day: 2041
    Shield Rank: 195 and 3/4
    Roster Slots: 237

5*: all but Shang Chi on roster
    40 champs, Ronan and Loki covered but waiting on iso

4*: all champed save alligator Loki who is 4/4/4 and my only dupe, Chavez, who is 2/3/5 behind my only max-champ. 

3* one of each on roster, just flip them as they hit 266 so I have 9 in various states of rebuilding

2*: on my fourth champed bagman, I only keep 3 2*s champed at a time and  champ whichever happens to have the most saved covers whenever one of the three maxes out.

1*: I switched from Spider Man to Juggernaut, I just keep the one though.

Current Favs:
    5* Goblin (4/3/4, 5 million iso and that milestone quest will give me the last one after this one)
    4* Kingpin (4.5 more to champ Daredevil)
    3* Bullseye

at the end of 2018 when Fi5K was coming out, I went all in on latest legends spending as I go. It wasn’t until GE Doom that i was able to champ somebody still in latest, but I have been able to stay current with just a few exceptions since then. Across that time bonus heroes turned to shards, and eventually shards rolled out into progression in SCL 10, and I’ve been able to work backwards on classics. Lately I’ve been going back into Classics with CP as I get the next out of latest covered, then when they drop out I go back all in on latest. I was able to get Ronan done that way, and I’ll see if it works for Electro.
  • Sekilicious
    edited November 2021
    I forgot this thread existed. It will be a better spot for my recording my tracking estimate for roster progress than making a new thread I think.

4* - 21 champed with 8 @ lvl 280+. 45 fully covered waiting on iso with 1@ 10 saved. 21 with 10+ covers, remaining 28 with between 1 and 9 covers.

I’m pretty happy with the 3 or so 4* covers I get per PvP and PvE events.  I can also roster all but 5 5* (Havok, Heimdall, Killmonger, Mister Sinister, and Onslaught) through feeders. My CP acquisition can be higher as I have not been reaching full progression in PvP lately because I have a life outside of the game. Luckily (lol) that will be slowing down a bit, perhaps also allowing me to play SCL10 PvE with the BRB/Polaris/Th4nos winfinite more often. My Current 5* plan is to continue to hoard CP to wait for Kitty or BRB to show up in a special store or I reach 300 pulls. I have been spending LL to acquire the newest 5* as it enters the store so that may take a while. Although it will be tempting to spend the hoard on Shang-Chi it will probably better to wait it out since I will be unlikely to be able to fully cover him before he leaves the LL.
    OK, it is the beginning of the anniversary event and I just unloaded a moderate hoard so this is a good time to update. 

SR 133, Day 673, 254 roster spots (hp for 264)

Hoard - 63 LL (still averaging around 2.5 pulls a day for the last 78 days).

5* - 42/61 rostered, highest are Kitty 6/4/3, Apocalypse 6/2/3, BRB 2/2/3
    4* - 27 champed with 18 at lvl 280+, 51 fully covered, the rest being worked on
    3* - 18 max champed with 16 duplicates
    2* - 14 max champed with 14 duplicates
    1* - Spidey and Juggernaut maxed, Storm @ lvl 35, 1 MBW for donation.

So the hoard got me pretty close to champed Kitty. So I should be able to stick to SCL10 soon enough after I get her remaining shards. After I choose between Apocalypse and BRB as my second 5* champ though I plan on seeing where my hoard is at when Shang-Chi is ready to rotate. Still missing a way to roster (Havok, Heimdall, Mister Sinister, and Onslaught) but not really concerned at this point. They should get feeders eventually.

*edit - pulled pink Kitty cover, bringing her to 5/5/3 on Day 679. I’m pretty stoked!
    **edit - pulled from LL when Odin rotated to cover Shang-Chi at 5/3/5 on Day 710
    ***edit - champed Shang-Chi on Day 725. RIP MMR.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

OK, it is the beginning of the anniversary event and I just unloaded a moderate hoard so this is a good time to update. 

