DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it true healing? 
    "restores X health", not 'burst of X health', so I'd guess so,
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WEBGAS said:
    Wiccan seems interesting...until he'll be nerfed. >:)

BTW , thank you Devs to keep releasing characters during an Alliance event.
    Give me a Boss Battle anytime instead of those recycled PVE resulting in a race to clear faster than the other players in your bracket. Less stress, more fun with your allianc's mates. 
    Win Win for everyone.
    Thank YOU  <3
    The term everyone is not applicable here.  Not everyone wins doing boss events for new releases.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WEBGAS said:

Give me a Boss Battle anytime instead of those recycled PVE resulting in a race to clear faster than the other players in your bracket. Less stress, more fun with your allianc's mates. 
    Win Win for everyone.
    Thank YOU  <3
    The term everyone is not applicable here.  Not everyone wins doing boss events for new releases.
    But not everyone wins during regular release events either.  In fact, it's only the top 100 from each 1000 person bracket.  So the question should be "do more than 10% of players clear round 5 in boss events?".
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    jamesh said:
    WEBGAS said:

Win Win for everyone.
    Thank YOU  <3
    But not everyone wins during regular release events either.  In fact, it's only the top 100 from each 1000 person bracket.  So the question should be "do more than 10% of players clear round 5 in boss events?".
    The number of people who 'win' go from top 1-10% of players to probably more in the 20-40% range I would guess.  It's a net gain for the game as a whole with those at the top losing a little from the exchange.

That people at the top losing could be easily solved with updating the rewards and supporting SCLs.  Make SCL9 have 5 4* covers from progression but be hard enough that only those top alliances can do it.  Make SCL8 4 4*s, SCL7 3 4*s etc.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Our alliance has only recently begun to get to round 7 in alliance events; so tying my ability to acquire a new character to the performance of other people I don't know IRL and only have so much influence over can be frustrating. But I'd say we are at least as likely to get a single cover for a new release this way, and increasingly likely to get more, so I am generally in favor of it compared to a standard event. I'd still like to see some sort of SCL-based scaling on the refreshes though
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Our alliance has only recently begun to get to round 7 in alliance events; so tying my ability to acquire a new character to the performance of other people I don't know IRL and only have so much influence over can be frustrating. But I'd say we are at least as likely to get a single cover for a new release this way, and increasingly likely to get more, so I am generally in favor of it compared to a standard event. I'd still like to see some sort of SCL-based scaling on the refreshes though
    You could always switch to a more competitive alliance. If you're someone who consistently finishes in the top-100, you should have no trouble finding an alliance that finishes boss events.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Mystical Destiny - bluetilepng Passive
    Wiccan is destined to become the Demiurge, a powerful being who will rewrite the laws of magic. At the start of the turn, if you have at least 6 AP in all colors, Wiccan transforms into the Demiurge and this power becomes Power of the Demiurge.

Power of the Demiurgebluetilepng Passive
    As the Demiurge, Wiccan has the power to shape reality to his will. All matches made by Wiccan will clear their row or column, dealing damage and generating AP. Wiccan becomes the target of all enemy attacks.

Does this mean he also makes all matches?  Otherwise this power is useless with 5*s.....or even most 4*s since new characters will now take forever to get leveled enough to tank any colors thanks to dilution.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Wiccan is destined to become the Demiurge, a powerful being who will rewrite the laws of magic. At the start of the turn, if you have at least 6 AP in all colors, Wiccan transforms into the Demiurge and this power becomes Power of the Demiurge.

As the Demiurge, Wiccan has the power to shape reality to his will. All matches made by Wiccan will clear their row or column, dealing damage and generating AP. Wiccan becomes the target of all enemy attacks.

Does this mean he also makes all matches?  Otherwise this power is useless with 5*s.....or even most 4*s since new characters will now take forever to get leveled enough to tank any colors thanks to dilution.
    I assume that his design means that you want to get his yellow power out before you trigger the change to help protect him whilst he draws fire but yes, without covers he will be difficult to get best out of.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    I’m liking the trend of 4* release boss events.

Ditto this.  I just wish they'd run a Boss event sometime other than Thursday thru Sunday so the majority of my alliance could participate.  Weekends are when most of us work.  It'd be nice to have like 1 in 10 that started on Monday and ran until Thursday so the same people weren't getting screwed over every time :(
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    LakeStone said:

I assume that his design means that you want to get his yellow power out before you trigger the change to help protect him whilst he draws fire but yes, without covers he will be difficult to get best out of.
    I think he's one who will be better on paper than in practice.  I think I'm going to bonus Spidey out of the next two to enter packs.  Really excited about that Miles synergy.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:

I'm curious if this means he jumps in front, or just eats all damage from wherever he is. Nothing about this power says he needs to tank any color
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    cschwinge said:
    abmoraz said:
    broll said:

Ditto this.  I just wish they'd run a Boss event sometime other than Thursday thru Sunday so the majority of my alliance could participate.  Weekends are when most of us work.  It'd be nice to have like 1 in 10 that started on Monday and ran until Thursday so the same people weren't getting screwed over every time :(
    Plenty of us have weekday jobs
    Agreed.  I have a weekday job.  But there's a non-insignificant amount of players that don't.

I'm not asking for every Boss event to be moved, or even the majority of them, just to have an occasional one that runs some other time than Thurs-Sun.

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LakeStone said:

I'm curious if this means he jumps in front, or just eats all damage from wherever he is. Nothing about this power says he needs to tank any color
    Based on other characters with similar abilities, I expect it means he will jump to the front during the enemy's turn. If Wiccan is on the other team, you will not be able to switch to another enemy. Time will tell for sure.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LakeStone said:

Use with Vulture. I hear Vulture doesn't make his own matches very often :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    broll said:

The boss events are less time consuming than normal PvP events.  By design you've got 8 hour windows were there is generally nothing that can be done other than potentially one boss clear if a round changes.  As long as your members do a clear before work and one after and don't have like 12 hour work days I don't see the challenge.  
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm, seeing mention of Demolition in the Cascade thread had me thinking.

The Demiurge blue passive is just doing tile destruction that collects AP, with different flavor text, right? If the other tiles in the column/row are treated as matched instead that makes a difference for a lot of powers that it could trigger.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sounds like he should be a beast when boosted. Unboosted, underleveled, or paired with 5*s and he'll be pretty limited, tho if he can tank a couple colors there should be good cascade potential. And unlike Mockingbird, you don't have to bait the enemy into matches. His yellow works much better to keep him alive while you are extending the match to save up ap. Green is a decent nuke that could have crazy cascades if he's transformed.
    Probably not top tier, but I like the design. I don't think his blue needs to be 2 stages since his first stage doesn't do anything.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Straycat said:
    I don't think his blue needs to be 2 stages since his first stage doesn't do anything. 
    It was probably necessitated by the fact that in Stage 2 he becomes the target of all enemy attacks, whereas he is not in Stage 1.