New Feature Coming - Targeting Heroes

Comments

• Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Wild speculation here, but I wonder if “Targeted Hero” covers and/or something similar to “shards” in so many other games will replace some of the progression/placement rewards in events.  

If so it’s likely going to be hella difficult to obtain targeted 5’s, but will probably be pretty useful for 4’s.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    xdogg said:
    IceIX said:
    turul said:
    Maybe the artwork should be gender unspecific... (maybe not bald also)
    That's just the artwork for that character in particular. He can't help that he's bald!
    And here I thought it was Okoye
    No.. it’s obviously a 5* invisible drax. So invisible that there was no need to do artwork for him

JK it’s 5* Professor X
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Would it be one single target hero you could work for overall, or multiple is possible, like say separate characters for the * tiers?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    MrEd95 said:

No.. it’s obviously a 5* invisible drax. So invisible that there was no need to do artwork for him

JK it’s 5* Professor X
    Lol, it does kinda look like Drax
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    IceIX said:
    Codex said:
    IceIX said:

By working with this new coming soon feature

By coming soon do you mean like how scl 10 is coming soon?
    This one is *not* coming on Valve time. I don't have a date to give right this second, but it's being QAed right now.
    I don’t want to split hairs here but what is “Value time”.  Does that mean the SL10 wasn’t important enough to roll out since the company didn’t see the Value and time to put into it? Just curious. 

Edit:  So this was Valve time not Value time. So I am very confused by this comment now. 
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I WANT to be excited..  but this falls between “Saved cover” announcement and “we’re getting rid of vaulting but raising the odds” announcement.. both seemed like good ideas but only one was a game changer in a positive way.. sorry to be that guy.. but I’ll have to save my excitement til more is rolled out
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX said:
    Codex said:
    IceIX said:

This one is *not* coming on Valve time. I don't have a date to give right this second, but it's being QAed right now.
    I don’t want to split hairs here but what is “Value time”.  Does that mean the SL10 wasn’t important enough to roll out since the company didn’t see the Value and time to put into it? Just curious. 
    Valve not value. I still dont know what it means though.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    IceIX said:
    Codex said:
    IceIX said:

Wow.  I honestly didn’t even see that until you said that. So... yea what is valve time. 
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    tiomono said:
    IceIX said:
    Codex said:
    IceIX said:

Wow.  I honestly didn’t even see that until you said that. So... yea what is valve time. 
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2019
    in short, is when a developer say some feature will come soon then it takes months or years to ship.

• RetroToNextGen
    RetroToNextGen Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    From the little that we know, it sounds like a wonderful idea. Having further information on the workings of this new addition to the game will be most welcome.
    i hope it’ll be able to be used on multiple characters at a time. Increase the odds for those impossible 4*/5* covers that never seem to show. 
    Sounds excellent so far! Looking forward to this. (Side note: Very happy to hear that the “Anniversary” was such a success! It means this game still has a wonderful fan base with room for the game itself to grow.)
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2019
    Glad to see this coming! After just finishing Thor, anything that lets me more specifically target bald characters is welcome.
    Seriously though, as a player for <2 years, being able to build classic 5* up from a couple of covers to baby champ is what I want most from the game, and this will help.
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    @IceIX

Once progress is achieved towards a character, will we be able to choose which color cover we get of that character?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really do hope that I can target limited characters since I missed the boat on Spider Ham so mine is at a really pathetic 0/1/1.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    370 Bishops and WorthyCaps....everywhere. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    You have my attention 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will hold off judgement till I see what this is.  I personally was hoping for an improved way to get supports or a game mode or rebalancing characters but I will be interested to see what this feature will be like.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX

Once progress is achieved towards a character, will we be able to choose which color cover we get of that character?
    Well, going off of the image that was posted it looks like a purple cover was targeted. So my biggest questions would be how many characters in a tier can be targeted at once and if one character can be targeted for multiple covers at a time. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    Should we be hoarding tokens and CP? 

It almost sounds like the this feature will be redeemable much like how tokens used to give XP towards Shield Rank.

I would guess that any non-standard token would contribute towards this with increasing points depending on the value of the token.

I have multiple 12-cover 5*s that I’d love to finish off. If we can’t choose a specific color with this feature, it’s  going to be pretty disappointing.

However, I am excited by any new changes that will benefit the players!
  • ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    @IceIX

Well, going off of the image that was posted it looks like a purple cover was targeted. So my biggest questions would be how many characters in a tier can be targeted at once and if one character can be targeted for multiple covers at a time. 
    I hope you're right. However, the purple could just be the color of the feature in general. Much like when you choose a player for bonus hero, it turns yellow...but that has nothing to do with getting a yellow cover