MTGPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/25/18)

Comments

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Mmh maybe this Game isn't just for fun. It is to make money. If you want to catch up, you have to invest real money. But hey if you pay cash, you not just improve your collection, you keep this game alive. If everybody just play for free, this game would be gone within three month. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    rafalele said:
    Brigby the starting date of the Race to Orazca event is correct? Will start on saturday 27 at 20:00 utc?

The "??" event is standard or legacy? I ask it because the green color changes on it and in TS event as well.
    Yes and no. It was originally scheduled for that time, but it is being rescheduled to start on the 26th instead, and ending on the 28th. I'll be updating the sneak peek shortly.

The ?? event is Legacy. The color only represents card set restrictions if it's within the main event blocks section. The cells where the event names have different colors are less important. (Dark green up top signifies daily events. Light green below signifies weekly events)
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Legacy HoD is a microcosm of what is wrong with this game.  Let’s give oversized rewards to the handful of people who already have all the cards.  
    Virtually every single major change to this game rewards people who already have a big advantage.
    Let’s hear your proposed change to the events and the rewards. What do you think it should be instead?
    I would suggest putting more of the rewards into progression and less into insane prizes like 300 purple to the top 5.
    That's what was done with the PVE events like the long cold darkness.

HoD and similar events are supposed to be exciting with a big prize to shoot for. Those big prizes are given to all scorers who can get a perfect. If you haven't ascended to that level of play yet you can! @Brakkis managed to pull off a -1 with mostly standard cards. You can do it! Just keep building your collection and getting better and you can nab a great prize too.

I did a what now?
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Mmh ??-event legacy in Halloween week... mmh. I put aside mythic on shelf for another exclusive. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Brakkis said:
    Legacy HoD is a microcosm of what is wrong with this game.  Let’s give oversized rewards to the handful of people who already have all the cards.  
    Virtually every single major change to this game rewards people who already have a big advantage.
    Let’s hear your proposed change to the events and the rewards. What do you think it should be instead?
    I would suggest putting more of the rewards into progression and less into insane prizes like 300 purple to the top 5.

HoD and similar events are supposed to be exciting with a big prize to shoot for. Those big prizes are given to all scorers who can get a perfect. If you haven't ascended to that level of play yet you can! @Brakkis managed to pull off a -1 with mostly standard cards. You can do it! Just keep building your collection and getting better and you can nab a great prize too.

I did a what now?
    Whoops, I was trying to reference a coalition mate of mine Baraxis. I thought he was here and was trying to @ mention him.
  • Brigby
    (10/22/18) *Updated image overviews and Multiplayer events.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Mmh maybe this Game isn't just for fun. It is to make money. If you want to catch up, you have to invest real money. But hey if you pay cash, you not just improve your collection, you keep this game alive. If everybody just play for free, this game would be gone within three month. 
    I spent over $1000 on this game and I’m short nearly 100 Legacy mythics.  Sorry, but throwing money at the problem doesn’t fix it.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    IM_CARLOS said:
    I spent over $1000 on this game and I’m short nearly 100 Legacy mythics.  Sorry, but throwing money at the problem doesn’t fix it.
    imo,The Collection depend on synergy of 

Time Devotion 20%
    Team Collaboration 20%
    Cash Spending 20%
    Rng 40%
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Brakkis said:

I did a what now?
    Whoops, I was trying to reference a coalition mate of mine Baraxis. I thought he was here and was trying to @ mention him.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brakkis said:

I did a what now?

Still, Brakkis sounds guilty... What _did_ you do, Brakkis?

• Brakkis
    Kinesia said:
    Brakkis said:

I did a what now?

I didn't play. **** these legacy events. With a bulldozer.
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Brakkis said:
    Kinesia said:
    Brakkis said:

I did a what now?

I didn't play. tinykitty these legacy events. With a bulldozer.
    Can confirm. Brakkis didn’t even make progression. Still all ribbons were appreciated in D3fenestrate:) and I had a lot of fun with legacy U hydra, vivien’s invocation, and season’s past. 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    edited October 2018
    Yet again the worst possible choice/path is taken. Why not just remove this buggy card from our inventory? We know that it can be done. Our last chance to play XLN in standard just got taken away with zero notice to change up our rosters.
  • Brigby
    Yet again the worst possible choice/path is taken. Why not just remove this buggy card from our inventory? We know that it can be done. Our last chance to play XLN in standard just got taken away with zero notice to change up our rosters.
    We apologize for the inconvenience, however I'm afraid at this point in time, we are technologically unable to disable or temporarily remove a card from all players' inventories.

We understand that Race to Orazca is a community-favorite event, however we wanted to avoid a situation where players might incidentally encounter the Sphinx's Decree issue, since the event has a White node.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you Brigby and team for this change. Though I love RtO as well I'm looking forward to playing AM again.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you! While some might not like the solution, one was necessary and there were limited options that were currently practical, so thank you!
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    This is so lame. I have an expansive Legacy collection, but I am sick of playing Legacy. If you're going to switch events, it couldn't be a standard PvE?  
  • Brakkis
    edited October 2018
    AWR would have been the better choice. For the love of our sanity, give us a standard event!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well. It's something. The issue was brought up, they reacted and the reaction solves the issue which is good. The "how" wasn't optimal, but better than what we're used to. It'll be interesting how my pvp roster makes itself in this context!