Gambit Character Update Details (6/26/18)

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    When will he be nerfed, he's still what he was in my roster?
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Daiches said:
    I could have sworn there were 14 pages instead of 13 in this discussion. Are comments getting nerfed too?
    Yes, they are,
    qandols said:
    When will he be nerfed, he's still what he was in my roster?
    Brigby said:
    We know how hard people work to earn a 5-Star character, and it can feel bad to have a thing you invested time into change. So, in addition to the compensation plan outlined below if you choose to sell your Gambit, we're communicating this change a full season in advance. So, if you finally just got your Gambit, you still have a season to use him as you expected.

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    We will also be giving out a Latest Legend token to any player who uses Gambit (Classic) over the upcoming Mind Stone Season.
    Will this token be given out at the end of the season, or is it supposed to be delivered after first use?  I gave my Gambit a spin during a match for the Wasp tournament and nothing happened.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoser said:
    Typical D3.....Completely destroy any character that players are using alot. This is Old Man Logan II. Why even spend time AND MONEY on this game if D3 is just going to bow to all the new player complaints. These newer people think they should be able to just jump into the game and be competitive. I have played this game since it came out over 4 years ago and I have played EVERY day and have worked to build up my roster, and yes, Gambit. But because newer players express their concerns, forget the players that have played this game religiously for years. This is twice D3....how many more times do you think your dedicated players will put up with this again. 

//Removed Insult -Brigby
    I'm confused - Gambit has been around for 9 months not 4 years so why would newer players be to blame for his nerf? Unless they were mega-whales, would they even be in the 5* tier?
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    DAZ0273 said:

I'm confused - Gambit has been around for 9 months not 4 years so why would newer players be to blame for his nerf? Unless they were mega-whales, would they even be in the 5* tier?
    Because the majority of complains came from those who had not a viable champed Gambit and newer players wouldn't have been able to get a fully covered and champed Gambit with the diluition of characters as it is .

Now the complains come from those who invested time, resources and money to chase a "very good" character, hoping to be competitive in this game and now they see this nerf as a big punch in the face.

Those players have lost any trust in  D3  Development team and this is not a good move in marketing :(

JMO of course,...(but also the one of many others, if you read these pages full of complains).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    WEBGAS said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Because the majority of complains came from those who had not a viable champed Gambit and newer players wouldn't have been able to get a fully covered and champed Gambit with the diluition of characters as it is .

Now the complains come from those who invested time, resources and money to chase a "very good" character, hoping to be competitive in this game and now they see this nerf as a big punch in the face.

Those players have lost any trust in  D3  Development team and this is not a good move in marketing :(

JMO of course,...(but also the one of many others, if you read these pages full of complains).

It was mostly players with champed Gambits who were asking for a nerf.
  • WEBGAS
    Bowgentle said:

Yes, mostly the ones with champed Gthor,DD, JJ and Okoye....For them, Gambit was only a delay for a quick win. Now they can dominate PVP.

BTW I am not against a rebalancing....but this way they completely killed the character. 
  • DAZ0273
    WEBGAS said:
    DAZ0273 said:

As I understand it, a lot of champed Gambit's were born out of a combination of a CP exploit and Amazon digital day. There wasn't any restriction on how long you had played the game to acquire him if you had the money to spend chasing.

I also remember complaints about Gambit literally from the minute he was released and they weren't all coming from new players.

What even is a "new player" anyway in these circumstances? Less than a year in?
  • DAZ0273
    WEBGAS said:
    Bowgentle said:

Yes, mostly the ones with champed Gthor,DD, JJ and Okoye....For them, Gambit was only a delay for a quick win. Now they can dominate PVP.

BTW I am not against a rebalancing....but this way they completely killed the character. 
    If they were able to champ DD then surely they would have had a fair run at champing Gambit also? Sorry, not looking to be argumentative but this idea that the nerf is down to new player complaints seems very strange to me.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    WEBGAS said:
    Bowgentle said:

Mostly those being forced to use him over and over and over and, well, you get the idea...
    and they asked well before jones or Okoye came along

but still most important off all, hardly any asked for a kill, just a bit of a rebalance.

