Okoye (Warrior General) (5/15/18)

Options

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I'm really glad she's a 5* as that means Iron Spider will be a 4*! Also, she seems like she could be a really solid 5* support character.

Brigby said:

Wakanda Forever! - blacktilepng Passive
    Okoye fights to protect Wakanda at all costs. Damage from friendly powers is increased by 1321 for each Team-Up AP you have. Okoye's base Team-Up match damage is increased by 90%. At the start of the turn, if Okoye is not in front, destroy 1 friendly Team-Up AP.

Indomitable Spirit - 7 yellowtilepng AP
    Okoye dutifully protects her allies with stoic conviction, not letting anything break her composure. Restores 1765 health for each Team-Up tile on the board, then converts 4 random basic tiles to Team-Up tiles.
    Two questions for Brigby: 

1) RE: "Damage from friendly powers is increased by 1321 for each Team-Up AP you have." Is this active powers only, or does it include passive powers?

2) Is her heal a true heal or a burst heal? And is it healing her only, or is it a team heal? It sounds like it's just healing her, but the "Okoye dutifully protects her allies" bit leaves that open to interpretation.
    1) It does seem to include passive powers. Example: Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) dealt over 9,000 damage from his Flames of the Faltine, when Okoye was on the team.

2) She only heals herself, but it is a true heal.
    1) Awesome! 

2) A team true heal for 7 AP would have been insane, so that makes much more sense.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She'll play well with 5* panther , looks good
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does that passive boost work for Thanos too?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Isay_Isay said:
    I have a feeling it won't since thanos stuns the team before he deals aoe .
    But I could be wrong
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Isay_Isay said:
    We'd need official word, but my guess is her passive will apply to any passive damage that's triggered (which would include 'Court Death') but probably not damage multipliers attached to passives that are not triggered (like America Chavez's 'Punch Everyone.') I'd think it would apply to Medusa's 'Entanglement', but we will see.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Correct me if i'm wrong but Black Panthers yellow uses up team-up AP while Okoye wants as much team-up AP as possible. Seems counter productive to me.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    will she have a wigged variant?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isay_Isay said:
    We'd need official word, but my guess is her passive will apply to any passive damage that's triggered (which would include 'Court Death') but probably not damage multipliers attached to passives that are not triggered (like America Chavez's 'Punch Everyone.') I'd think it would apply to Medusa's 'Entanglement', but we will see.
    I don't think it'd apply to Thanos, since I think his stun processes before anyone's passive.  But that's a question for Brigby  :)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    evade420 said:
    Isay_Isay said:
    I have a feeling it won't since thanos stuns the team before he deals aoe .
    But I could be wrong
    That's correct. Since Thanos (The Mad Titan) stuns his allies before dealing damage, the bonus damage from Okoye does not apply.

Now Thanos (Modern) on the other hand... ;)
    Isay_Isay said:
    It's a bit trickier trying to test America Chavez, but I believe Okoye's damage increase does apply to Ticket to the Multiverse.

Okoye's damage increase does not apply to Medusa's Entanglement.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Updated the damage values for Piercing Throw, as those were level 3 values, not level 5
    I thought it was a touch low, but figured that it also applied her passive's damage on top to make up for it.

Does it apply her passive on top of it?
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I miss the marvel.com interviews.
  • Patradis
    Patradis Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Her passive combined with DD's sonar strike...one cascade is all you need.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does the damage apply to countdowns such as those produced by gambit, Hawkeye and coulson
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos said:
    Correct me if i'm wrong but Black Panthers yellow uses up team-up AP while Okoye wants as much team-up AP as possible. Seems counter productive to me.
    Black Panther spends team-up AP to deal extra damage with his yellow.  Okoye can spend that yellow AP (that Black Panther can't use) to heal herself and generate more team-up tiles (that could cascade into team-up matches on a favourable board).

It's hard to say how good this synergy is without seeing the characters in action though: what are the chances they'll be paired up in a hard node in the next Simulator run?
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    She looks like a potential partner for Gambit but nothing groundbreaking. She won’t replace him on any teams and she won’t be the answer for him in a matchup. 

I hate sounding like a broken record, and I’m sure it comes across as such, but I feel like every 5* character that is released has a maximum potential of being a sidekick until Gambit is nerfed. You have to ask yourself two questions:

1. Does she enable a non-Gambit team to reliably beat a Gambit team?

2. Is she better than a half-health Thor?

Number one is a solid no unless I’m missing something. You still need AP to fire powers and get her bonus. You’re probably dead before then.

She has a chance at number two, because she can boost Gambit’s powers with her passive and tank some colors (including TU) plus heal up.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hm, could this be a sign the 4* tier is starting to fossilize some, and the new focus will be on growing out the 5* roster? If so, i really hope we start seeing 5*s being multi-fed by many 4*s to make it more possible to get them. #StillDontHaveLumbercap
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like I'll be dumping my horde on this vault. I don't have 5* Black Panther yet and I wouldn't mind some Peter Parker covers. 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very "unique" set of colors - OML and Black Panther have exactly the same and considering the amount of 5*s... meh
    Anyway, cant wait to try her with 5* Hawkeye and 4* Star Lord :D
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why is she a 5 star? Very confusing....
    What the tinykitty??  I understand that the star rating is rarity and not based on powers but a character that is essentially background support as a 5*, my first reaction was "Huh???"