**** Vulture (Adrian Toomes) ****

12346»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    The powers were always worded such that you would expect it to behave the way it currently behaves, so I believe it was a bug before and they stealth fixed it.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    If Vulture had this problem, they must have fixed it in his first week of release. I've played him since nearly day 1 and never experienced the 'grounding' problem you stated.
    Have to agree with others though, we will probably see more powers that deal with Airborne status more this year.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2018
    Huh, well, it was either that, or user error on my part maybe, but I distinctly felt at the time that it was not working as stated in the power descriptions, and he wasn't staying airborne after the conditional Hybrid Tech Slicer went off. He certainly is now though, and man if he isn't carrying me through this Blad3 pvp that I have no boosted 4* champions to compete in otherwise. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I Champed Vulture a few weeks ago and he's a madman. Add C&D and things start getting unfair.

The boosted list is great. Hobofist is boosted? Great! Sandman, Punisher, Red Hulk, Iceman, etc.

Vulture is the best character of 2017 imo. He's a **** beast. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I really like using him with a boosted 3/5/5 Mordo. I prioritize Vulture's black/green, then use Mordo to fire off his blue, that creates 2 charged black tiles that help keep Vulture in the air. When mordo is boosted, that attack is doing like 14,500 damage
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Seems like his Blue has been stealth nerfed? It used to generate APs for the special tiles you destroy, but now it doesn't do that anymore. And I don't remember seeing this change being announced anywhere.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    They haven't changed the description to say "and does not earn AP", a line that they almost always add when it is in question. I'll try to test as well, because if they didn't state a change it may be a bug. 

**Edit: I agree, not working to gain AP.  I just tested against a team with Valkyrie on it where she had created a Lot of yellow strike tiles. Vulture had 10+ blue and he went airborne. The damage took place from Hybrid Tech Slicer, but no yellow AP was gained. 

Still thinking this is more of a bug than a stealth nerf. It would help if others could test out different situations as well.
    @himatako
  • Beerman63
    Beerman63 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I got my Vulture at lv 192 currently (4/4/1). Would like to use him more, so now I'm searching for partners (especially 3*s).  You can see my roster on gamependium, but to summarize it, got all 3*s champed and most of them are between lvl. 200 and 220. Got alot of 4*, but most of them are pretty undercovered (expect for C4rol, Black Cat, Cap, Juggernaut & Thanos how are over lvl. 200). Would really appreciate your input.
    Besides, I will soon have enough shards for another cover for Vulture, which one should I go for. I was thinking about getting black to have him @ 5 covers then.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited March 2020
    Vulture is a top-tier solo 4*, so "good partners" for him take two forms: 
    1) help him get in the air and do his own nonsense
    2) benefit from his AP gaining ways

Pro-tip 1: if his green is on the board and he is in the air, countdown shorteners like Flaptain, Hood, Coulson, C4rol, and Goblin can make it fire off early, and it behaves in the same way that it would if he had returned from airborne without pulling him down from the air and hitting AOE.

Pro-tip 2: he collects AP off of his blue when he destroys enemy specials, so you may want to use that to collect black judiciously against enemies like 3* Octopus that keep the board flush with black specials. For instance you may be short 1 or 2 black, or you may have exactly enough black to go airborne, but it may be better (particularly if everyone else is dead) to fire his blue before going airborne so you can have enough AP to get right back up when he lands. Alternatively don't forget to use whoever's blue you're currently powering off of his battery before he goes airborne and drains it for you

4* partners I like:

Sandman/G4mora/Vulture was my go-to stunlock team for a long time - G4mora can stun 2 for very cheap off her blue, then Sandman gives you that AOE with primary target stun, and vulture powers both of them

C&D can help him get in the air with the black on the board, and they also have cheap powers on largely off-colors from him

Domino can do the same, but she works best with someone who can cut catastrophic chunks out of the board. which, if you use her green and the ancillary red that he makes, she does just fine with

Anyone who likes huge banks of AP in the bank like Chavez and Mockingbird, maybe Talos, are good with him

4* Fist can turn the green Vulture makes into Black, though of course Hobofist has a top-tier black nuke

4* Iceman can slay with all that blue and green in the bank

Rogue's green is generally very useful for powering specific powers depending on who you're facing

3* sidekicks: (been awhile since I was a 3* player, so you may need to explore here some)

3* Fist can get black on the board for cheap

Dr. Strang3 has a top tier blue for the 3* group

Kamala Khan's green may or may not be better than Vulture's depending on your level, but her health regen everytime someone fires a power should be going off constantly due to him keeping people pretty liquid on AP

IM40 - he makes a bunch of green for no reason, so you could be mega-battery-ing somebody in the middle like 3* Thor, so you can be using IM40's red to put yellow on the board for IM40 to keep recharging while either vulture or Thor burn the green?
  • Beerman63
    Thank you very much, that are some very useful insights that I hadn't considered yet. I will try the IM40/Thor combo, or Strange / Thor to see how it works. I was also thinking about using Black Cat/Vulture/Strange, as they can stun easily, and the green produced by Vulture would feed Black Cats "Claws Out". But then there would be no red outlet at all, which is definitely a down side.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I really like Black Cat - as a 5* player I use her with Okoye + Spider-Man 2099 as a relatively fast clear team in SCL10 PVE. That being said, Vulture's green is almost certainly better than that since it does very good AOE damage over the single-target from Claws Out.

Some other uses for Vulture - he slays in the boss events with novelty special tiles you have to destroy, like Apocalypse and Galactus. I usually run that one at 5/4/4 so he clears the maximum number of enemy tiles on his blue. Doesn't work so well on Kaecilius in Strange Sights though, since those strikes need to be matched. But Boss Thanos, Boss Apocalypse, Boss Galactus, and the Sinister 6 bosses all go down pretty easy to him.
  • Beerman63
    Tried several of your suggested teams, ended up with Strange/IM40/Vulture. As soon as I get either IM40 or Vulture going, they will produce incredible amounts of AP. Strange punishes enemy attacks and will stun with blue, the rest is Vultures green or IM40s red.
    Really hard to find teams that NOT include Strange&IM40 that I like playing, don't know what I would do without them ;)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Vulture is awesome lol
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 550 Critical Contributor
    Try ‘em with the new iHulk if you can. You will be pleasantly surprised.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Glockoma said:
    Try ‘em with the new iHulk if you can. You will be pleasantly surprised.
    dream team. okoye and hulk for fast matches, but vulture and hulk can take down just about any team, almost feels like cheating as soon as vulture is in the air.
    needs a third to sacrifice, but patsy's pvp loaner and boosted vulture are perfect