Wiccan (Billy Kaplan) (6/12/18)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone said:
    (Abilities listed at level 270, Power Level 5)
    Mystical Destiny - bluetilepng Passive
    Wiccan is destined to become the Demiurge, a powerful being who will rewrite the laws of magic. At the start of the turn, if you have at least 6 AP in all colors, Wiccan transforms into the De,iurge and this power becomes Power of the Demiurge.

Wiccan looks cool and all but how do you have a spelling error for Demiurge?! ;)
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Apocalypse again?  I officially hate you
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

Team him with Chavez and things will get out of control. Keep that AP, and it just keeps on getting worse for the opponent as he gains AP from the row clears. Not sure if I am reading this right, but it looks like if Chavez can tank, it becomes beatdown city.
    Chavez can only tank in the beginning. Once you have 6 AP in each color, he becomes the Demiurge and starts tanking everything.  What it does not say is if you transform back to Wiccan if any color AP drops below 6
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy ****, he looks great! I'm seconding the idea of pairing him with Chavez (with Ticket to the Multiverse at 5 covers) and Vulture.

I'm also thrilled that his release is tied to a boss event. I'll be able to get 2-3 covers from it, whereas if it were a traditional PvE I might only be able to get one at best, if they give out his covers to the top 100 placement, and it would be exhausting and time-intensive and it would make me not want to play for about a week after.
  • Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Yes, Wiccan!

(I'm showing myself the way out, don't worry, I know the way)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. Those are cool sounding powers; I wonder if he will turn out to actually be the anti-4ocket team with that green? Seems like a great third for Carnage/Medusa. I look forward to champing him in 2019 sometime
    Probably not.  By the time you get 12 green he has already killed you and probably a team mate as well.  As much as people don't want to admit it, Kraven is the best Grocket counter.  Problem is that is ALL he does and he is dead weight otherwise.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. Those are cool sounding powers; I wonder if he will turn out to actually be the anti-4ocket team with that green? Seems like a great third for Carnage/Medusa. I look forward to champing him in 2019 sometime
    Probably not.  By the time you get 12 green he has already killed you and probably a team mate as well.  As much as people don't want to admit it, Kraven is the best Grocket counter.  Problem is that is ALL he does and he is dead weight otherwise.
    I crashed and burned on a couple champion Kraven teams in simulator, I would use him as an anti-rocket in a heartbeat if I'd been able to get that 13th cover for mine before the 4* odd went flat. I guess he is actually the anti-rocket in that you bring him in to do the one thing just like you bring rocket in to do the one thing. At least rocket has some good damage dealing on his other powers though.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Why is this being done with another boss event?  With dilution back at full, covering toons is even harder and losing 2 covers is not the way to convince me to spend money.
    Get a new alliance. This is the easiest way to get 3 covers for a 4*. 
    I think they meant they usually get 5 covers (top1 personal and t100 alliance) :wink:
    Yep.  That’s what he meant.  
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I have a question, how will chain lightning affect a boss like kaecelius? Will the destroy tiles count as damage against him or do nothing?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for making the new 4* covers Alliance Progression Rewards for the Boss event. Loving it. Now my Alliance members get 3 covers without dealing with PVP & PVE Placement. Also makes it easier to have Wiccan for the Essential 4* Node.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I have a question, how will chain lightning affect a boss like kaecelius? Will the destroy tiles count as damage against him or do nothing?
    I’m pretty sure you need to match strike tiles to damage Kaecelius so I’m guessing it would do nothing. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Kaecilius' strikes have to be included in a match. Wiccan does seem like he's meant for bringing to a Galactus or Ultron fight, though.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    He actually looks pretty good, all the more reason I'm upset about this new pack dilution. Please re-evaluate this decision.  :/
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are people really complaining about releases in boss events? I love that. Bosses are marginally more interesting to play and don't require massive time sinks and laser precision finishes to get full covers.

Character looks dope, but being a 5* player makes it kinda hard to get stoked for him. I wish Heroic PVEs would come back.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Team him with Chavez and things will get out of control. Keep that AP, and it just keeps on getting worse for the opponent as he gains AP from the row clears. Not sure if I am reading this right, but it looks like if Chavez can tank, it becomes beatdown city.
    From my reading, you'll only get the row/column clearing passive to go off if Wiccan makes the match.  If he's underlevelled and other characters tank his colours, then you're only going to see the downsides of that power (everyone attacks Wiccan).
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Kaecilius' strikes have to be included in a match. Wiccan does seem like he's meant for bringing to a Galactus or Ultron fight, though.
    i was thinking it would be good in a boss fight but honestly couldnt think of which others used special tiles at the time
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    He, Cloak & Dagger will make a very annoying turtle team.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is it true healing? 
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Chavez/Carnage/Wiccan 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Wiccan seems interesting...until he'll be nerfed. >:)

BTW , thank you Devs to keep releasing characters during an Alliance event.
    Give me a Boss Battle anytime instead of those recycled PVE resulting in a race to clear faster than the other players in your bracket. Less stress, more fun with your allianc's mates. 
    Win Win for everyone.
    Thank YOU  <3