Random MPQ Thoughts

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Apparently Bagman's snark is strong enough that his quips can delay the explosion of grenades!
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If Emma Frost on the loading screen puts her head back in a rain storm, she could drown with that nose.... 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sometimes when I'm bored I like to do The Big Enchilada with 2*s Storm, Magneto, and Hawkeye.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Most of the issues with new release PvPs, I don't mind, but I do get kind of tired of going "No, MPQ, I don't want that single-cover Solar Flare Team-Up either. Same as I didn't want the last 8 of them."
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Am I the only one that thinks the image of Cap Worthy (not the cover, but how he looks when you add him on a team) makes him look cross-eyed?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't help but thinking about Northstar's black ability as something more tinykitty than 'Up North'. (Hint: it rhymes somewhat)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    OK, this is probably just sleep-dep induced, but it's been really amusing me to have Lockjaw as the featured character alongside Kitty, who I have the Lockheed support on. Not sure what it is about sharing a syllable like that that amuses me, but it does.
    Also, I kind of feel like, instead of Fortifying tiles, Lockheed should Lock them.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does Nightcrawler’s “everywhere at once” hit the enemy multiple times, like Wolfsbane or sabretooth? I was just using him on the DDQ and I’m pretty sure I somehow took out 2 enemies with it. If so, we’re all sleeping on the elf here. He could be nasty with okoye
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The 4e node of the Scotland Yard sub in the Thick as Thieves event--couldn't they have made it so the point value was anything OTHER THAN 666? I mean, 1 point up or down? Who came up with this?
  • TPF Alexis
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I love the display bug when you have a cascade in a wave with a bunch of enemies and take several of them out at once.
    Match-5 takes out Mindless One, Human Torch appears on screen.
    "Wolverine has arrived." (that doesn't look like Wolverine)
    "Wolverine downed!"
    "Captain Marvel has arrived." (that doesn't look like Captain Marvel either)
    Captain Marvel downed!"
    "Human Torch has arrived." (ah, there we are. finally)

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In order to try and cheer The Thing up as he was fed up sitting on the bench I took an all FF team into the Big Enchilada. He didn't fire a single power as Reed and Sue just battered everybody. Oh Ben...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Despite taking the available match-4s, the opponent's Prof X seems to get the next available match-4 anyway. Even when denying a match-4 when there are 2 available ones when disrupting the board with another match, they get a match-4 from a cascade when making a normal match-3..

I wonder how often it happens to other people.
    Professor X is the Match-4 King.  People are chasing him, whaling him.....he's the real deal.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I noticed this too. I even posted it in the Prof X's thread. I'm confident that the AI's Prof X (both rarities) and Teen Jean have some extra code tagged to them to make their passive abilities trigger more often than other characters. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Despite taking the available match-4s, the opponent's Prof X seems to get the next available match-4 anyway. Even when denying a match-4 when there are 2 available ones when disrupting the board with another match, they get a match-4 from a cascade when making a normal match-3..

I wonder how often it happens to other people.

Professor X is an enforcer of Murphy's Law. I've lost track of the number of times I've had runs of 4-5 fights without a single match-4+.
    On the flipside, he did let me get a couple of single-turn wins against Apocalypse, even one in round 8.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    I am probably wandering far too close to the madness of Conspiracies but I also noticed a pattern whilst using Jean in Apocalypse - against Poccy she was almost guaranteed at least that he would get a Match-5 which of course was almost completely useless on every turn it happened (I think maybe 1 time all his Horsemen were gone and he took damage). In one fight he hit 3 Match 5's in a row. Yet on her side node I don't remember the AI making a single match 5 or cascade into match 5...hmm...
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Professor X must be a mess during this run of Meet R&G. He's gotta go up against his step-brother, adopted sister and his ex-boyfriend. OK, I'm not sure if there's actually a continuity where all of those are canon, but MPQ mixes and matches continuities anyhow.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Wow. After a few runs of SCL10 PvE, PvP matches seem like they go so fast. Never thought I'd hit the point where 5-digit health pools on the opposing team felt like an easy match.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Shout out to Mr. Fantastic -  having him boosted for Venom Bomb with his Master of the Fantastic passive had been a lot of fun, free powers galore! 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I love Symbiote Snare Team-ups. Not when I get them, but when the AI has one. It feels like I just got to cancel out an enemy power for free!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I still hate Venom with all my might because of the pre-nerfed version of Symbiote snare (full team stun for 7 purple). The sound effect of that power makes me angry.