Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Which Spider-Ham cover is this scheduled to be?  My 2/3/5 Porker has a distinct preference...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    pheregas said:
    Which Spider-Ham cover is this scheduled to be?  My 2/3/5 Porker has a distinct preference...
    I believe it'll be Yellow
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby my 3/3/5 Porker nods his head in approval
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    R176 is live on iOS.  
    Cinema Showdowns. I wonder if we’ll get Chitauri minions for battle of New York?
    That would be pretty sweet...  But I wouldn't put it past them to have a massive Ultron-bot wave followed by a jacked Ultron-Prime.

So, just theorizing, but if Ultron is one of them, what would the other 8 be?

My guesses:

1) Thor versus Hela
    2) Cap versus Hydra
    3) Iron Man versus Ultron (see above)
    4) Panther versus Killmonger
    5) Antman versus Goons
    6) Widow versus Goons (IM2 introduction version)
    7) Spiderman versus Vulture
    8) Hulk versus Ultron bots
    9) Wanda/Vision versus Children of Thanos

Hope they don’t force 1v1s there. Versus Hela sounds right. Versus Winter Soldier for Winter Soldier. The Ant Man battles probably won’t be considered key. There are a lot of main villains missing: Red Skull, Ronan, Ego, Killmonger. Well, let’s look forward to how they present these key battles.
    I don’t want to be negative but I wonder if this will be the rehash of 12 days of Christmas format.  1 battle a day and that’s it.  
    Then don't be negative. 12 days is a good one node a day thing for good rewards.

I thought we liked 12 days. Am I wrong?
    I wasn’t being negative but 1 node a day doesn’t get me excited for a “celebration”. Let’s see something new and unique not a rehash of an old event that is just re skinned.   Just my opinion is all. .  
    I guess mentally I just read someone saying "i don't mean to be x" as them actually saying that's what they are doing. 

Like if someone says " i don't mean to be rude" is them acknowledging they are being rude. But maybe that's just me.

Anywho, this looks like an acceptable in game event to me. I'm looking forward to all the stuff coming.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:
    Next week contains three $75 Endgame costumes!

Get excited!
    And if by $75 Endgame costumes you mean brand new events, a new champion reward update, and more awesome stuff that isn't related to Costumes, then yes. Yes, you're right. ;)
    When you say "champion reward update" do you mean a feeder update, or an update to the champion rewards structure in general?
    Yes. When I say that, I mean a "feeder" update. 4-Star Champion Reward Update is just the official term.
    Any chance you also mean 5* reworks for the likes of Banner and Wasp?
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Showdown sounds like more than just  a rehash of 12 Days of Marvel, not just semi-random teams, but battles recreating Marvel movie moments with a mix of 3 on 3 and 1 on 1 battles. I think it will be cool.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:

And if by $75 Endgame costumes you mean brand new events, a new champion reward update, and more awesome stuff that isn't related to Costumes, then yes. Yes, you're right. ;)
    New champion reward update?
    I am looking forward to this: THANK YOU!!!!!  :smiley:
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    tiomono said:
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    zodiac339 said:
    pheregas said:
    R176 is live on iOS.  
    Cinema Showdowns. I wonder if we’ll get Chitauri minions for battle of New York?
    That would be pretty sweet...  But I wouldn't put it past them to have a massive Ultron-bot wave followed by a jacked Ultron-Prime.

So, just theorizing, but if Ultron is one of them, what would the other 8 be?

My guesses:

1) Thor versus Hela
    2) Cap versus Hydra
    3) Iron Man versus Ultron (see above)
    4) Panther versus Killmonger
    5) Antman versus Goons
    6) Widow versus Goons (IM2 introduction version)
    7) Spiderman versus Vulture
    8) Hulk versus Ultron bots
    9) Wanda/Vision versus Children of Thanos

Hope they don’t force 1v1s there. Versus Hela sounds right. Versus Winter Soldier for Winter Soldier. The Ant Man battles probably won’t be considered key. There are a lot of main villains missing: Red Skull, Ronan, Ego, Killmonger. Well, let’s look forward to how they present these key battles.
    I don’t want to be negative but I wonder if this will be the rehash of 12 days of Christmas format.  1 battle a day and that’s it.  
    Then don't be negative. 12 days is a good one node a day thing for good rewards.

I thought we liked 12 days. Am I wrong?
    I wasn’t being negative but 1 node a day doesn’t get me excited for a “celebration”. Let’s see something new and unique not a rehash of an old event that is just re skinned.   Just my opinion is all. .  
    I guess mentally I just read someone saying "i don't mean to be x" as them actually saying that's what they are doing. 

Like if someone says " i don't mean to be rude" is them acknowledging they are being rude. But maybe that's just me.

