**** Vulture (Adrian Toomes) ****

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    While Vulture has been boosted along with Blade this week, it's been an excellent combo so far. 
    When boosted, Vulture's blue is doing around 15K damage. These two both have good green powers, but I set Vulture at 5/3/5 so that Blade can use the green. The difference in AOE damage is lower for Blade, but the heal is very valuable. Plus you don't need the timing concern of going airborne for Vulture's full aoe damage.  Further, it doesn't need to be said that Vulture's black is far superior to Blade's black.

So the problem is finding a yellow-purple character to round out the other colors. Mockingbird was surprisingly boosted this week as well. Her purple compliments the teams strongest color, being Blade's red (for most users Blade will be higher leveled than Vulture). It's also a nice challenge to try to set up the enemy team to set off her yellow passive to earn a power for 'free'. Too bad my Mockingbird was low covered so I couldn't use her very long. 
    There are a number of other yellow-purple characters to choose from, Coulson or C&D seemed to be among the best choices.  

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    I can only agree. And add that Mockingbird is excellent together with these guys. She brings yellow and purple, and a VERY STRONG red if Blade would somehow die or get tired.
    I'm also surprise to see how often Mockingbird activates a random skil, especially when used with Vulture who keeps AP levels very high most of the time. Too bad she often triggers Blade's black in these cases. :(
    Presumably Vulture isn't a valid choice a lot of the time, if he's airborne. 

Well, if you've got 7 Red AP, at least adding some red tiles to the board isn't the worst thing out there. It was the 11 Black AP cost that made that power bad.
  • Rick_OShay
    edited September 2017
    Vulture continues to impress. Besides the amazing AP generation, his blue power, Hybrid Tech Slicer, might just be my favorite. When used optimally it will remove (and gain AP from) all enemy specials on the board, including CD's.

This helps other characters tremendously who need 0 enemy specials on the board for their full damage effect.
    This works well for Cloak & Dagger, for just 8 yellow, they do full AOE damage instead of single target damage. C&D may take some damage while Vulture is airborne, but they also have a true heal. 

Separately, with Vulture cleansing the board of enemy specials, and gaining just a couple of red each turn that he is airborne, it is surprising how quickly you can build up Luke C4ge's red power to full effect. This one is often an afterthought since it's expensive at 13AP, and you can't get the bonus damage (total of 15K+!) unless the board of free of enemy specials. Now, it's easier than ever to build up to that incredible buncha fiddle faddle one-shot.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture continues to impress. Besides the amazing AP generation, his blue power, Hybrid Tech Slicer, might just be my favorite. When used optimally it will remove (and gain AP from) all enemy specials on the board, including CD's.

This helps other characters tremendously who need 0 enemy specials on the board for their full damage effect.
    This works well for Cloak & Dagger, for just 8 yellow, they do full AOE damage instead of single target damage. C&D may take some damage while Vulture is airborne, but they also have a true heal. 

Separately, with Vulture cleansing the board of enemy specials, and gaining just a couple of red each turn that he is airborne, it is surprising how quickly you can build up Luke C4ge's red power to full effect. This one is often an afterthought since it's expensive at 13AP, and you can't get the bonus damage (total of 15K+!) unless the board of free of enemy specials. Now, it's easier than ever to build up to that incredible buncha fiddle faddle one-shot.
    Speaking of Luke Cage, Vulture can counter his passive, since Hybrid Tech Slicer, when activated by Vulture going airborne, occurs after Cage makes the protect tile, and since it is activated passively, the activation of Hybrid Tech Slicer doesn't trigger another protect tile, thus leaving the board clear.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    so, this might sound crazy but I **really** want to try all those awesome vulture teams.
    my problem: he is 205.
    the crazy part: I have 600+ cp, and 14LTs. I am seriously thinking about opening my tokens, hope for that one cover and buy the rest, after that I'm going back to saving and do the same with mockingbird.
  • ammenell
    join who?