So the hoard got me pretty close to champed Kitty. So I should be able to stick to SCL10 soon enough after I get her remaining shards. After I choose between Apocalypse and BRB as my second 5* champ though I plan on seeing where my hoard is at when Shang-Chi is ready to rotate. Still missing a way to roster (Havok, Heimdall, Mister Sinister, and Onslaught) but not really concerned at this point. They should get feeders eventually.

Lokigator feeds Heimdall.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

I would switch out Th4nos for 1* Juggs for your BRB team. You'll save a lot of health packs in the long run. The only time that I really ever use Thanos over Juggs is for the challenge node with 4* Juggs on I think Thick as Thieves. And honestly for most challenge nodes you can get by with using Kitty, Rocket and Polaris. Also, this is more of a luxury but if you rostered 1* Iron Man then he could also help you to farm experience so you could level up a little faster.
  • Sekilicious
    Solid advice. My R3 Carol’s Communicator helps mitigate health packs as well.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Solid advice. My R3 Carol’s Communicator helps mitigate health packs as well.
    Yup. I have an R4 for that support and it really helps out against mindless goons and their stupid attack tiles. I once got down to like 5k health for Kitty before I was able to get rid of their last attack tile and then Kitty was able to heal up almost completely just by matching all of the friendly tiles. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Day: 1062
    SR: 118

5*
    19/60 rostered
    My highest are at lvl 330:
    Apocalypse (2/3/3), Colossus (1/5/2), Cyclops (3/1/1), Deadpool (2/1/3), Kitty (2/1/2), Prof. X (3/1/2), S Witch (4/2/2), Old Man Logan (5/0/1), Yellowjacket (3/1/3)

4*
    112/115 rostered (the last 3 can be rostered through shards if required)
    39 champions. 2 more ready to be champed (although they are Ant Man and Winter Soldier, so no rush on those)

3*
    All rostered. Some starting to reach max champ, so have been re-rostered. The first three max champs I sold because I still needed roster space for 4*. Now I have plenty of HP so may keep max champs for the time being, although it is still tempting to sell them for the ISO.

2*
    All rostered (recently added Bag Man since I have plenty of HP). I sell the max champ as soon as I have a new one to roster.

1*
    Was just using Iron Man for ages. I decided to add Juggernaut because of all the talk of him being useful with Polaris and BRB (not that I have BRB yet). Also rostered Storm to help me towards the 1* milestone and see if the little extra XP is worth it to help get me to SR 120.

Plans
    I'm in no rush to get into 5* land so will focus on using ISO for 4* so I can champ the remaining top tier characters (e.g. Vulture, Morbius, Mantis), other good/enjoyable characters (e.g. Mockingbird, Ghost, SM 2099), feeders for good 5* (e.g. Shuri, Throg). Maybe this plan will change when I hit SCL10 and feel like I need some higher level 5* for PVE.

LL 
    I'm liking the look of Odin and Shang-Chi, so will probably start pulling once Electro has left.

CP 
    Currently saving for anniversary store. Debating whether to start pulling from classics or save for another store (preferably one with BRB as I think my roster could really do with him).
    I've spent a couple of months in SCL10 now, so maybe a good time for an update.

Day: 1135
    SR: 128

5*
    30/63 rostered
    My highest are at lvl 330 (changes in bold):
    Apocalypse (3/5/5), Colossus (1/5/2), Cyclops (3/1/1), Deadpool (2/1/4), Dr. Strange (2/2/1), Kitty (3/3/2), Knull (1/2/2), Odin (1/3/1), Prof. X (3/1/2), S Witch (4/2/2), Shang-Chi (3/2/1), Old Man Logan (5/1/1), Yellowjacket (3/1/3)

4*
    All rostered 
    46 champions
    ~20 ready to be champed

3*
    Farming (I typically sell the max champ when the dupe is ready to be champed)

2*
    Farming (I sell the max champ as soon as I have a new one to roster)

1*
    Juggernaut

Plans
    SCL10 PVE is working out fine for me. I've never been a big fan of PVE so I'm pleased that I can get 50 5* shards with barely any effort and sometimes will go for an extra 75 as that can be done with little more than single clears. Very occasionally I might go for full progression and don't find it to be much trouble just time consuming. I can also typically manage at least the 1st clear of the CN. Given that I'm managing fine with PVE and enjoying my current MMR in PVP, I'm sticking to my plan of focusing on champing the 4*s, although occasionally levelling a 5* up to a max of 330. 

