Wiccan (Billy Kaplan) (6/12/18)

Options

Comments

• Cormackie
    Cormackie Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for the answer! I assumed as much, still looks good. Sorry to ask another question, but if he needs to tank colours for the passive, is he like America who has increased match damage?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Cormackie said:
    Thanks for the answer! I assumed as much, still looks good. Sorry to ask another question, but if he needs to tank colours for the passive, is he like America who has increased match damage?
    No problem, and no, he does not have improved match damage. He's 85/74/65 as with most others.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is he Wiccan (Billy Kaplan) like the thread title says or Wiccan (Young Avengers) like the event info says?
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

Wiccan Good Deals

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
    • Starts: Thu, June 14, 12:00am EDT
    • Ends: Thu, June 21, 12:00am EDT
    • Price: 7,000 Hero Points
    • Contents: 
      • Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
      • Quake (Daisy Johnson)
      • 16 Elite tokens
      • 6 Command Points
      • 20,000 Iso-8

Given that this deal isn't available yet, I'm going to guess there's a typo in the original post.  Should that say 12:00pm EDT?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mbaren said:

Wiccan Good Deals

S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Heroes for Hire
    • Starts: Thu, June 14, 12:00am EDT
    • Ends: Thu, June 21, 12:00am EDT
    • Price: 7,000 Hero Points
    • Contents: 
      • Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
      • Quake (Daisy Johnson)
      • 16 Elite tokens
      • 6 Command Points
      • 20,000 Iso-8

Given that this deal isn't available yet, I'm going to guess there's a typo in the original post.  Should that say 12:00pm EDT?

Going by last release, it should go live when the boss battle starts. So yeah, noon EDT, not midnight. (I can never remember which one is AM and which one is PM).
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Going by last release, it should go live when the boss battle starts. So yeah, noon EDT, not midnight. (I can never remember which one is AM and which one is PM).
    Well, apparently you're in good company, because they seem to be having trouble with that, too :smile:
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just saw the Wiccan character artwork in game from the Apocalypse Boss rewards cover. The comic cover is great, but the character design itself not so much. It looks very undetailed, plain, and generic. Whatever happened to his metal headband or the Galaxy type design on the black parts of his costume. If I did not know it was supposed to be Wiccan then I would think it was a generic goon or something. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    Just saw the Wiccan character artwork in game from the Apocalypse Boss rewards cover. The comic cover is great, but the character design itself not so much. It looks very undetailed, plain, and generic. Whatever happened to his metal headband or the Galaxy type design on the black parts of his costume. If I did not know it was supposed to be Wiccan then I would think it was a generic goon or something. 
    That got tossed in the Young Avengers relaunch with America and Kid Loki.

I'm with you though. This is a boring, generic look. His original design had more flair to it.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    He has the galactic stripes once he transforms in to the Demiurge.

I really like how he plays on Shield Training. Rogue was tanking most of his colors (she is one of my best leveled 4*s coincidentally), so unless she was stunned I only got the full effect by matching blue. Way to construct an enemy team to really showcase his powers! One thing I noticed: Rogue's jump-in-front seemed to be taking precedence to Wiccan's, even when her health was lower than his. Not sure that's a bug or intended.

Now I'm super sad about flat 4* odds; I really want to get this dude to champ asap
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boss event for new characters are great imo. Maybe d3 will meet the "angry" forum people at a middle ground and give out 2 overs for finishing round 7
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, I'm done.  Round 2 and I've had all I can stomach of this boss.  No cover is worth this.  You have actual good boss events, let us play them from  now on please
  • Shintok17
    Options
    n25philly said:
    Well, I'm done.  Round 2 and I've had all I can stomach of this boss.  No cover is worth this.  You have actual good boss events, let us play them from  now on please
    I actually like the Apocalypse Boss. It's fun using different strategies to get rid of all the Horsemen. His healing is annoying at times, but you can kill him in between rounds if you save up your powers. I'm using 4* ME Hulk, 3* Scarlet Witch, and 4* Deadpool. It's working out wonderfully so far. Good luck. Don't leave your Alliance hanging keep trying your best.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Tile swappers and color changers work best on most of the bosses; you can 1-shot apocalypse straight up with C4rol (and similar nukers) for at least a few rounds. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kate Bishop's blue also negates Apocalypse's healing, so her with an accelerator (IM40, Vulture, etc) can make it pretty straightforward, even if you can't kill him in a single turn and don't want to play the horsemen's game.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    I actually like the Apocalypse Boss. It's fun using different strategies to get rid of all the Horsemen. His healing is annoying at times, but you can kill him in between rounds if you save up your powers. I'm using 4* ME Hulk, 3* Scarlet Witch, and 4* Deadpool. It's working out wonderfully so far. Good luck. Don't leave your Alliance hanging keep trying your best.
    I'm not the only one that hates this one in my alliance, we didn't even get one cover when they ran this for jubilee.  No alliance is worth this torture anyway
  • Shintok17
    Options
    n25philly said:
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    I'm not the only one that hates this one in my alliance, we didn't even get one cover when they ran this for jubilee.  No alliance is worth this torture anyway
    To each their own. My alliance for the Apocalypse event since it was released has never beat the last Round, but we always get there. Good luck.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I'm sure it's all based on what your roster looks like and how active your alliance is; our alliance has myself and a few others that hit full personal progression, a bunch that tend to peter out around 150k points, and a bunch who join the event but never seem to do anything. Lately we've been completing round 6, which is a nice improvement. 

I prefer this event to sinister 6, the dual-wave-bosses in S6 give you double the points, but really make it feel like hard work to do. I'll take the puzzle-based bosses like Apocalypse any day
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    n25philly said:
    n25philly said:
    Shintok17 said:
    n25philly said:
    Round 2? Maybe you should spend less energy insisting that this event is garbage (because it isn't, many people enjoy it, and when you repeatedly claim it's a bad event people start to ignore your criticisms), and more energy on asking the forums what they do for this event. Strategizing, building a gameplan.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First look very solid.  He needs to be paired with a yellow battery (C&D) or quick healer or he is going to get destroyed before he can get rolling.  Could be a monster on the right team, or against the right team, that green will be devastating against specific teams.  Do we finally have a good counter to Cardusa?  For a character I know nothing about excited to play this one :)