Anywho, this looks like an acceptable in game event to me. I'm looking forward to all the stuff coming.
    Let me try this a different way.  1 node a day that will take on the average 15 seconds to clear doesn’t get me overly excited. It might get others excited but I am just hoping for something a little more substantial is all.  Not a 15 second node.   
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks good so far, would have liked longer double ISO but some is better than none!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wouldn't it be more straightforward for the vets to tell the devs what they expect out of this particular celebration, instead of keeping things opened to interpretation? I doubt the devs will be able to fully satisified the vets with a typical celebration, apart from feeders announcement and new PvEs.

My guess and what's being said so far: 

1. New single node PvE - rehash of 12 days of Christmas
    2. New PvE that could potentially follow standard format - I doubt they will be pleased as well.
    3. New PvE with no placement rewards but placement rewards are not distributed into progression - unhappy
    4. Feeders - way overdue and there should be a second feeder for each five stars instead?
    5. Double iso-8 - nothing new

With a number of celebrations every year, I wonder how the devs can outdo the previous celebrations?

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Let me try this a different way.  1 node a day that will take on the average 15 seconds to clear doesn’t get me overly excited. It might get others excited but I am just hoping for something a little more substantial is all.  Not a 15 second node.   
    You're assuming that the nodes will be the usual 3 vs 3 with fixed scaling.. According to the first post in this thread, it will have 1 vs 1 too. What if it's roster based scaling and you are forced to bring Spider-Ham against lvl 500 Okoye?

Let's just wait and see.
    I strongly suspect that the event will either have open character selection, or affiliation based restrictions on the centre character (like 12 Days did).
    While it might be common for people on this forum to have a complete roster, that is the exception for the wider player base.  The aim will probably be to make it possible for most players to complete the event either with the characters they have rostered, or with the ones they can potentially get while the event is ongoing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "10 mission nodes will be unlocked each day over the course of 10 days with each mission featuring an iconic Marvel showdown." - does this mean a total of 100 new nodes? It sounds like it's 10 missions each day for 10 Days, but I suspect it may just be 10 nodes in total.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Punter1 said:

The Showdown Begins With Avengers: Endgame!
    MARVEL Puzzle Quest celebrates the release of Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame as we bring to life your favorite characters inspired by the movie

These new Marvel characters include an all-around ferocious 4-star Thanos (Endgame) coming 4/18! And don’t miss an all-new 4-star Hawkeye (Ronin) coming soon! Additionally, we’ll have an Endgame-themed, limited-time only Vault 4/25 - 4/30.

Look out for two brand-new events:
    CINEMA SHOWDOWNS STARTS 4/22
    Every day for 9 days a new mission is available featuring a key fight inspired by the Marvel films.

INFINITE PURSUIT STARTS 4/25
    Join forces with your favorite Avengers to stop Thanos from completing the Infinity Gauntlet!!

Be sure to check out Marvel Insider for more freebies. Earn Insider points and redeem them for MARVEL Puzzle Quest rewards!!
    Don’t miss Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Endgame in theatres April 26th!!
    Have a blast at the movie and best of luck in the MARVEL Puzzle Quest events!!

Thanks for playing MARVEL Puzzle Quest!!
    - The MARVEL Puzzle Quest Team!

Just got this in my e-mail. Apologies if formatting is funky. New events noted and the next 4*
    You left off the picture:

Play MARVEL Puzzle Quest now

Look at that Ronin! Niiice!  B)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It all sounds like a lot of fun stuff to me. The 10 Days of Marvel thing sounds very nice. I also want to especially thank the Devs for restoring earning the new 4* to a Boss Event which benefits a lot more players (although I am aware of those who have Alliances who can't make the progress) and of course the more classic characters for SHIELD Training (although requiring Magik or Talos would have been a bit ridiculous). Also some interesting 4* PvP's (I had better level up my Widow) - looks like it will be good times. :)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    "10 mission nodes will be unlocked each day over the course of 10 days with each mission featuring an iconic Marvel showdown." - does this mean a total of 100 new nodes? It sounds like it's 10 missions each day for 10 Days, but I suspect it may just be 10 nodes in total.
    You know how bad they are with words.
    10 nodes total, 100%.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:
    Next week contains three $75 Endgame costumes!

Get excited!
    When you say "champion reward update" do you mean a feeder update, or an update to the champion rewards structure in general?
    Yes. When I say that, I mean a "feeder" update. 4-Star Champion Reward Update is just the official term.
    For the love of god, please let it be Strange! 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Thanks for the heads up. Yes, it's 1 mission unlocked a day over the course of 10 days to equal a total of 10 missions.

It was a long day, that day  :D
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Quebbster said:
    Thanks for the heads up. Yes, it's 1 mission unlocked a day over the course of 10 days to equal a total of 10 missions.

It was a long day, that day  :D
    Thanks for the hard work but you forgot to give the details of the 5* banner rework?