Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage/Medusa/Wiccan seems like a good way to get Demiurge out as well as feeding Chain Lightning. Carnage makes enemy special spam, medusa matches it for random AP gain along with friendly to keep burst health up, Wiccan does the things. 

Another option: Wiccan/Chavez/Lockjaw -> use Lockjaw's green to spam out charged tiles, then collect them. This somewhat replicates Black Bolt's charge tile passive that will fuel his conditional green. My wiccan is 3/5/5 unchamped, so it takes me more AP to transform and I haven't had occasion to see if these strategies work well or not.

Try replacing Widow with Shuri on your Vulture team. You'll need to use her red occasionally over G4mora's to keep fortifications on the board, but you don't have to worry about any countdowns expiring for the AP coupon and it comes with an added AP tax on opponents. You can use her green if you want the board shake, or just use Vulture's instead and let G4mora keep everybody stun-locked.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Been trying to make the best use of the newest 4s that I champed, Wiccan, and as of Sunday, Blonde Widow. 

America/Wiccan/Hood
    Mockingbird/Wiccan/MEHulk

Unfortunately I can only get any real mileage out of Wiccan for now when he's boosted, or I decide to completely forgo Power of The Demiurge. Problem is, this is honestly one of my favorite abilities to come to the game in a while, so that irritates me a lot. His best power relies on him tanking his colors, and having teammates that can passively collect AP.....but said teammates don't allow him to tank those colors because they SEVERELY outweigh him in champ levels. In most cases, the only color he'll get to tank is blue. His green is pretty fun to run with Carnage, so I also occasionally run Mr. F/Carnage/Wiccan, with Billy at 3/5/5. 

Widow has been a lot less complicated, since her hiding at low champ levels is actually kinda good for her. 

Gamora/Blondie/Vulture

It unfortunately involves getting both Widow's yellow and Vulture's AP producing working simultaneously, but once you get the timing right this team is beautifully epic. Vulture was dropping Fell Swoop tiles for 6 AP a pop, and Gamora handing out stuns for 3. The enemy team was helpless, since while being stunned, Widow was also destroying 3 AP per turn. See why they made it destroy AP and not steal, sheesh. Getting 10 yellow AP can be a chore, but almost always worth it. 
    Yeah Wiccan is kind of trash. I tried him with Vulture and Mockingbird and while I won, I wasn’t too thrilled with him.  I Demiurged both times, and Bobbi needed a health pack both times. If you can keep the bird in the air, Wiccan can at least tank Blue/Green. I beat Coulhawk/Carol and Blade/Clagger/Vulture. Got a heafty board clear with Wiccans green against all the strikes and attacks of the latter team.  Overall Wiccan required way too much setup for little payoff and it just wasn’t conducive to how I enjoy the game. 

I can’t see myself reaching for Wiccan if not essential (let alone boosted).  But if anyone has some good teams for him I’m all ears. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Against the special tile spammers that are the symbiotes, Medusa, 3* Hawkeye (5 black), and ME Hulk. You'll be gamma bombing before too long. 
  • Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My favorite team for this boost list was a huge surprise to me. 3* Storm, 3* Ironman, and Winter Soldier. I've fired Storm's green power three times while only starting out with 15 AP. While Storm and Winter are kind of counter to either play, they actually fueled right into Winter's big hits. Nice way of making his powers feel cheaper.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Options
    A new team I’m getting a hold of:

5* Hawkeye 3/5/5 champed
    Coulson 4/5/4
    5* Arachangel 5/3/4 lvl 435

This team is surprisingly fast once a power is activated. Most of the powers are cheap and CDs so the fun starts quickly. AA has really good AP and enemy power control with his powers. His black puts 2 CDs out, and stops opposing AP gain. And when those CDs detonate, you get deal damage. AA’s green is really good as it deals immediate damage and destroys AP from 2 different pools. 

I put HE’s red at 5 for the damage. You’re not gonna go through all his arrows like with other teams though. Because as the CDs expire, and you accumulate blue, you’re gonna want to use AA’s more immediate stun in blue and stun lock from there. When you get more than 16 blue AP, then you cast Angle of Attack and then shoot one of HE’s arrows on the same turn. 

Coulson is there to apeed res up the CD expirations and his purple has great board control. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5*DD and Okoye turned out to be silly together, though obviously much slower than Thorkoye.

