How long until Prof X is gone?

Options

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Are you sure? I didn't see it. Sometimes the app resets and you get the loading screen regardless of whether there was a data push.

They've been doing them pretty early over the last few weeks, I would not be surprised it if it was done this morning before 9am - I think I did get a loading screen at that point but I had also opened up other apps which does the above.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It’s like an alliance event where each hit of the boss gets you closer to progression.

They’re implementing a feature where we’ll have a progression bar in the Latests store for the entire playerbase. Each purchase moves the bar and gets us closer to them switching tokens.

Really though, my new theory is next season they’ll switch. Devs are tired of hitting the button more than once per season (4* and 5* token switch). This cuts the work in half!

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

Whereas I wish they would move the 4s to token in the way they do (or maybe did) move 5s in rather than every season.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So I went back and found this thread

it shows Professor X went into latest 2 weeks after CP store. Carnage went in 11/14 2 weeks after HP store closed, BRB was also early and now we have Sinister just waiting. One of the issues this now causes is if players champ him when he gets into Latest they will not get the new character boost.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@wymtime said: "One of the issues this now causes is if players champ him when he gets into Latest they will not get the new character boost."

(sorry for the bootleg quote; this new text editor is impractical)

That definitely widens the have/have not gap on releases.

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The obvious solution is to keep introducing new 5* characters and then never put them into latest. The goal is apparently to now get everyone to have a 550 Prof.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My 5PX only has 9 covers so I don't mind this much :)

• Daredevil217
    Options

Well you can get to 10 covers by buying the "Brain Freeze" bundle (best bundle/store name ever btw) for the low low price of 40 USD.

Developers missed the mark here. Why purchase shards for a character that will be in tokens until the end of eternity?

• Kingart813
    Kingart813 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options

Wow, still no Sinister!? Does the new 5 star go live this Thursday?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes, Prof X went into tokens 2 weeks after his Legendary store ended, which is exactly the same as every other 5* before him, despite the fact that he had a "heroic token" release. Carnage, however, went into tokens two weeks after the Heroic store ended, so the Thursday prior. To complicate matters further, Beta Ray Bill entered tokens like a week before either, which we chalked up to people being out for the holidays so could not do the data push.

• peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options

I believe the only other character that was ever later than 2 weeks past close of Legendary store ending was 5* Fisk, who entered LL a few days late due to timing around New Year's (I think).

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I pulled 3 classics just because I was bored. So bored....

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

I got flagged? Why?!?!?!

For spam - how is that spam? It is just a joke - please provide to me what other comments in this thread advance towards the answer to the OPs question - we are all "twisting in the wind" with a lack of answers from the Devs. If I end up with any sort of warning from this I shall be contesting it in the strongest terms possible as totally unjustified and as humour intended.

@fight4thedream @IceIX and any other controllers of this board this has really irked me and I would welcome clarification on what rules have been broken here.

• PinkoMcFlyToo
    PinkoMcFlyToo Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options

I've gone through my physical LTs because of boredom and this new anticipation that Carnage will be yanked out at the same time as Prof X.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Anyone can flag any comment, I wouldn't take it too seriously. Someone could have even just clicked on it by accident.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,715 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Fun with flags? You really shouldn’t use the internet if a flag upsets you that much. Shrug and move on I doubt they will see what you posted as infraction worthy 😊

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe the flagging party is anti MJ, or pro Garfield/Holland... 🤷‍♂️

• Daredevil217
    edited February 2020
    Options

Is this legitimately an option/thing that could happen? I’d either need to likely add tons of levels to my Professor to where he’s way higher than everyone else in order to champ Carnage, or just skip Carnage completely so he leaves Latests a paltry 0/0/2.

Neither of these are ideal situations. I’d likely skip which would really suck. It just leads to me hoarding more and frustrates me as a customer. Both are things I’m guessing that are counter to their goals, but I have no idea at this point.

This is once again a situation where some communication would be great. The amount of money, time, and effort people put into building their hoards so they can build their roster is not inconsequential. So it’d be great to have a heads up on what to expect.

@IceIX could you at least tell us whether or not Sinister will be entering tokens before the next 5*?