Pandas of DOOM - Alliance Chat

Comments

• lone star (* tournament) has hood covers and top 100 alliances get a yellow hood. I managed to finish top 5 in all 3 events tonight, and i know sinner was banging the **** out of it too, he's in 2 of my brackets and got top 2 in the hard mode. lone star would put my hood up past 100, but he'd be 245, which is terrible.

anyone know how the alliance finished? i think we were #73 last i check, but that was before the last 90 minutes which were grindtastic.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was a little surprised to see a fellow panda in there blood icon_e_biggrin.gif Let's make it a race to the top of our main bracket.

Yeah I really did well that first round and for once the tokens actually paid out (2 daredevils, 1 blue panther). Along with No Holds Barred tourney, I completed Daredevil 5/3/5... yay? icon_lol.gif

Sadly I cant even enter the Lone Star tournament. I only have Storm left as a * and I dont have the iso or tokens to even participate in that one...

I think our alliance finished around 60 and 70 last I checked.
  • you can get by with 2 *'s and an unleveled hawkeye or black widow as x/5 or 2/5 supports, but yeah, if you only have one guy, that's harsh :/. i only have BW cause i used her (at level 6!) vs level 180 daken and jug icon_e_wink.gif

you will get 3-4k iso from the alliance in a minute, that's not going to get you near a level 50 though :/
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    bloodwars wrote:
    lone star (* tournament) has hood covers and top 100 alliances get a yellow hood. I managed to finish top 5 in all 3 events tonight, and i know sinner was banging the **** out of it too, he's in 2 of my brackets and got top 2 in the hard mode. lone star would put my hood up past 100, but he'd be 245, which is terrible.

anyone know how the alliance finished? i think we were #73 last i check, but that was before the last 90 minutes which were grindtastic.

We stayed #73 with ~483K points after the rounds finished. I got top5/top2 rewards and still await something other than 2* cover from these highly trained tokens...

And it's totally possible to place respectably in lone star with non maxed chars. Last time I also had just Storm ~40-45, and Widow ~35, and added Juggernaut up to 25 levels through the event. If you have roster space, that's about 7K ISO for Juggs, you can get that much when the new sim rounds are fresh. Had to play mostly in forest/jungle of course, but got a couple of Psylocke covers. And did she come in handy this first round, wow! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • sinnerjfl
    Picked up some Juggernaut & Iron Man covers but there's no way I can get them to the level needed for the Lone Star tournament. I'd need around 40k ISO to level them up icon_e_confused.gif And im not buying ISO in the store, it is exploitative at the price it is.
    The only rewards I'd like are in the top10, that aint happening haha.

Im gonna keep them for the next time they pull this... Shouldnt have sold my IM 35 level 50 a few weeks ago.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah its hard to commit to leveling one star guys again but i am set up pretty well since the jug event gave me reason to max out Mstorm and i had juggs maxed from my initial nub stages. I re-leveled a fresh iron man for the last lone star. I agree don't buy ISO just for lone star. Either way i should be able to get my 5th blue hood. I checked towards the end of the event all the alliances bracketing us were 11-10 so we did just about as well as we could i imagine.
  • I am packing venom storm and IM35. I keep venom around so he can swallow 230s with spider help. Storm is just too ace to lose and iron man is, well, he's iron man innit. Can't quit on iron man!

That said, I find lone star hard to place in because you can't heal or rotate characters.
  • MaxCavalera
    edited March 2014
    MAdnRisKy wrote:
    I am packing venom storm and IM35. I keep venom around so he can swallow 230s with spider help. Storm is just too ace to lose and iron man is, well, he's iron man innit. Can't quit on iron man!

That said, I find lone star hard to place in because you can't heal or rotate characters.

I previously had kept Mstorm at 40 so jug could tank all her colors really cut down on Health packs but I kind of forgot about that plan when i leveled her to 50 doh.
  • MaxCavalera
    Kolence has become out first new commander! woot woot (need image of panda wearing green beret) and coincidentally recruitment is back open.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    As I've said in PM, it's still all yours to run it. I am OK with contributing when I can. And hopefully we end up having better chance overall to place good by growing. Or just keep our heads above water icon_e_smile.gif .

