**** Carnage (Cletus Kasady) ****

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This new Carnage​ is absolutely a beast on defence with Medusa. I add in Peggy with five yellow and I've barely lost in simulator for the first time ever.

1k healing almost every turn and over 1k passive damage. Super difficult for enemy teams to drop Peggy's health to get the ap costs back down. In fact the only teams I've lost to have all had their own medusa and carol for buffing my carnage tiles and keeping their own health up.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here you go his corrections show up after Drax, basically they fixed his black so it is passive again still not as good as it was originally but he is decent again.  I am glad they kept the green as is with the "fix" to the black and the rework of the green and red it actually may be a slightly more usable character, not necessary better but more usable.

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64024/time-gem-season-updates-updated-5-2-17/p1
    Having just used him boosted in the current pvp, I really like this new version, his black ramps up very quickly since you are not reliant on people using powers for it to fire and the red is obviously a big improvement from the original since you only really have to use the cheaper version if you are in a rush to avoid a bigger hit.

I rarely bothered with him at all in his earlier version because somebody like Medusa synergises just fine with so many other characters anyway that there was no need to take the team damage from him, but at worst this new version is readily usable when boosted.

One obvious benefit to him I found in this latest pvp, his black and the 10ap version of his red make him very useful against peggy, the former chips her down while you gather the red and the latter is unaffected by her yellow.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Crowl said:

One obvious benefit to him I found in this latest pvp, his black and the 10ap version of his red make him very useful against peggy, the former chips her down while you gather the red and the latter is unaffected by her yellow.
    Yeah, noticed that Carnage feels like the anti Peggy character.

I've also had 5 or 6 defensive victories, and only 1 loss, in the Star Lord PvP, which is the best I've had in long time. Buffed Carnage feels like a real scarecrow.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Today I got absolutely destroyed in PVP by a Carnage / Medusa / Mr. F team. I was using champion Phoenix and Peggy. Never thought Mr. Fail would be good for anything...
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Buffed Carnage is just broken.  No one should be putting out that much damage for no AP. Medusa's passive is powerful and this is 10x that.  Why couldn't the dev's just leave him alone in the first place?

Just not worth playing against him in PvP which I'm sure is what most people are counting on.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Never thought Mr. Fail would be good for anything..
    Good grief I can't believe people still think so badly of Mr Fantastic o_0 he's much better since his buff. Ah well that's what you get for underestimating characters and taking them lightly
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    irwando said:
    Buffed Carnage is just broken.  No one should be putting out that much damage for no AP. Medusa's passive is powerful and this is 10x that.  Why couldn't the dev's just leave him alone in the first place?

Just not worth playing against him in PvP which I'm sure is what most people are counting on.
    He's boosted this week. Don't overestimate his buff due to that. Carnage is easily countered by special tile manipulators and healers. He's effectively working for both teams, so counter him with characters that work well worth him.

Seriously, playing against carnage is like having a 4 person team vs. a 3 person team. You can choose all 3 characters to be those that benefit from his special tiles, while the enemy team can only have 2 such characters. 

Hint: Peggy and Carol, the current PvP favorites, aren't going to do enough to turn Carnage against his own team. But that doesn't mean that he is all-around better than them. 

• hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage was always a beast buffed so do not freak out he is better but still niche on most teams.  I do like the change to black but again it needs to be the only passive or it will not be as effective.  Pair him with Medusa and the new Rocket and Groot and max his yellow ouch.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wait for the day when you see a 4*Grocket + Carnage + Medusa team.  Unboosted is already great.  Boost 1 of them and you better stay away.  2 boosted and you're sure to lose.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Just wait for the day when you see a 4*Grocket + Carnage + Medusa team.  Unboosted is already great.  Boost 1 of them and you better stay away.  2 boosted and you're sure to lose.
    Why do I get the impression that this is exactly the kind of team we are going to see in the upcoming Simulator event.

KGB
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mexus said:
    Champed him just now. Tried Medusa + Lockjaw + Carnage in Simulator and it was OK.

Exactly. I expected this to replace Medusa, Grocket and Gamora.. but Lockjaw is so lackluster

I used  to use Medusa, Carnage and Bl4de alot. That team real works well in PVE.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mexus said:
    Champed him just now. Tried Medusa + Lockjaw + Carnage in Simulator and it was OK.

Exactly. I expected this to replace Medusa, Grocket and Gamora.. but Lockjaw is so lackluster

I used  to use Medusa, Carnage and Bl4de alot. That team real works well in PVE.
    LJ is great jumping in front, mitigating all damage and biting back. Problem is he has no protection against active abilities and is garbage when his teammates die. 

Also you meant to say Carnage/Medusa/Iceman correct?
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    Just found this error about the comic cover. At the last page of the character information, it’s Maximum Carnage, published in 1993, not 1963.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZommyGD said:
    Just found this error about the comic cover. At the last page of the character information, it’s Maximum Carnage, published in 1993, not 1963.

I Believe 1963 is the year that particular comic series started. It is number 380, so it being 30 years after the start of the start of the Amazing Spider-man series fits (there were periods where the comic was published biweekly).

Check some other cover data and I Believe you will see this is a consistent pattern.

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    ZommyGD said:

I Believe 1963 is the year that particular comic series started. It is number 380, so it being 30 years after the start of the start of the Amazing Spider-man series fits (there were periods where the comic was published biweekly).

Check some other cover data and I Believe you will see this is a consistent pattern.

That is exactly it, the cover for Kraven is also from Amazing Spider-Man and it's also dated 1963.

Can get confusing with super old series.