Options

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Yoik said:

Another toon! Another character. Come on! Do something different.

Don’t get me wrong. She was easily one of the best characters in that film and could have had a standalone film of her own but ive got what? 65 other 4 stars twiddling their thumbs and playing kiss chase because the saturation of characters within this game hit 1 dunked cuppa tea status about a year ago maybe more.

Come on D3!!! 1,606 days of playing here asking for a little spice!!

Ironically Okoye seems to have a pretty cool power set. But still. COME ON!!!!

Would you have a suggestion?

Because the most recent new things they've done (Fight for Wakanda and Supports) get regular negative criticism here on the forums. You want them to "do something different", but the mood on the forums suggests the exact opposite. They might have a better chance of delivering something worthwhile if we could provide more solid examples of what we want instead of "something different."
    People have been providing suggestions for years now that are ignored because they improve gameplay instead of revenue.

//Removed Comments Provoking Others -Brigby
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would run Okoye at 5/5/3. Her red ability looks underwhelming at first glance. The maximum number of additional damage from destroying a selected row is 6 * 2494 = 14964 + 12472 = 27436. Again, it's natural because she's doing two to three different things with this ability. 

Her passive power led to a lot of questions from the players. Would be it be better to standardise what "power" is and what "power" is not? There are only a limited number of ways power can be defined, I suppose?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Piercing throw will be fun to play with Daredevil's green CD out. Sure, there's lots of better combo's, but destroying that CD by targeting the row it is in means you get the big damage and the CD will reset itself.  Wonder how much you will get for additional damage from her passive here. 
    DD will tank yellow for her, and you usually want to keep DD in front so he can get hit, make a strike tile & heal, so some synergies may be lost with this combo. Fun on paper though.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Unsure if anyone has seen any videos of her but i've seen some where you can insta kill a full 5* team using sentry green power because each countdown damage gets boosted to do over 10k damage. Technically you could insta kill an enemy team of level 500+ 5*s with 1 AOE power
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unsure if anyone has seen any videos of her but i've seen some where you can insta kill a full 5* team using sentry green power because each countdown damage gets boosted to do over 10k damage. Technically you could insta kill an enemy team of level 500+ 5*s with 1 AOE power
    Sentry nerf in 5.....4.....3.....2....
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Where is that "somewhere"? It got to be a video. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby not sure if this has ready been answered, but how does the damage increasing passive interact with someone like Jessica Jones black or Mordo purple?
    For JJ does it increase damage for just the main part of the attack or can do you X damage + bonus in addition to X damage + bonus X number of friendly special tiles color?
    For someone like Mordo purple does it increase his damage from say 1500 per ap in enemy strongest to 5500 per ap in enemy strongest, or does it just add 4000 to whatever the total damage would end up being? 
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby not sure if this has ready been answered, but how does the damage increasing passive interact with someone like Jessica Jones black or Mordo purple?
    For JJ does it increase damage for just the main part of the attack or can do you X damage + bonus in addition to X damage + bonus X number of friendly special tiles color?
    For someone like Mordo purple does it increase his damage from say 1500 per ap in enemy strongest to 5500 per ap in enemy strongest, or does it just add 4000 to whatever the total damage would end up being? 

This was answered by the devs on Discord--it adds to the damage pool. Similar to strikes. So any power that does x damage based on whatever condition, the damage is pooled up and her passive is added on.

Powers like Gweenpool green and Valkyrie red do get the damage added to each hit, since they are intentionally separated damage pools.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    A staunch fundamentalist who is as formidable with her spear as she is with her tongue

• fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    scottee said:
    Interesting passive. The main way to exploit it would be to have a cheap AOE, but there's none in the 4/5* territory.

Maybe as a third in 5* Hawkeye/Coulson? Coulson's countdowns do damage. It says increase on the damage though, so I assume it won't work on Hawkeye's arrows that don't do any damage.

If you have 5 TU AP, Coulson's countdowns do like 6k damage. Get to 9 TU AP and they're doing 11k each.

Is there any other combo that can span quick damage in the 4/5* realm?
    You wont get to 9TU most likely because Coulson's passive will cause a CD to expire as soon as you match above 5
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where is that "somewhere"? It got to be a video. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmPhyszfkjE

I can't believe it works on CDs, that's bananas.  I scoffed when someone suggested this Senty move earlier in this thread.  I figured there was no way it would apply to CDs.  I was WRONG.  
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    That's awesome. Thanks for the video. Sentry just jumped from the bottom feeder to the top with the help of Okoye.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Goblin would be good in there insetad of the hood as well
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options

This will obviously need to be confirmed, but to me it sounds like any damage that is dealt by a friendly power (active or passive) that has been triggered will have her black passive damage added to it. So this would include 3* and 5* Strange's 'Flames of the Faltine' and 3* Thanos' 'Court Death' (but not 5* Thanos' as she'd be stunned before the damage is applied) as those passive abilities are triggered by in-game events. Thor's green 'God of Thunder' passive damage would be different as it's not triggered by an in-game event, rather it's continuously delivered as long as specific conditions are met (i.e. being below 50% health.) If this is the case, though, Black Bolt's 'Energy Channeling' probably doesn't get the benefit of her passive either. Has anyone confirmed whether this is the case or not?

I can confirm that her black DOES boost BB' energy channeling passive.  It boosts CDs and dmg from tile destruction connected to CDs (Squirrel Girl's green was hitting for 10K each CD when it destroyed random tiles).  
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    I feel like pulling Okoye now... but I'm not sure if her damage will be reduced in the future.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like pulling Okoye now... but I'm not sure if her damage will be reduced in the future.
    I mean, if they nerf her before Gambit after all of this time then there would be an actual uproar.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I mean, if they nerf her before Gambit after all of this time then there would be an actual uproar.
    Remember she is in god mode now...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:

God mode doesn't help bad characters. Archangel wasn't particularly scary in god mode. I don't remember seeing Robbie Reyes in god mode at all. Jessica Jones is solid, so she was obviously even better in god mode. LumberCap mostly seemed to contribute a big Health pool even though his red could hit extremely hard to finish off the last enemy. Haven't had an opportunity to face Okoye yet but I hear good things about her from those that got her.

And remember, god mode now gives a preview of what she will be like at level 550 later. :)

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Smart80 said:

God mode doesn't help bad characters. Archangel wasn't particularly scary in god mode. I don't remember seeing Robbie Reyes in god mode at all. Jessica Jones is solid, so she was obviously even better in god mode. LumberCap mostly seemed to contribute a big Health pool even though his red could hit extremely hard to finish off the last enemy. Haven't had an opportunity to face Okoye yet but I hear good things about her from those that got her.

And remember, god mode now gives a preview of what she will be like at level 550 later. :)

Wasnt arguing her being good or bad. Just responding to HoS speaking about possible damage reduction. If you like her now purely cause of the damage she does now, you could be bummed out when she enters packs...