MTGPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/25/18)

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    The thing is, many people may go into the node and build decks, without honestly realizing it's supposed to be a Standard event. It wouldn't be fair to punish them.  They should just declare this one Legacy and fix it or clarify for next time.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    madwren said:
    The thing is, many people may go into the node and build decks, without honestly realizing it's supposed to be a Standard event. It wouldn't be fair to punish them.  They should just declare this one Legacy and fix it or clarify for next time.
    Read this. It is a mistake, it is legacy on purpose.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/75437/legacy-cards-in-standard-decks-not-fixed#latest
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Actually, MY thought was, "Finally! They made an event with Legacy prizes and Legacy enemies a Legacy event like it should be!"

Turns out my first impression was right... B)
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 785 Critical Contributor

@Brigby: During the previous iteration of this event, people were complaining about the final recharges of this event. For a lot players, the last recharge is in the middle of the night, shutting them down for competitive play. This is not something Oktagon should want for this game. For some people it's even worse. In my time zone the recharges were at 0:00 and 06:00 hours. I'm not waiting around until midnight for the recharges to be available, so for people in comparable time zones that's the last TWO charges they most likely missed.

When is this finally going to be addressed??

• Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Praise! It is addressed already. Bolas is at -4% but you can play. Only one question remains - when this madness ends?
    (by the way - name of this event should be changed - my proposal:
    Return of the Return of the God-pharaoh) 
  • tfg76
    tfg76 Posts: 258 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby Any chance to get this updated with the weekend's events? Good to know what to prepare for.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    @Brigby
    next week schedule, please.
    Could Dev. add Avacyn Madness or reinstate RTO into this weekend coalition event?
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby can you confirm there is no event this weekend? Can we see next week please?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Sorry for the delay. Been playing catch up after NYCC. I'm updating the sneak peek right now.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Sorry for the delay. Been playing catch up after NYCC. I'm updating the sneak peek right now.
    HHour of "is this really necessary to repeat this until eternity" -ation
    *sigh*
    Yeah, we wanted more legacy. But now you repeat the same events we have played for a year in standard in legacy. This is a great way to get rid of players.
  • Brigby
    (10/09/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, Multiplayer events, and Duel Decks events.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    @Brigby will it be 2.9.1 to fix some minor but serious bug such as Sphinx Decree prior HoD NB next weekend.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    It seems we have a nice stable of newer events to allow us to stop running the HOU events for a while....
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    edited October 2018
    @Brigby why not run the Dragon War this weekend? We’d all love It!
  • rafalele
    edited October 2018
    Though I am so glad of having Duel Decks for all this weekend, we need more standard events, coalition or not.

We could have the Dominaria Pve events, AWR or the Dragon war (that has only be played twice since it was released).

Instead of that we get again the HOD Bolas version (at least in legacy version).
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
        It's also been a while since we ain't seen "a journey through history". A turnover beetween events is great, but i think it should be a turnover beetween the most recent events. Recycling the old ones is ok, but not if it means that we never see the new ones.

AWR or TDW should be scheduled every month at least ... So should be AJTH as the weekly pve event.

For the rest, a rotation beetween old events could make sense, but I'm pretty sure players would be happier with avacyn's madness than rotgp or HoD.

Amonketh and HOU events are probably the worst thing to schedule ... It is well-known that players have chain-played them  for several months, until saturation. Once here and there would be ok, but it's unbearable to see them replace our standard events with their awful legacy boosters each and every week ...

Players crave for recent boosters, and you guys have created great standard events ... What's the point of avoiding scheduling them ?
  • Brigby
    fiirst said:
    Brigby will it be 2.9.1 to fix some minor but serious bug such as Sphinx Decree prior HoD NB next weekend.
    I'm not sure when those issues will be fixed, however rest assured that the team is definitely aware of it, and actively working on a fix.
    Brigby why not run the Dragon War this weekend? We’d all love It!
    My speculation is that they either want to...
    1. ...monitor server status to avoid stress when the new event goes public, by devoting this weekend to just one event. (They can assess whether there is flexibility to run another event simultaneously for the next time)
    2. ...monitor player behavior to avoid burning out players with potentially too much content at the same time.
    Having said that though, I know that the Dragon War is a popular event, so if there is room to add it in the future, then I will be sure to bring it up.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    @Brigby you’re the man! Thanks!!
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    The duel decks release is a valid point ... But why not scheduling TDW instead of next week's HOD then? 
  • rafalele
    Bil said:
    The duel decks release is a valid point ... But why not scheduling TDW instead of next week's HOD then? 
    Please, do it, HOU are the ever most played events.