How long until Prof X is gone?

Comments

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2020
    X at 463, Carbage at 457, BRB currently 4/2/3. 

Incidentally my Iceman landed at 465. Under the previous system this was a pretty normal average for me. With my highest pull rate being GED at 477, lowest was Fatpin at 2/5/1. 

Pulling as I go as well.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:

Incidentally my Iceman landed at 465. Under the previous system this was a pretty normal average for me. With my highest pull rate being GED at 477, lowest was Fatpin at 2/5/1. 

Pulling as I go as well.
    You never got 5kp covered?!  Good on you for staying with the game after being so monumentally screwed by rng.  I would have brought out the pitchforks for sure had I been robbed of such a powerhouse. . .
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    jp1 said:

Pulling as I go as well.
    You never got 5kp covered?!  Good on you for staying with the game after being so monumentally screwed by rng.  I would have brought out the pitchforks for sure had I been robbed of such a powerhouse. . .
    It was heartbreaking for sure. Thankfully I was blessed with a fully covered and evenly distributed Wa5p to make up for it. Otherwise I may have walked away.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    jp1 said:
    Vhailorx said:
    jp1 said:

Pulling as I go as well.
    It was heartbreaking for sure. Thankfully I was blessed with a fully covered and evenly distributed Wa5p to make up for it. Otherwise I may have walked away.

Call. 'Dat. Swarm!
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I've got similar lopsided issues with the Professor. I save LTs until there's a new 5* then pull only until I get 1 cover. I've been doing this since I started playing (on day 815 now). For the 5*s released in the last year (date shown is date of release not date they went into the LT vault):

01/16/2019 Doom 2/1/1
    02/28/2019 Captain Marvel 2/4/0
    03/28/2019 Hela 3/1/0
    05/16/2019 Rescue 2/0/2
    06/06/2019 Storm 1/0/2
    07/18/2019 Iceman 5/2/2 with 0 saved
    08/22/2019 ProfX 4/5/4 with 4 saved
    10/31/2019 Carbage at 1/0/0
    12/05/2019 BRB at 0/1/0

Obviously, with my strategy I could get more Carbage and BRB covers when the next 5* comes out and I do another pull, so those have a good chance of increasing. But my Prof X and Iceman surplus is because it took me 133 LT pulls to get a single Carbage cover, not because of the length of time Chuck's been in the store. I forget how many BRB pulls it took but seem to recall it was somewhere in the 20's.
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Now that the new 5* has come out with it's own Special Store, anyone cares to venture when Prof X should leave the Latest Legends and join Classic?

I'm sitting on 62 LL and 1250 CP trying to decide if I pull everything now or wait another 2 months to see what comes out after Sinister.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jacklag said:
    Now that the new 5* has come out with it's own Special Store, anyone cares to venture when Prof X should leave the Latest Legends and join Classic?

I'm sitting on 62 LL and 1250 CP trying to decide if I pull everything now or wait another 2 months to see what comes out after Sinister.
    My guess is a week from today, or two weeks from the close of his HP store.  So, 2/20/20.  That's what happened with Carnage.

BRB probably would have followed that pattern, but that date would have been 12/26 when the devs were out of the office.  So they pushed him early vs very late (after they came back).
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Jacklag said:

My guess is a week from today, or two weeks from the close of his HP store.  So, 2/20/20.  That's what happened with Carnage.

BRB probably would have followed that pattern, but that date would have been 12/26 when the devs were out of the office.  So they pushed him early vs very late (after they came back).
    Carnage and BRB were both 2 weeks after release not from close of the HP store.  This would mean it is possible Sinister goes into LL today.  Professor X was the one who took a long time to go into packs since he was the teat for releasing with a HP store.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prof X is in latests? I wouldn't know it considering that the game only gives me freaking Carnage covers.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok I am kind of disappointed Sinister has not popped into Latest packs yet.  I was hoping to cover BRB and get Sinister covers at the same time.  Boo Urns
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2020
    I was hoping he would be in there today as well.
    My guess is that the delay is PX being in HFH. Lordy, the pandemonium that would ensue here if he was in classics but being sold for 500 CP. Or their codebase has the cost in HFH convolutely tied to which store they are in and a half price drop would lead to similar pandemonium here on the forum.
    Maybe we'll get lucky and the store will change tomorrow.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 577 Critical Contributor
    If it were today, it would have happened by now.  Right?
  • PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    If it were today, it would have happened by now.  Right?
    Yeah, usually around noon EST
  • bluewolf
    edited February 2020
    *sigh*

Sadly the forum loses actual dates from posts after they are active for a while.  So I can’t reference the thread that opened when Carbage entered Latests. 

But my memory is absolutely that Carnage entered Latests 2 weeks after his HP store closed. It was open for a week until October 31, and he entered two weeks after that, on November 14. 

So I will bet you 13 million iso that Sinister enters a week from today like I said. 

BRB didn’t follow that for the reason I already stated, the devs were out of the office on the scheduled date.

2 weeks from store close has been their guiding principle.  Used to be there was just the CP store. With 5BuckChuck they went two weeks from his CP store close.  Then they apparently decided to use the HP store close as their guide. 
  • GreenArmadillo
    GreenArmadillo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Why can't they just announce this in advance? This question happens every release. Is there really money to be made plus or minus if people don't know the date of the changeover?
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker

Is he just a permanent fixture in LL now?

Developer comments state next 5 at the end of Feb so arent we due for a rotation. I thought for sure it would be after PX5 finished his last run as an essential in Valentine's Day.

• bluewolf

Tomorrow, 2/20/20, should be the date.......

Around 10 AM EDT or so.

I will be truly surprised if not.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards

So does that mean we will get details of the new 5* today then? Not that we get details of anything much any more but hey to the ho.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Almost certainly not. The two have never been related, don't see that changing now.

We'll get details on the new 5* most likely next week, just a few days before the release, like normal.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards

It's starting to feel like Chuck is going to take up permanent residence in latest tokens...