• ammenell
    edited September 2017
    after that vulture stunt it will take a while, but she is definitely next after I got seriously destroyed by her.
    i did hit a superb cascade, but that ap didn't do me any good  :p

edit, for anyone interested:
    I got lucky! after 4LTs I got a bonus green AND no wasted cover...

last edit, I swear:
    jeeez, is he fun, with clagger and coulson
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed this during the latest versus tournament: it seems 5* Thanos's Infinite Power can block the AOE mode of Vulture's One Fell Swoop.  If Vulture can't remove the countdown tile, he just lands without attacking.
  • Rick_OShay
    jamesh said:
    I noticed this during the latest versus tournament: it seems 5* Thanos's Infinite Power can block the AOE mode of Vulture's One Fell Swoop.  If Vulture can't remove the countdown tile, he just lands without attacking.
    Yes, that little surprise happened to me too, and I really needed that AOE to down two opponents with my Vulture. Barely still won, but now this is good to know for battling Vulture teams in Sim etc. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It also seems Vulture can remove multiple countdowns when he lands.

In one match, I forgot to cast green before taking off one turn.  So next time around I had enough green AP to cast One Fell Swoop twice and take off again.  When he landed, I got 24K of AOE damage (due to him being boosted in the event).

I'm not sure how useful this would be generally (since I could have dealt half of that damage earlier), but maybe it would be for some enemies that punish you for dealing large amounts of damage?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    It also seems Vulture can remove multiple countdowns when he lands.

In one match, I forgot to cast green before taking off one turn.  So next time around I had enough green AP to cast One Fell Swoop twice and take off again.  When he landed, I got 24K of AOE damage (due to him being boosted in the event).

I'm not sure how useful this would be generally (since I could have dealt half of that damage earlier), but maybe it would be for some enemies that punish you for dealing large amounts of damage?
    Also a better chance to get at least one of them, since they only get 2 turns to match them both, instead of 4 turns
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    I'm just 100k ISO from championing Vulture, with 2 black covers on the vine. What is his best build ? 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Depends on what team you plug him in on. 3/5/5 if he's your main blue/green user, otherwise 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 depending on who he is fueling. 

Here's my write up on him: 
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172mkcbadO1eB4o6aLRzhjsGB7tEVNRodyRYjurkyGTw/edit#gid=209783817
  • D4Ni13
    Depends on what time you plug him in on. 3/5/5 if he's your main blue/green user, otherwise 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 depending on who he is fueling. 

Here's my write up on him: 
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/172mkcbadO1eB4o6aLRzhjsGB7tEVNRodyRYjurkyGTw/edit#gid=209783817
    Thanks, really helpful :smile:
  • D4Ni13
    Vulture really helped me beat the 5* required mission with Doc Ock. Because of him there are 2 ways to win the mission.

I play with Vulture, C&D and Doc Ock.
    Vulture's blue destroys CD tiles when he goes airborne. You can use his green and keep destroying the CD until you win the fight (but can be really slow) OR you can use Doc Ock's green (if you have the green cover) and use the green AP generated by Vulture to get Doc Ock's tile in the final phase and match it when the CD has 1 turn left. That results in an instawin. Since  the enemies are goons you can easily protect that tile and keep a match there for that turn.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker

Like Mockingbird, this Hulk PVE is the first time I've taken Vulture out for a spin - mine is 1/1/5, so hardly ideal but pretty good fun - look forward to getting more covers

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

My Vulture is only 2/1/0, so I am relying on the loaner in Junkyard Wars.

I am very thankful that Thanos' Court Death can stun him even when he is Airborne.

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:

I am very thankful that Thanos' Court Death can stun him even when he is Airborne.

Say what? Airborn targets can be stunned now?
  • Quebbster
    edited November 2017
    talleman said:
    Quebbster said:

By Thanos, at least. I Think it is the "stun all" aspect that overwrites the Airborne status.

Now that I Think of it, Spider-Gwen might be able to stun an Airborne Vulture too since it is random. It needs to be an untargeted stun to do the trick though. Maybe Peggy can do it too...

• Quebbster
    mexus said:
    Quebbster said:
    talleman said:
    Quebbster said:

By Thanos, at least. I Think it is the "stun all" aspect that overwrites the Airborne status.

Now that I Think of it, Spider-Gwen might be able to stun an Airborne Vulture too since it is random. It needs to be an untargeted stun to do the trick though. Maybe Peggy can do it too...

Once the Scarlet Witch threw her purple on me and no one got stunned. Probably the stun tried to target my airborne Vulture and failed. Isn't her stun random? I made a bug thread about it when it happened so maybe they fixed it.
    Yeah, it is random. Maybe it needs to be a "stun all" effect.