How are levels for you all this second round? Whether it is from to much play/using healing from OBW/harder combination of opponents, but I am having real trouble this time around.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    you can heal anyone (beisdes BW, unless you got spidey) doing swap outs.

if you want iso, you can farm the **** shield pvp or you can go to the first prologue map with 2x 200 health soldiers and farm them for up to 2.2k iso/hour. to do it fast click the node, hit space bar twice, (use black widow) click fight, click fight, hit space to close the popup, make 2 blue/black/purple matches, click the >> button, hit the space bar until your back to prologue. using space ups your iso gain from ~1.5k to about 2.2k an hour. yay for animation skipping!

it's incredibly boring, but iso is free. that's why my guys are always maxed.

also, for the 3rd slot, having a 2/5 widow or 0/5 hawkeye at level 1 is fine, since their skills don't ramp with level at all.
  • Kolence wrote:
    As I've said in PM, it's still all yours to run it. I am OK with contributing when I can. And hopefully we end up having better chance overall to place good by growing. Or just keep our heads above water icon_e_smile.gif .

How are levels for you all this second round? Whether it is from to much play/using healing from OBW/harder combination of opponents, but I am having real trouble this time around.

that OBW/mag/bp node is a bit silly, since you can't use OBW (my spidey is 28), bp has the highest damage aoe skill, and mags has the highest damage single target skill in game. no issue wit the others, using wolverine (117 buffed), lazy thor (102), IM40 (102), OBW (85), and doom (141 buffed). I do use the 2-color boosts liberally though.
  • MaxCavalera
    Yeah my levels jumped up in Hard mode quite a bit, I was surprised because I didn't really even have much time to grind out 500 iso rewards like i normally would try to do.
  • Hey Pandas,
    Let me know if you'll add me.

I play daily and am competitive with a relatively new account...I am on day 36 and have a deep roster that is leveling up quickly.

My roster (32):

4 stars-
    34 Invisible Woman, 30 Wolverine (X-force)

3 stars-
    38 Black Panther, 35 Punisher, 26 Spider-Man, 24 Daredevil, 20 Doom, 20 Hulk, 18 Wolvie (Patch), 15 Black Widow, 15 Iron Man, 15 Psylocke, 15 Magneto and 15 Loki

2 stars-
    47 Storm, 44 Ares, 40 Thor, 39 Magneto, 37 Black Widow, 35 Wolverine, 34 Hawkeye, 32 Cap America, 21 Daken, 18 Bullseye, 16 Moonstone and 8 Bagman

1 star-
    38 Iron Man, 22 Black Widow, 20 Storm, 20 Venom, 18 Juggernaut and 12 Hawkeye

Would love to join a fun and rising alliance...PM me if you'll have me.

Thanks,
    elshark81
  • Hi pandas.
    Hope you might consider letting me join. I am an active player with at least 3 hoursna day in. I have a well rounded team I am looking to grow and bulk up. Last I checked I was in the low 30s for the current event. Imortalbard is my name in game. Let me know if I can be of service.
  • nine00
    nine00 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Still looking for members? I'm looking to join an alliance. I play for a few hours each day and have this roster:

102 - Punisher
    85 - Ares
    85 - O Black Widow
    85 - MN Thor
    85 - A Wolverine
    77 - Doctor Doom
    69 - Moonstone
    46 - M Captain America
    38 - M40 Iron Man
    36 - Hulk

and about eleven 3-4* covers, level 15-30.
  • Hey guys,

I'd like to throw my name into the hat. I have a varied roster and am doing decent in the event thus far and am doing good in Lone Star, currently #24 in my bracket and plan on finishing top 5, if possible.

I've sent a PM with my roster. In the PM, I forgot to say I have a Lv. 40 Juggernaut too.

Thanks for considering me. icon_e_smile.gif
  • sinnerjfl
    Node 9 of the simulator is really really annoying. It's the one with the two goons feeding green AP to Lazy Thor. No matter what you do, youre gonna get a Call the Storm in the face by like turn 5 icon_mad.gif

Only reason I'm able to beat that node is thanks to Dr Doom and his 9000 HP since he's buffed.
  • I'd like to join. Top 10 in normal and hard mode first round, top ten again in second round

Grey widow- 106
    Spidey- 106
    IM 40- 86
    Thor Now- 85
    Classic Widow- 85
    Hood 73
    Classic storm 72

A number of 3*'s waiting for iso to be levelled
  • Hi, also requesting to join. In game name: pooptown. I put in a request in game so you can see my roster. Lemme know. Look forward to it