**** Vulture (Adrian Toomes) ****

Options

Comments

• Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    I recall seeing (some time ago) a change where championed characters always send the 5-cover version of whatever power. Presumably that's to match the (generally) desired intent, while not requiring you to respec your character for free to send a team-up, and then respec them back again. 

Of course this doesn't work out when you really do want the rank 4 or rank 3 version of the power because it's more beneficial (cheaper, shorter CD, longer airborne time, whatever).

• Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    I meant to say Jaedenkaal is right.they changed it about a year ago.if your character is championed,the team ups are all considered to be at 5 covers.essentially the character is 5/5/5 if all his colours can go out as team ups
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Perhaps you can put another Colossus with only 3 black covers in another slot? No need to level him up or anything and just use him as a source of TU.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of course, to benefit you, you have to convince your alliance to do it. And is all that effort really worth the outcome? Or is it just to be cute?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Please, please let him get into tokens with the season instead of being delayed. His utter **** will combo wonderfully with Cardusa. And since Medusa can produce blue and green for him, 3/5/5 will be just fine. I'll have to fight myself not to constantly abuse this.
    EDIT: Huh. Didn't realize the initials B and S would be censored out.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Please, please let him get into tokens with the season instead of being delayed. His utter tinykitty will combo wonderfully with Cardusa. And since Medusa can produce blue and green for him, 3/5/5 will be just fine. I'll have to fight myself not to constantly abuse this.
    EDIT: Huh. Didn't realize the initials B and S would be censored out.
    I´ve thought at this team too. 5/4/4 Medusa, 5/5/3 Carnage and 3/5/5 Vulture will be horrible to fight!
  • Black Duke
    Options
    Well, I was very keen on championing this guy so I opened my last season´s heroic hoard (about 200 tokens). Even though I´ve pulled four blue covers in a row (thanks RNG!) I was to able to make my 2/2/5 Vulture to a level 274 champion.

Fortunately he´s still buffed so I could test him a bit in PVE & PVP.

Circling Prey
    You´re searching for a reliable AP generator who accelerates himself? There he is! I´ve paired him with buffed Iceman in PVP and I whiteouted my opponents to hell before they could even launch IM40´s Recharge. ;)

There´s no way that you want to have this power below five covers unless you have a better black user (C4rol for example) or you pair Vulture with Cardusa.

One Fell Swoop
    This abilitiy is a powerful (potential) AOE. Since it costs only 9 green AP you´ll able to use this power soon (when he returns from being airbone you´re nearly there). You can even double cast it (which is a huge advantage compared to 4* R&G´s AOE)! 

But remember that you have to defend your CD tiles until Vulture returns from being airborne (which isn´t always an easy task).

Hybrid Tech Slicer 
    This power is pretty unique among 4*-tier (besidesJG´s "Mind Over Matter) since it removes Special tiles of any type. I was even able to destroy Doc Ock´s Reactor tile in the Sinister Six-event! Furthermore it´s a active/passive ability which is incredibly helpful when you have to fight Special tiles-spamming goons.

Conclusion
    Vulture is definitely a top tier character and competes against C4rol for the best 4*-newbie in 2017 since he combines self-accelerating AP generation, high (AOE) damage and Special tiles removal at relatively low AP cost.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I just realized I finally have a battery for Punisher Max! :smiley:
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So does he take over from IM40 as best battery in the game?  That AP gain for only six black is crazy.
    Iron Man gives 36 AP.  Even if a countdown is matched he's still netting more AP than Vulture (24 vs. 20)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    So does he take over from IM40 as best battery in the game?  That AP gain for only six black is crazy.
    Iron Man gives 36 AP.  Even if a countdown is matched he's still netting more AP than Vulture (24 vs. 20)
    On the other hand, Recharge doesn't generate Yellow AP (and in fact, his other moves drain it) whereas one Circling Prey generates 2/3 the cost of the next one. There's also a 0% chance that Vulture will be interrupted or killed before generating those 20 AP, which cannot be said for Iron man.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    I'm using him 3 / 5 / 5 now.
    It's not much of a AP generation loss by 3;ing his black, but his blue becomes much more hefty at 5 covers.
    Fun character, what a frecking trololol he is.

Here I am.
    There I go again.

Here I am. Kidding. Bye.

Here I come.
    Cue Punisher Max madness
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anon said:
    I just realized I finally have a battery for Punisher Max! :smiley:
    Does being airborne count towards making Punisher's black Army of One?
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If i use Riri or Nova and punches enemy Vulture Airborn. Do he generate AP to his team then or do the enemy need to activate Vultures Black to make him generate AP?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    talleman said:
    If i use Riri or Nova and punches enemy Vulture Airborn. Do he generate AP to his team then or do the enemy need to activate Vultures Black to make him generate AP?
    Should work no matter how he goes airborne
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    talleman said:
    Should work no matter how he goes airborne
    I just tested with a Gwenpool TU and Vulture will generate ap anytime he's sent airborne 
  • talleman
    Options
    So does anyone got Vulture champed yet? And what other characters do you pair him with? :)
  • Black Duke
    Options
    talleman said:
    So does anyone got Vulture champed yet? And what other characters do you pair him with? :)
    Yeah, mine is championed at level 274. I´ve played him (5/5/3) with Peggy (5/3/5) and Cloak & Dagger (5/5/3) in Shield Sim. It´s a pretty effective combination since C&D fuels Vulture´s black which fuels Peggy`s blue. Once Vulture goes Airborne the battle is almost over!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    talleman said:
    Me! Had him champed a week ago (lucky pulls!)
    As for now I'm using him with Peggy (and essential Mockingbird). He's still boosted which is lovely.
    I'm also having fun with Vulture + Riri and Bl4de.
    Setting Vulture to 5/5/3 and Riri to 5/5/3? Wait, Riri and Blade? That's a lot of overlap.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Though I dont have champion vulture, I would suggest another team for vulture
    Vulture, 4 IF , 4 cage or medusa

once vulture is flying, ironfist could use blue--> green--> to generate black
    You dont need to match black.  
    Ironfist could generate enough black for vulture. 
    Vulture also generate green ap for ironfist
    So only 6 ap black could keep vulture flying to the end.
  • talleman
    Options
    Got myself a black Vulture cover in a LT putting him at 5-2-1. Currently got him as only BH but im not sure what to do. Would really like to get him champed asap but in case of a black cover bonus pull i surely will regret not choose R&G who is currently at 4-3-3...decisions -.-