(btw, if you dont have gambit and none of those you mention, would you really care either way?)
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    DAZ0273 said:
    WEBGAS said:
    DAZ0273 said:

As I understand it, a lot of champed Gambit's were born out of a combination of a CP exploit and Amazon digital day. There wasn't any restriction on how long you had played the game to acquire him if you had the money to spend chasing.

I also remember complaints about Gambit literally from the minute he was released and they weren't all coming from new players.

Most Gambits come from the fact that everyone was hoarding because of how incredibly bad Ock and SL were. The 2$7cp exploit affected 2 alliances (and a few whales rotating to *one of the* alliances), so only about 40-50 players boosting way past level 500. Digital Day had anyone that wanted to spend 6-8000$ on 1/3 price Starks to get 550 characters.
    But for players in the 450-490 range it is hoarding that got us Gambit.

*Removed inappropriate content - Ducky
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    I do not have a lot of playable 5* but often use Bl4de and someone with suitable colors (read Vulture) with him. Have him at level 280 but fully covered. Lets see how he does post-nerf :)
  • DAZ0273
    edited June 2018

Daiches said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    WEBGAS said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Most Gambits come from the fact that everyone was hoarding because of how incredibly bad Ock and SL were. The 2$7cp exploit affected 2 alliances (and a few whales rotating to *one of the*  alliances), so only about 40-50 players boosting way past level 500. Digital Day had anyone that wanted to spend 6-8000$ on 1/3 price Starks to get 550 characters.
    Right, fair enough, players in that position of having large hoards are not going to have been new ones.

• WEBGAS
    For sure Gambit is the most debated character.  :D

Did he needded a rebalance? YES from day 1(all players could agree with this statement, I think)
    But an instant kill like the one they made? 
    I think they could have easily found a way to rebalance him without nerfing so bad at the point that he will be useless.

Furthermore, why the 1st rebalance was designed to let Gambit become even more powerful than he just was?
    And why wait all these months to decide to nerf him so bad?

The only answer I've found is that they created this "must have" character and wanted as many players to chase it, hence spending money.....Now that he is not achievable anymore if not via BH, due to the diluition of vaulting, they finally realize that he is a broken character and needed a rebalance?

Please, don't insult my intelligence!

Am I angry? A bit, but mostly I am  disillusioned because after OML nerf I thought they learned the lession.
    Now I've lost completely any trust in the developpers.

As I said before, I will continue to play as a F2P players, getting all that I can get without spending a single cent, until I will be bored enough to quit.
    So please, let me vent out my disappointment and frustration.
    I am not against anyone who think it different from me  ;)
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Daiches said:
    Most Gambits come from the fact that everyone was hoarding because of how incredibly bad Ock and SL were. The 2$7cp exploit affected 2 alliances (and a few whales rotating to the cheating alliance), so only about 40-50 players boosting way past level 500. Digital Day had anyone that wanted to spend 6-8000$ on 1/3 price Starks to get 550 characters.
    I didn’t hoard, I’m not a whale, I participated in no nefarious exploits, and spent 0 on digital day.  I have a 46x gambit.  You make some odd claims regarding how we got our gambits.

and my 46x gambit is happily awaiting his gutting.  
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    So a champed 450 gambit sold will net how many tokens?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Most Gambits come from the fact that everyone was hoarding because of how incredibly bad Ock and SL were. The 2$7cp exploit affected 2 alliances (and a few whales rotating to the cheating alliance), so only about 40-50 players boosting way past level 500. Digital Day had anyone that wanted to spend 6-8000$ on 1/3 price Starks to get 550 characters.
    I didn’t hoard, I’m not a whale, I participated in no nefarious exploits, and spent 0 on digital day.  I have a 46x gambit.  You make some odd claims regarding how we got our gambits.

and my 46x gambit is happily awaiting his gutting.  
    You may want to reread what I wrote. Because it seems you are replying to the guy I'm replying to, instead of replying to me.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    How do you know?  They have not made an official announcement on compensation unless I’m missing it.  So you should clarify that you’re speculating based on past precedent.