MTGPQ Sneak Peek: October 2018 Edition *Updated (10/25/18)

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I'm guessing because they haven't fixed the legacy cards in standard bug yet...
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
       I'd prefer a "legacy bugged" TDW than any HOD though ... But some might disagree...
      If you are right, dealing with an annoying bug by throwing unpopular content is still a weird approach IMHO... From player piint of view it might even feel like a double penalty.
       Avacyn madness seems quite popular as a legacy event and it hasn't been scheduled in a while. (Ok, its not pvp ... but as far as i'm concerned, i'd skip pvp hod for pve avacyn without any hesitation).
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    Bil said:
       I'd prefer a "legacy bugged" TDW than any HOD though ... But some might disagree...
      If you are right, dealing with an annoying bug by throwing unpopular content is still a weird approach IMHO... From player piint of view it might even feel like a double penalty.
       Avacyn madness seems quite popular as a legacy event and it hasn't been scheduled in a while. (Ok, its not pvp ... but as far as i'm concerned, i'd skip pvp hod for pve avacyn without any hesitation).
    I am disagree with Legacy Bugged TDW over HoD.
    I think TDW is more fun when we play with std cards.
    And I believe either std Rto or std Tdw is more friendly to overall players.

I have noticed there are so often HoD NB (regardless restriction), could it be possible to play HoD Samut or any variation of ToS and Inventor Fair / Breaking Point (to promote sales of G3 or else)?

@Brigby
    dev. please be realized that overall player arent need so much Legacy Event after Legacy exploit have been fixed.
  • Bil
    I agree, TDW is more fun in standard ... But my point was that any TDW feels fresh and fun in comparison with an HOD and has at least standard rewards. A personal feeling though.
  • fiirst
    Machine said:
    they have fixed.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Bil said:
    The duel decks release is a valid point ... But why not scheduling TDW instead of next week's HOD then? 
    Ah! If we're talking about next week's event, then I can certainly bring that up to the team, as well.
    fiirst said:
    Machine said:
    they have fixed.
    It was fixed in the most recent build update. That's correct.
  • Brigby
    Update: It would appear that the team has avoided scheduling The Dragon War, because the event still exhibits the issue where some players encounter a bug that allows them to score more than the maximum point threshold.

Once they have resolved this issue, I will be sure to request that this event be scheduled into the rotation as soon as possible.
  • fiirst
    Brigby said:
    Update: It would appear that the team has avoided scheduling The Dragon War, because the event still exhibits the issue where some players encounter a bug that allows them to score more than the maximum point threshold.

Once they have resolved this issue, I will be sure to request that this event be scheduled into the rotation as soon as possible.
    How about Avacyn Madness or fix SD issue and let us play Rto?
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for finding out the reason for us, we do appreciate it.
    It's just puzzling, that's all.

Like, how do you break the scoring in a single event, and not the other ones? I fully admit that I know little to nothing about coding, but it seems like there should be some sort of easily-copied template for basic event functionality like "scoring".

Huh.

• Bil
    edited October 2018
       Is there any post hibernum event that is working properly then?  If there is one, why not scheduling this one? A world reborn maybe? Avacyn madness in the worst case ...
       Or does it mean that hod/rotgp will be the only events available for a while ?... 
  • fiirst
    Bil said:
       Is there any post hibernum event that is working properly then?  If there is one, why not scheduling this one? A world reborn maybe? Avacyn madness in the worst case ...
       Or does it mean that hod/rotgp will be the only events available for a while ?... 
    May be Year of Devastation event for us.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait. There's nothing to play apart from the dailies for today and tomorrow? I'll sleep through the beginning and it ends in the middle of the night (European perspective).
  • Bil
    edited October 2018
        @Brigby next week's pve event is OGW (part 1 and 2) ... Just like last week.
        Whe ain't seen AJTH since a while now and should be the event to come ... Why has it been removed from the rotation?
       We are deprived of standard coalition events due to bugs ... That's a thing ... But there is no reason at all to remove one of the last standard event that is still working properly ... Or am i missing a crucial point?

Note : being a single player pve event i guess the standard/legacy bug is obviously not a valid reason here

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Bil said:
        @Brigby next week's pve event is OGW (part 1 and 2) ... Just like last week.
        Whe ain't seen AJTH since a while now and should be the event to come ... Why has it been removed from the rotation?
       We are deprived of standard coalition events due to bugs ... That's a thing ... But there is no reason at all to remove one of the last standard event that is still working properly ... Or am i missing a crucial point?

Note : being a single player pve event i guess the standard/legacy bug is obviously not a valid reason here

100% with you.

New players need standard cards, old players are tired of dupes. 
  • Brigby
    Bil said:
        Brigby next week's pve event is OGW (part 1 and 2) ... Just like last week.

I plan on updating the sneak peek today, but the AJTH events should be entering rotation early next week.
  • Bil
    Thanks for the heads-up!
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby can we see next week's schedule? Please no more HOU events!
  • Brigby
    (10/15/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, Multiplayer events, and Duel Decks events.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Ah crumb. I got exactly what I asked for.