*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

1414243444547»

Comments

• Thanks for the replies. I'll try a 3*Cyclops and Quicksilver, that sounds like a great combo! Since my Cyclops is championned, I can up his Yellow power to 5 for this fight. Maybe I'll alternate between Loki and Quicksilver to see which is best.

As for 2*Capt. Marvel, I can try to see if waiting till I have 14 Yellow AP and set off 2 Strategic Commands in a row might convert then set off many trap tiles.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Daredevil's one of my favorite Marvel characters and I've been fighting myself like hell to love him in this game but he's still clearly a niche character. I think two additions that would make him at least mid-tier would be:
    • Make his red trap tile placeable when first created. Once matched by the player, I'm totally fine with it being placed randomly because most of the damage after that is fine not being guaranteed. The big drawback to this ability is that you can waste red AP on literally nothing. Even if the damage is reduced a bit and you can give the player some control of its first placement, it would make it a much easier pill to swallow rather than having to build an entire team around making his red effective (Loki/Cyke/etc). Imagine how rewarding he could be in PvP when you see a red match 4 you can put an ambush tile on and avoid disturbing? That seems so in line with how an ambush ability should work. In PvE, it would be less about those situations but more about the sustainable, long term damage you can hopefully get that at least has an immediate payoff.
    • Make purple include countdown tiles. Maybe at level 4 or something. It's probably still too expensive but there are few 3-stars that have countdown tile killing abilities while Jean/Spider-Woman in 4-star land have countdown killing purples. It should also include invisibility tiles just for the character's sake, but that's less important.

Those changes would make him significantly better in PvE and far less niche in PvP. There'd probably still be some tweaking required but I think those would be good steps.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    In the new engine, it seems like his red trap no longer activates if the enemy matches it when he's stunned, further weakening an already weak power. Considering selling him for ISO and HP after I'm done with championing him and get all the champion rewards. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2019
    himatako said:
    In the new engine, it seems like his red trap no longer activates if the enemy matches it when he's stunned, further weakening an already weak power. Considering selling him for ISO and HP after I'm done with championing him and get all the champion rewards. 
    He's a 3* who isn't im40, thanos, strange, or switch (and maybe if/cyclops/lazy cap).  Of course you sell him after you get a 267th cover.  Then you build him again.  . .
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx said:
    himatako said:
    He's a 3* who isn't im40, thanos, strange, or switch (and maybe if/cyclops/lazy cap).  Of course you sell him after you get a 267th cover.  Then you build him again.  . .
    I did that with lazy cap XD But yeah, I realized I should have done this with other 3* too. It's sad because DD is the first one who introduced Trap mechanic to the game and I was hoping that he will be better one day. Ah, well.