Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have picked up 4 Four Thor covers this weekend!
    That's like...16 Thors!
    Worst part?  All 16 were the same color! :(

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have picked up 4 Four Thor covers this weekend!
    That's like...16 Thors!
    Worst part?  All 16 were the same color! :(

Thor score, and seven covers ago?

Check my sig...I love a good Thor joke.  And bad ones as well. :)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These posts have been Thorsome...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled the purple cover I've been fishing for in my Unstable ISO-8 vault for my 5/1/5 Kingpin. Just one more!
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled the purple cover I've been fishing for in my Unstable ISO-8 vault for my 5/1/5 Kingpin. Just one more!
    Kingpin was such a pain for me. I started out 0/0/5 and had to trash 3 yellows before the saved cover feature went live. First 3 covers after it went live......3 freaking yellows. I was talking to Hadronic on Discord about it and he calculated the odds of that happening in the trillions.

He’s covered now but unclamped with 7 saved covers.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Kingpin was such a pain for me. I started out 0/0/5 and had to trash 3 yellows before the saved cover feature went live. First 3 covers after it went live......3 freaking yellows. I was talking to Hadronic on Discord about it and he calculated the odds of that happening in the trillions.

I'm pretty sure mine was either 5/0/0 or 0/0/5 for quite a while, too. Then I started getting whatever colour of those two I didn't have, and he made it to 5/0/5 pretty quickly. I got one purple from Progression in some event, but haven't seen another since until just now.
    Also, as someone else who's had at least one run of bad luck that was in the trillions to one against range, you have my sympathy.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I want the Ghost cover from Ragin Kajun, but only have Riri boosted from the boosted list. Right, 40 wins it is. Started the pvp to discover that I didn't get any seed teams. Great.
    Since I didn't feel like fighting 40 4* teams, I decided to try if I can't maybe put out some retal bait anyway. So I tried fighting a Strange / 18k health 3* Gambit / 26k health Okoye ...with Strange / loaner Gambit / boosted lvl 156 Ares retal bait. And won.
    Regardless if the bait works (I might be a bit too late/low in points), that felt pretty good, haha.

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    After having been reteteadly hitted in Ragin' Cajun, I got my 40 wins and collected the goodies...
    I couldn't believe my eyes when i opened my 2 RC tokens : the first one was glowing gold  :o  and gave me Medusa!
    The second one....what? is glowing gold again? :open_mouth:   Falcap! 
     2 x 4stars...never in my wildest dreams :)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Got a Bl4de cover from my Ragin' Cajun token!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got two 3* in a row from standard tokens yielding of course 2 bonus heroes also. Not bad for about 45 seconds MPQ work!
  • sambrookjm
    edited November 2018
    Options

Um...not even close to in the trillions.  Even if you're talking specifically about Kingpin getting three of one exact cover.  The odds of getting 11 consecutive covers for a character of one specific color are 3^11:1, which is 177,147:1.

Now, if you're talking about getting 11 consecutive non-Bonus Hero yellow Kingpin covers, without getting any other covers during that streak, assuming you only open Legendary tokens?  Then your odds are one in [(# of 4-stars available in tokens) * 3 (you're only getting only one color cover for that character) / (odds of getting a four star from an LT) ]^11, which is easily above the trillions.  If I did the math correct (71 four stars currently in tokens, 6/7 odds of getting a four star from an LT) the odds are one-in-223,146,625,544,774,763,513,334,151.53955.  That's one in 223 billion trillion.

My Nick Fury started out 0/9/0, and went to 2/13/2 before I finally started getting enough non-blue covers to max level him.  This was before champing was a thing, let alone saved covers.
  • BigSoftieFF
    Options

Um...not even close to in the trillions.  Even if you're talking specifically about Kingpin getting three of one exact cover.  The odds of getting 11 consecutive covers for a character of one specific color are 3^11:1, which is 177,147:1.

Now, if you're talking about getting 11 consecutive non-Bonus Hero yellow Kingpin covers, without getting any other covers during that streak, assuming you only open Legendary tokens?  Then your odds are one in [(# of 4-stars available in tokens) * 3 (you're only getting only one color cover for that character) / (odds of getting a four star from an LT) ]^11, which is easily above the trillions.  If I did the math correct (71 four stars currently in tokens, 6/7 odds of getting a four star from an LT) the odds are one-in-223,146,625,544,774,763,513,334,151.53955.  That's one in 223 billion trillion.

My Nick Fury started out 0/9/0, and went to 2/13/2 before I finally started getting enough non-blue covers to max level him.  This was before champing was a thing, let alone saved covers.
    I’m no statistician and just posting what I was told. Either way the odds were long but thanks for clearing it up.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a Bagman cover from a PvP match yesterday. The champ level gave me a Heroic token. The token gave me a Peggy Carter and bonus Rocket and Groot cover, so it was awesome all the way. :)
  • sambrookjm
    edited November 2018
    Options

I’m no statistician and just posting what I was told. Either way the odds were long but thanks for clearing it up.
    No problem. I'm just a math/stats nerd, and enjoy figuring this sort of thing out.  I don't enjoy when it actually happens, however!   Like now, for instance, when my farmed 2/5/5 Captain Marvel has nine saved covers.  Fun to figure out how unlikely it is (about a 2.6% chance) but not fun to experience it for yourself!
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options

No problem. I'm just a math/stats nerd, and enjoy figuring this sort of thing out.  I don't enjoy when it actually happens, however!   Like now, for instance, when my farmed 2/5/5 Captain Marvel has nine saved covers.  Fun to figure out how unlikely it is (about a 2.6% chance) but not fun to experience it for yourself!
    How about Silver Surfer, my first ever five star character? I've only ever pulled black covers for him. He's 0/0/8 (had to sell three as this happened before saved covers, so build is 0/0/5) and will likely be stuck making black holes forever :-(
  • BigSoftieFF
    Options

How about Silver Surfer, my first ever five star character? I've only ever pulled black covers for him. He's 0/0/8 (had to sell three as this happened before saved covers, so build is 0/0/5) and will likely be stuck making black holes forever :-(
    Yikes. I hope he figures this one out, I’d like to know the odds.