Okoye (Warrior General) (5/15/18)

Options

Comments

• lieuhung
    lieuhung Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A friend show me this video. Okoye max champ+ buff + 50% Thor. See how quick this team beat max champThor+Gambit
    https://streamable.com/u8954
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    lieuhung said:
    A friend show me this video. Okoye max champ+ buff + 50% Thor. See how quick this team beat max champThor+Gambit
    https://streamable.com/u8954
    They just nerfed it in 154.  It was crazy fast tho...
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Messed around with her a bit to test her revised interaction with Medusa's countdown tile. If you can get the team up AP, that ramps up crazy fast. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Messed around with her a bit to test her revised interaction with Medusa's countdown tile. If you can get the team up AP, that ramps up crazy fast. 
    Does her black passive add the damage to Medusa's countdown every turn?
  • AlexNapalm
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Does her black passive add the damage to Medusa's countdown every turn?
    It does. By the end of the match, Medusa's countdown was doing over 5000 dmg per tick. This was just using the boosted Okoye in the Iron Spider PVP with 3 covers in Black. 

The passive black damage does not effect strike tiles created by matching Medusa's countdown. 
  • Dormammu
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hm, I just tested and that doesn't seem to be the case. My Okoye (5 covers in black) made no difference in damage, regardless of Team-up AP, to the damage Medusa's countdown was doing.

Edit: Never mind, realized I still hadn't gotten the new update. It works! It works!
  • AlexNapalm
    Options
    It's really good. I'm excited to see what she can do champed. Seems like she'll work well with a ton of characters. 
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm completely confused by the interaction of her black ability with other powers. I noticed that the Thor interaction with his green is now dead, which makes sense. Additionally, the interaction with the first firing of Gambit red is now gone. This also makes sense. 

However, Gambit's 2nd firing of red is direct damage based on the condition of removal of charged tiles. It should technically still work, but it doesn't. Does that make sense to anyone else? 

@Brigby Can you confirm that the power should not add damage to Gambit red when charge tiles are present? If so, the text on the ability really needs to be changed to "No damage added to any abilities that involve tile destruction or are triggered by tile destruction."
  • lieuhung
    lieuhung Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    It's shame. She used to be the best support character. Now she is useless.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lieuhung said:
    Not useless. Less useful in the current meta, yes. 

But it it would be nice to build around something that doesn’t require Gambit. Oh, so nice.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just wish it would be somewhat consistent as to what works or not. And perhaps an announcement in topic like this, if those unpredictable conditions would be altered..
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lieuhung said:
    So we know for sure that her not adding damage to Gambits second red isn’t just a bug?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the release note:
    Okoye's power Wakanda Forever! no longer adds damage to powers that destroy tiles without dealing additional damage.

Probably it's meant to be interpreted it as that ability need to state that it deals X damage if it destroy tiles? Think GSBW, 3* Hulk, 3* Bullseye, Rogue, X-Force Wolverine.

• alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    (Post patch mussing)

I'm still waiting for a cover swap for my 5/2/5 Okoye... but there's definitely some interesting synergies.

Medusa and Okoye looks very promising... and any other Attack tile generators. Throw 4* Carol in for extra LOLs.

Passives like DP4 and Lockjaw are likely to be crazy... and Gambit's Purple still hits like OMFG when they go off.

Sad to see Court Death is not boosted - which strikes me as odd as other passives DO gain the benefit.

It would be nice to get some clarification on what the INTENT of her power is, so we can help narrow down if some of the observed R154 behavior is bug or working as intended.
  • AlexNapalm
    edited June 2018
    Options
    alaeth said:
    (Post patch mussing)

I'm still waiting for a cover swap for my 5/2/5 Okoye... but there's definitely some interesting synergies.

Medusa and Okoye looks very promising... and any other Attack tile generators. Throw 4* Carol in for extra LOLs.

Passives like DP4 and Lockjaw are likely to be crazy... and Gambit's Purple still hits like OMFG when they go off.

Sad to see Court Death is not boosted - which strikes me as odd as other passives DO gain the benefit.

It would be nice to get some clarification on what the INTENT of her power is, so we can help narrow down if some of the observed R154 behavior is bug or working as intended.
    Did you try her with 3* or 5* Thanos? Apparently, 3* Thanos gets the boost and 5* does not because 5* Thanos stuns Okoye before the boosted damage can be added. 

Edit: Also, thanks for the idea of Okoye and Lockjaw. They should both be boosted along with Carnage next PVE. Gonna enjoy testing that out. 
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    *slaps forehead* of course 5* Thanos fails (I forget 3* variant exists).  Yeah... that pesky stun.  Makes sense. :)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alliance buddy has been having fun with Okoye and Black Bolt, she adds her damage to his passive...
  • Dormammu
    Options
    ...thanks for the idea of Okoye and Lockjaw.
    I tried this team, along with Medusa, three times in SHIELD Sim, intrigued by it as well. So far I haven't been able to get Lockjaw's green off before Medusa's countdown tile slaughters everyone. I can't resist matching team-up tiles and watching thousands upon thousands of effortless damage every turn.  :)
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned that her spear covering the bottom row is slightly irritating?
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned that her spear covering the bottom row is slightly irritating?
    Yeah, someone brought that up on the day of her release. It was confirmed to only be a problem for Steam players. I haven't heard anything since, so no idea if any kind of fix is planned.