DD's Stun-hits and Hand-to-Hand getting the Okoye treatment were insane to watch unfold. I might swap out JJ for DD in next season's sim for a bit of my climb. Sadly, I know DD doesn't offer much on defense compared to JJ, but for that moment when you stun someone and then they just immediately die because you have some TU AP... it's something to behold.
  • plano78
    plano78 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Carnage/Kraven/Nico 

best way way to use Kraven, I find. Buff all of yours debuff and theirs and damage them anyway. Fun synergies. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jessica, Howie and Valkyrie. Get Howie invisible ASAP. Cast a defenestrate. Howie will deal a lot of strike boosted damage every turn. Plus bounties and damaging evidence, a slug fest.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    plano78 said:
    Carnage/Kraven/Nico 

best way way to use Kraven, I find. Buff all of yours debuff and theirs and damage them anyway. Fun synergies. 
    I find Carnage in general to be severely underrated on most 4* lists. He’s one of those that just got better with time as more and more characters get released that proc off both enemy and friendly specials. 

Carnage was garbage, because why would anyone want a character who creates enemy specials? Then Carol, Blade, Medusa and Wasp ushered in the special tile meta and all of a sudden Carnage is the engine that fuels SO many teams. Whether he’s making amazing characters like Medusa better or **** characters like Wiccan and Kraven playable, Carnage is such a staple on so many teams that each time I update my character rankings he continues to move a few notches each time. 
  • optimus2861
    Options
    I got to run the previously mentioned Mohawk Storm, C&D, Nico team in the final wave node of Webbed Wonder's first sub, and managed to top 30k attack tile strength by the end of it both times. So wicked. So fun. 
  • qandols
    Options
    That was truly insane, heh.
  • optimus2861
    Options
    For DDQ today I ran 3* Falcon (required), War Machine, and Yondu. Not too shabby. Yondu shreds AP and puts strikes out, Falcon buffs them, War Machine shakes the board and puts out attack tiles, and Falcon handles specials plus puts out protects. Then cast Yondu's blue and watch everyone keel over.

It probably wouldn't stand up to the heavy hitters but it'll do for easier nodes.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Val(5 black)
    IF(5 green)

Since IF is boosted, he's gonna tank green for most people.  So Val gens green.  Get 1 fire off of IF's green strike spam and it's over.  You will trip val's black over and over, allowing you to spam away.  Once the board is covered,  you got Val's red and IF's pink to use.  You can mix and match accordingly.

My WS is not champed, so i've been running this team a bit in PVP.  It's a great little grind team.

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my god, boosted ghost and America.
    just slices through everything. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Try a boosted 5-star and Chavez. Makes Ghost look like a kitten.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm no 5 player and never will be, but her damage numbers got me a good impression. 
    i tried wiccan as a third but it takes way longer accumulating the ap to transform than to just destroy with criticals and hood helping to keep the upper hand in the ap department.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    plano78 said:
    Carnage/Kraven/Nico 

I find Carnage in general to be severely underrated on most 4* lists. He’s one of those that just got better with time as more and more characters get released that proc off both enemy and friendly specials. 

Carnage was garbage, because why would anyone want a character who creates enemy specials? Then Carol, Blade, Medusa and Wasp ushered in the special tile meta and all of a sudden Carnage is the engine that fuels SO many teams. Whether he’s making amazing characters like Medusa better or tinykitty characters like Wiccan and Kraven playable, Carnage is such a staple on so many teams that each time I update my character rankings he continues to move a few notches each time. 
    I'm definitely seeing a big shift away from Grocket teams in pvp and moving towards a lot of Carnage ones. On the last day of the season I took a fight against a lower level Medusa, Carnage and Invisible Woman team. Such an easy fight... I thought anyway. Well, they started off by getting a huge yellow cascade and the whole team went invisible. Then their Medusa kept generating tons of green so it was aoe after aoe. In almost no time my team was nearly completely dead so I used a Fist teamup to knock out their Medusa and then my Medusa was finally able to turn the battle back in my favor to limp away with a victory. I have a level 100 thirteen cover Sue Storm that was a pretty low priority to get champed and now I'm right about to fast track her.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Been having fun pairing Mr. F with Okoye. Okoye's black boosts Imaginaut's damage, so you basically deal +3,000dmg every time you make a red, yellow or green match if you have enough TU. Using Okoye as a tank, you'd want to chase yellow or red anyway so that you can keep healing her or use her red to destroy a row that'll lead to another red/yellow/green match. With Mr. F's blue, the protect tiles will help ensure Okoye's survival. 

Not sure about the third yet, since I've been using them with the useless Vision. I might try this team in SIM and see who'll be the best third team . Probably a purple user. 
  • qandols
    Options
    Every time I try some of anyone's fun team I end up with bad boards that either in the case of goons lets all of their cd:s resolve and kill me. Or with tile swappers massive cascades that kill you. Sigh.