LL 
    Just started hoarding again. I'll probably skip Gamora. Sersi looks good, but not sure how much of a hoard I'll have managed to build up by the time Gamora leaves.

CP 
    After the anniversary store I decided to switch to spending on classics. I figure it'll help me expand my 5* roster and increase my shield rank more quickly, thus getting me more ISO to help champ the 4*s.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed Blob at the weekend meaning I now have every 4* champed bar Ikaris who is something like 3/2/2. I am down to 178k-ish iso though but I guess that isn't a big problem for now.
    My pursuit of Shang Chi though has been stalled at a frustrating 7/3/2. I am close to another cover via shards though but my last 5* draws went Ultron, Ultron, Ultron, Ultron, Ultron, Ultron, Gamora, Gamora, Gamora. So I guess only 3 more Gamora before it switches back to Shang?!?!
  • Sekilicious
    edited February 2022

*edit - pulled pink Kitty cover, bringing her to 5/5/3 on Day 679. I’m pretty stoked!
    **edit - pulled from LL when Odin rotated to cover Shang-Chi at 5/3/5 on Day 710
    ***edit - champed Shang-Chi on Day 725. RIP MMR.

So today is my Devil Dinosaur Day!! (I'm getting a Silver Surfer instead but whatever). Two years exactly that I have logged onto the game and it only took me 5 years to get here after retiring a couple of times. I started when Dr. Strange was in LL, way back in Nov. 2016. I can't remember when the first time I quit was, but it was probably after Gamora was released in May 2017. I'm sure I was a 3* player, but my strategy was anything but efficient so who knows if I made it that far for sure. I had another run between Thor (Nov 2017) and Spider-Man (May 2018) where I retired after getting Capt. Marvel, Carnage, Medusa, Grocket, and Gamora champed (in that order). Then returned for Silk (Jan 2021) and have been annoying this forum ever since. Good time to update. 

SR 141, Day 730, roster spots 261. 

Hoard - pitiful after blowing it all on Shang-Chi.

5* - 53/63 rostered, SC only champ, Kitty at 5/5/3 softcapped at lvl 330. Apocalypse 5/2/4, Ultron 2/5/4, BRB 4/3/3, remaining below 6 covers. I still don't have a path to Havok and Onslaught but it is only a matter of time I imagine. 
    4* - 38 champs, 54 fully covered, 26 being worked on. 
    3* - 14 max champs with duplicates. Not sure I will maintain max champs until much later. I just need the iso.
    2* - 3 max champed, remaining being cycled. 
    1* - Spidey and Juggernaut maxed, Storm @ lvl 35, 3 MBW, 1 Spidey, 1 Juggernaut for donation, remaining rostered since I raided my 3* farm. Someday they will all be sold except Juggernaut.

Shang-Chi makes SCL10 pretty easy even if I can't do 20 minute clears yet. I guess that is my current goal, develop a team that can reduce the amount of time committed to PvE.  PvP hasn't changed all that much in that I still rely on a small percentage of my roster, get beat up a lot, but can hold my own offensively.  I think once Apoc, BRB, probably Ultron and hopefully Sersi are covered I will commit fully to 5*. Ideally, I will be able to champ every release going forward though I am going to wait to see what my hoard is like until Gamora is ready to rotate out before I decide whether I am going to pull for her. If I can fully cover the new releases I will hoard the remaining for my wish list of Thor, Onslaught, and Sighclops. Colossus and Switch would be nice as well.

*edit - Apocalypse fully covered (5/3/5) on Day 749, champed on 756. Ultron (4/5/4) also covered today.
    **edit - Kitty promoted day 755. BRB fully covered and also champed day 756. Switch favourited characters strategy to collect my missing 5*s. 
    ***edit - Daredevil roster on Day 791. All characters now currently rostered.