**** Mordo (Master of the Mystic Arts) **** Updated (8/7/17)

123457»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    He doesn't color swap enough tiles to he an effective battery.  And 10ap is too expensive for a good battery power anyway.

As i said, it's not a disaster, but it's also not good relative to the current 4* meta.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    He doesn't color swap enough tiles to he an effective battery.  And 10ap is too expensive for a good battery power anyway.

As i said, it's not a disaster, but it's also not good relative to the current 4* meta.
    No, but the colors he's going to swap aren't unknown; I've had pretty reliable matches firing this, and 5 Black AP returned is nothing to scoff at. Unless he's also your only Black user, I guess.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    If anybody is looking for an amusing combo this week while 2/3 of the characters are boosted try Mordo 5/5/3 with Nightcrawler and Cloak and Dager, you will be chewing through teams with Mordo's black.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also try him with Vulture. Mordo's blue is fed by Vulture's black which is in turn fed by Mordo's blue via the charged tiles it creates.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also try him with Vulture. Mordo's blue is fed by Vulture's black which is in turn fed by Mordo's blue via the charged tiles it creates.
    This is my PVE team with boosted Jean using all the green they generate. 
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2019
    If anybody is looking for an amusing combo this week while 2/3 of the characters are boosted try Mordo 5/5/3 with Nightcrawler and Cloak and Dager, you will be chewing through teams with Mordo's black.

Yeahhh, I feel both of you nail the concept: Mordo needs a feeder. But you can also take advantage of the fact that Mordo can contribute to the feeding himself, which creates a feedloop.
    I just champed Mordo. I knew his purple was pretty good, but didn't know what to do with his black/blue. Occasional charged tiles aren't that reliable as a self-feeding method and without a feeder he seemed quite slow and kinda meh.
    But he works well with Cloak&Dagger (thanks for the tip!)-- as they create black tiles, they keep the board well-supplied in black which means that there's a much better chance that you can take advantage of Mordo's charged tiles often and more reliably. From there, his black becomes extremely spam-y. I found Domino a great third, to complete the black board control. Besides MOAR black tiles%, you can reduce the non-black tiles (if your black tiles are islands) for better charged tile matches or cascades or use your black tiles to do damage. 'tis my new favourite Mordo team.