How long until Prof X is gone?

Options

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Two weeks from the CP store closing, that would actually be the same as most 5's. It just feels late because we had an extra week when he was in HP stores before the CP store opened in the first place.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yea my comments are 100% sarcastic as well as my reply. Any offense taken by my comments I ask you to read in a sarcastic view point with no harm intended

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Mine was as well. It's not like you did it.

• PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options

Now I'm at the point of guessing that on Monday we'll get an all new exciting Latest shards store!

25% chance of pulling 250 5* shards or some stupid colorless trade off like that.

• wymtime
    Options

So at this point in time I had been planning on pulling my hoard and covering Sinister. With a new 5* coming next week I think I will be holding off until carnage leaves packs and going for BRB sinister, new 5*. I will probably pull till I get one Sinister when he goes into LL and wait.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I had been predicting 3/19/20 for the NEW5 to enter Latests, but now I don't know what to think.

What if they have some different approach with shards in PVE? Some different way of handling stores or something.

What if they want to make Latests have more than 3 5's in it?

What if there was some snafu, and they meant to do it today, and something happened? Or maybe they do plan to do it next Monday and always did.....

I guess we will see whenever whatever will happen, happens.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What if they communicated?

crazy I know

• Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options

My theory is more simple you all 5* lovers. Devs are waiting for Karnak events to finish so he can enter LL instead of Northstar. Boom!, thanks and good nite. ✌🏻🤓

• bluewolf
    edited February 2020
    Options

I don't if you're just joking around or not....

But the "Latest" 5's are called such because they Latest Legendary tokens only contain 3 5's (at a 5% drop rate per 5, on average etc) and the devs update them on as new 5's are released, or have up until receently, on a fairly predictable schedule. New 5 comes in, oldest "Latest" is now moved Classics along with 37 or so others.

A "Latest" 4 is much less obvious and it is based on observing that the devs run the last-3-released 4's on a frequent basis as PVE rewards such that you typically see the pattern of LLLCC. Becoming a "Latest" happens, also, when the new 4 (or 4s) enter tokens which still always happens at the start of the new PVP season (the morning before it opens, usually).

Also....MODOK is the oldest "Latest" 4, so he's the one you'll see much less of in PVE (as in every 2 1/2 years, give or take a month) once Karnak is in tokens and becomes heavily featured in PVE rewards. Karolina will still be around for a while.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

[quote=bluewolf]I had been predicting 3/19/20 for the NEW5 to enter Latests, but now I don't know what to think.[/quote]

Well that's still almost a month away, so just wait and see I guess.

🤣

• wymtime
    Options

I look at it this way. According to the sneak peak (could be wrong) the next 3 events are classic 5*. This would take us to latest 5* being essential starting Monday March 2nd. If that event is Carnage then the 5th should be a boss event and BRB and Sinister will be essential the week of March 9th. There will then be 2 classic 5* essential taking us to the 19th. This means only 2 PVE events without a championed essential 5* for me.

i currently have 380 pulls available so to pull to get 1 sinister makes sense for me personally and then go all in for the 3 latest. They might be on the verge of changing how they put 5* in latest but I still think they will get the next 5* into packs quickly as I think the delay on Sinister is a separate issue. I might be wrong but let’s see what they do

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

i amazed that PX is still kept in the latest..... is the the longest 5* that was kept in the latest pool?

• bluewolf
    Options

This is. Him. He is the record holder.

I assume (?) Professor will finally move out tomorrow (Monday) and have been in Latests for 24 weeks.

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Well that explains why I have actually been able to get him fully covered where I haven’t been able to do so before, because I have had nearly half a year to do it...

• Mrcl25
    Mrcl25 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options

Or perhaps now the last released 5* (Sinister) will only enter latest when the next 5* is released.

• wymtime
    Options

At this point in time I would not be surprised if Sinister and the new 5* both went into packs when the new season starts.

who knows what thoughts go through the minds of Dev’s? The Shadow knows!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Data push- no Sinister.

Wow...

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

I can see two plausible options right now:

(1) sinister was delayed manually to avoid him being essential this week right after going into LTs.

(2) as part of the ongoing, massive overhaul of the 5* reward structures (shards, CL 10 etc), some bigger change to LTs is on the way and so we are in stasis while that next change is being finalized.

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I literally do not want to hold onto tokens/CP anymore. Roster progress has stalled out to zero.

If they are not even going to put new characters into tokens, what even is the point?