Wiccan (Billy Kaplan) (6/12/18)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Question for those more familiar with Wiccan...
    How is his name pronounced?
    "Wick-can" or "Wee-can"?
    "Wick-can". Rhymes with "Sicken"
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    "Wick-can" or "Wee-can"?
    He is now riding a rollercoaster in my mind. Weeeee!  

Its wick-an. 
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it comes from the Anglo-Saxon or old English wicca (or wycca) m. or wicce f. that broadly means witch. Wiccan was co-opted by the modern pagan witchcraft religions to describe themselves from some point in the mid 20th century, in England at least. I guess they wanted something more specific, and with fewer negative burnt-at-the-stake connotations, than pagan. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There will likely be a new thread with details and bundle announcements, but looks like there is a Hulkling Support with a Wiccan power that has a chance of giving AP in a color below 6 AP.

I did a double-take at the percentage before realizing that was showing the fully-leveled values.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is that some kind of guess or privy info? B)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Wick-can" or "Wee-can"?
    That's actually wrong. It's [wik-uh n] and [sik-uh n].
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks OJSP for the enlightenment. The healing looks interesting. I wonder if it's going to be true heal or temporary heal.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Borstock said:
    "Wick-can" or "Wee-can"?
    Sure. But they do rhyme. As long as you’re into schwas 
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    with his green power suspiciously targeting the same row twice a lot (3/4 for me) and the fact he is kinda .. super slow, he doesn't seem like BH material.
    i was interested on paper, but that green is wicca... wonky. 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Soooo sloooowwwwww...

I think his only viable team partners are Chavez and a battery. Vulture maybe. You gotta get his AP up quick before he dies from being so squishy, and then when you finally do transform him, you can't cast his powers anyway or he'll transform back. And I too have had the "destroy same column twice" when I finally do get his green.

I guess since the Latest / Classic split is gone, I'll cover him in a year or so. Maybe.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Soooo sloooowwwwww...

I think his only viable team partners are Chavez and a battery. Vulture maybe. You gotta get his AP up quick before he dies from being so squishy, and then when you finally do transform him, you can't cast his powers anyway or he'll transform back. And I too have had the "destroy same column twice" when I finally do get his green.

I guess since the Latest / Classic split is gone, I'll cover him in a year or so. Maybe.
    Once in he is in Demiurge mode he stays there. He does not transform back no matter how low the APs get, thereafter. 
    Thats the first thing I tested in the Sheild Training loaner node. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Borstock said:
    "Wick-can" or "Wee-can"?
    Sure. But they do rhyme. As long as you’re into schwas 
    In schwas we trust?
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    With the understanding that an undercovered character is always weak and he's mostly support, this kid hits like wet cardboard. Looking at the recent 4*s since Valkyrie, with the possible exception of Iron Spider, I guess power creep is no longer a thing.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once in he is in Demiurge mode he stays there. He does not transform back no matter how low the APs get, thereafter. 
    Thats the first thing I tested in the Sheild Training loaner node. 
    Ah. That does help greatly.

In the Training loaner node, my Wiccan flat out died before he could do spit. So my opinion of the squish is somewhat coloured by that.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not sure if this has been answered already, but once he's Demiurge, he's in front all the time.  Does this negate Rogue, Thing, Deadpools, etc. passive powers where they jump in front in certain circumstances?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Not sure if this has been answered already, but once he's Demiurge, he's in front all the time.  Does this negate Rogue, Thing, Deadpools, etc. passive powers where they jump in front in certain circumstances?
    Rogue still jumps in front when the enemy makes the appropriate match, and then goes right back. I'd assume Thing and DP do the same, although I have not tested. Also haven't tested if Colossus, Spider-Woman, or Thanos will stay in front when their CDs are out.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    ammenell said:
    with his green power suspiciously targeting the same row twice a lot (3/4 for me) and the fact he is kinda .. super slow, he doesn't seem like BH material.
    The team is currently looking into that scenario, since we agree that Chain Lightning hitting the same column twice in a row does make the power feel rather lackluster. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    ammenell said:
    The team is currently looking into that scenario, since we agree that Chain Lightning hitting the same column twice in a row does make the power feel rather lackluster. 
    idk if naything was hotfixed regarding this, but i havent had anything happen like that since the loaner node. using him in the pve matches he seems to be hitting multiple columns quite regularly